Travel

Hill Stations!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Has anyone here been to a hill station before? Its virtually impossible to be an indian and not have been to a hill stationTongue

Theres loads of them like Goa, Mahabaleshwar, Mount Abu, Alibaug, Khandala, Lonavla, Matheran, Shimla and list goes on!

Last year I spent new year's day in Khandala and all I could say is WOW! U all must have heard of the famous Deol family right? Well Dharmendra had their house just opposite ours so it was quite a great view actuallyTongueThe thing is, there are barely any discos,clubs or even high streets for that matter! Just all houses surrounding each other which are HUGE! and well there were all my cousins from moms side over there and all mummy papas which left us with about 50 of us!TongueWinkIt was sooo awesome! We danced the night out in the front yard of the house(which is completely huge) while all the neighbourhood did the same hehe.(especially the neighbours whistling at some of us girls uff:|) the place is a number one spot for new years day and loads of people buy mansions their and visit their in holidays and stuff and it was just so great! We only went their for the weekend but im sure we'll go back some time soon!

there are loads more hill stations i've been to like Matheran which is very famous as everywhere you go, you will find red mithi(like red dust mud thingConfusedlol) which looks something like this:

^im sure you can see the group of gorasLOLi absolutely LOVE matheran! if you get the chance, then do buy the strawberries, blueberries and blackberries cos its their speciality and it taste awesome even though we went in the winter!

and not to forget mahabaleshwar, the beauty of these places is you can do so much or absolutely nothing! hehe you can stay in your hotel and sunbathe all day lol or go out and the thing about this place is you are NOT ALLOWED to bring any cars in this place! You have to stop your car when ur at the top of the mountain and either walk for an hour or twoOuchlol or you get a manual rickshaw horse to take you to your hotel. This was done to preserve the environment and its natural beauty by the government. The best thing is that if you choose to go out, then you can take a horse for the whole day along with you and actually go out and see the various attractions. For example, there is an echo point, where you scream your name and it echos like a gazillion times, its like a clift but with barriers ofcourse lol. and then you have monkey point where in the distance you actually have gandhiji's bora mat suno, bolo, dekho with 3 monkeys covering eyes, mouth and ears if u know what i meanConfusedand there is another type of monkey point lol where monkeys gather and people go to see them and feed them nuts and everything, i must tell you monkeys are the smartest creatures i have ever come across in my life! and then there is sunset point, where atleast a hundred people gather every evening at a certain time to see the sun set in front of their eyes and i must say, it is a complete beauty!

P.S: its way prettier than that in the picture! lol

sorry for going on! I just love going to other places in india especially hill stations! whatever happens, these things are those which make me love my country to death!

By the way, i was googling and found a gora family who seemed to have absolutely loved the experience!

http://freelancenomad.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

i hope you all have some sort of experience to shareEmbarrassedif not, no worries, i hope you have some day! and sorry for blabbing on, its become a bad habitOuch

Dia.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hill Stations!" in Travel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

damilola

IF-Rockerz

damilola

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:41am | IP Logged
dey look kool