Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:16am | IP Logged
What to say becks....Really thanks yaar...

Its been so long since I read an Indian magazine Embarrassed

And what they wrote, how they wrote is APT!!!!!!

Yes SLB has introduced two born-legacies, more so Miss Kissy LOL .... The last true Blue Mohicans Clap What a salute to these TWO!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*SonaBir-Saawariya Memories* (Page 4)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

beckytower

IF-Rockerz

beckytower

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:27am | IP Logged
I am finding a missing page LOL LOL that comes after the ones I posted...till then you can read what their Daddy Cools have to say LOL Tongue

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Becky....I have only few people that I can number on my fingers who that moment I see or know about them - the following words pop-up inside my brain

ITS PURE PLEASURE TO WATCH THEM!!!!!!!

Every time I see Sonu Nigam on stage, I used to feel that way, and Shilpa Karan, and now SONAM! and Sonabir.

In poetry they say - sukoon milta hai - that is SONAM!!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Oh my, she is so special, so peaceful, so so so ROYAL!!!!!! And SLB introduced the blue-blood with blue colors....what poetic justice!!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

PS::and BECKY - tell me how you like the name "'Shikar'" - I was always upset that ShilpaKaran had no name like Michi, Sonabir, etc. As I was writing this - Shikar popped out. Shi from Shilpa and Kar from Karan.

beckytower

IF-Rockerz

beckytower

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged

Alrite Sunin, sadly enough I can't find the page which comes right after what you read...but I have the magazine so I am typing it up.

SLB continues..

-my own people have inspired me to make movies. The inspiration for Black was my father, who believed every human being must be educated. It's strange how those memories come flooding back years later. Time just rearranges those memories. Things my parents did or said come back to me when I'm filming something adn it seems diving. Almost like an epiphany.
Love is unconditional. Love has to be only that. There has to be yearning, disappointment and agony. Real love is divine; its pure. I've tried to capture that in the film. Saawariya is the story of a woman waiting endlessly for her beloved.
Look at the scriptures, turn to mythology, love is always divine- Meerabai's love for Lord Krishna, Heer-Ranjha, Romeo-Juliet and Shirin Farhad. It transcends human emotions. The image of yearning and waiting reminds me of Meena Kumari. But mind you, love is not masochistic, it's celbratory. I wanted to explore the nobility of relationships through Saawariya, the concept of the virah and the shringaar ras through the film and the principal characters.
Today, everyone derisively talks of quick love where lovers demand space and their threshold levels for pain and tolerance are so low. But I do believe that people need to tap that side of patience and endurance, which only comes with real love. That's why I wanted to make Devdas; it was about true love for me. Never mind if the lovers are not destined to meet. Sometimes, love is unrequited but what makes it noble is the fact that even when the love is not reciprocated, people don't stop loving.

We grew up at the movies

I have complete OCD about Saawariya. For the past two and a half years, all I've been doing is shot divisions and planning and sketching the basic graph of my characters. Somehow, even after the film is ready, I am unwilling to let go.

I feel 10 years younger. I am in a happier frame of mind. I feel energetic. Ranbir and Sonam are like my own children. The time spent with these kids gave me such a fresh perspective to life and the movies again. I suddenly feel alive.

I have tried to impart to these kids everything I know about the movies, about life. Our realtionship was almost on the lines of the guru-shishya paramapara. I introduced them to the best of Hindi Cinema, world cinema,classical music and philosophy. I've given my everything to these kids. Even after the shooting was over, we'd be walking and discussing the roles into the night. I'd make them listen to the nuances of Lata Mangeshkar's singing, Bhimsain Joshi's vocals or the subtext in a Guru Dutt film. In the process, I felt enlightened myself. I stretched them like a rubber band. After working with actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh and Rani, my bar for performances was raised. So I had to constantly remind myself that I was dealing with raw talent. But I'm happy to discern a palpable difference in the performances of Ranbir and Sonam from the first day of shooting to the last. Without exaggeration, let me tell you they are true blue stars.

I asked Sonam and Ranbir to become their characters, live their lives, reathe them. It was just too overwhelming. Somewhere in the course of all this, I've exorcised all my anger, my pent up feelings. I feel so much younger and lighter.

I must also specially mention my music director, Monty, who has contributed immensely to the magic of Saawariya. The whiplash theme in the background in Devdas and the haunting solo song in Black were his contribution.

Edited by beckytower - 29 May 2008 at 7:41am

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Wow..Anil is so down-to-earth, dignified, homely, and sound soooooo not from Film industry.

What Luck Becky - A wonderful Father-Daughter set! Embarrassed

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by beckytower

Alrite Sunin, sadly enough I can't find the page which comes right after what you read...but I have the magazine so I am typing it up.

HugHugHug- thankQ

SLB continues..

-my own people have inspired me to make movies. The inspiration for Black was my father, who believed every human being must be educated. It's strange how those memories come flooding back years later. Time just rearranges those memories. Things my parents did or said come back to me when I'm filming something adn it seems diving. Almost like an epiphany. Wow what choice of words - diving but an epiphanyClap...is almost like SRK-Kajol song - "tere pyaar me doob ke paar ho rahi hoon sanam."Clap
Love is unconditional. YES! Love has to be only that. YES, yes and yes. I get into arguments with my friends with this ALL the time.ConfusedThere has to be yearning, Yes disappointment and agony not sure about this.... disappointment and agony might be there but not necessary. Real love is divineYES, that's what I think too; its pure Most definitely!!!!. I've tried to capture that in the film. Saawariya is the story of a woman waiting endlessly for her beloved.
Look at the scriptures, turn to mythology, love is always divine- Meerabai's love for Lord Krishna, Heer-Ranjha, Romeo-Juliet and Shirin Farhad. It transcends human emotions. The funny part is that all the examples he chose are pairs who never met in the end. But in mythology we have SitaRaam, RukhminiKrishna, etc. whose love is more divine, more pure, and more eternalEmbarrassed. The image of yearning and waiting reminds me of Meena Kumari. But mind you, love is not masochistic, it's celebratory YES!!!. I wanted to explore the nobility of relationships WOW Clapthrough Saawariya, the concept of the virah and the shringaar ras through the film and the principal characters. And indeed, SLB did exactly that!!
Today, everyone derisively talks of quick love where lovers demand space and their threshold levels for pain and tolerance are so low. But I do believe that people need to tap that side of patience and endurance, which only comes with real love. That always has been a major part of my arguments with friendsWinkThat's why I wanted to make Devdas; it was about true love for me. Never mind if the lovers are not destined to meet.I agree. Like Karan said to Shilpa - "Those people about whom you would rather not talk about and keep to yourself are the closest to your heartEmbarrassed Embarrassed" Sometimes, love is unrequited but what makes it noble Clapis the fact that even when the love is not reciprocated, people don't stop loving.LOL so with every other human emotion. tsk tsk, could not help a sour remark thereLOL

Edited by sunin - 29 May 2008 at 6:57am

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:13am | IP Logged
kidhar chali gayi re becks...aur jyaada deir tak rahini hai. I have to take a shower, eat breakfast, get ready and go Volunteer [:D/]

These organizations bhi naa....volunteers ko respect nahi deta (shilpa style LOL ) sometimes paid work is better because at least then they will respect my time. Confused

sunin

Goldie

sunin

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by beckytower

SLB continues..

We grew up at the movies

I have complete OCD What does OCD mean?ConfusedLOLabout Saawariya. For the past two and a half years, all I've been doing is shot divisions and planning and sketching the basic graph of my characters. Somehow, even after the film is ready, I am unwilling to let go.

I feel 10 years younger. I am in a happier frame of mind. I feel energetic. Ranbir and Sonam are like my own children. The time spent with these kids gave me such a fresh perspective to life and the movies again. I suddenly feel alive.

I have tried to impart to these kids everything I know about the movies, about life. I beleive in it. I don't know about Ranbir, but from what I sense seeing Sonam and reading Anil's take on his daughter....I think she is endowed with "Learner's Attitude" if you know what I meanEmbarrassed She is always ready to learn, she is like a White Canvas, allowing the director to paint his/her dream on her, and inturn BECOME the Sketch!!!! Sonam seems to be a Director's Delight!!!

Our realtionship was almost on the lines of the guru-shishya paramapara. I too got a sense of that! I introduced them to the best of Hindi Cinema, world cinema,classical music and philosophy. I've given my everything to these kids. Even after the shooting was over, we'd be walking and discussing the roles into the night. I'd make them listen to the nuances of Lata Mangeshkar's singing, Bhimsain Joshi's vocals or the subtext in a Guru Dutt film. I would love to work with someone like that.....entertainment, YES but also learn LOADS of things while doing the job!!!! No wonder such people stand out.

There is a BB coach here who is in his late 60s or more I think, and still TDH and powerful and commands deep respect. Michael Jordan and Bulls are his creations! And you know what he used to do.....He used to make all his team members do yoga for an hr....read Zen literature for 1/2 hr, .....and give some spiritual exercises to practice - every single time they had practice sessions!Guys like Rodman flourished under his danda and care!!!Embarrassed SLB seems to be a similar kind of person.

In the process, I felt enlightened myself. I stretched them like a rubber band. ClapClapClapAfter working with actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh and Rani, my bar for performances was raised. So I had to constantly remind myself that I was dealing with raw talent. But I'm happy to discern a palpable difference in the performances of Ranbir and Sonam from the first day of shooting to the last. Without exaggeration, let me tell you they are true blue stars. In deed, they are - INDEED!!!

I asked Sonam and Ranbir to become their characters, live their lives, reathe them. It was just too overwhelming. Somewhere in the course of all this, I've exorcised all my anger, my pent up feelings. I feel so much younger and lighter.

Thanks becksy.....thanks a million.

Edited by sunin - 29 May 2008 at 7:26am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top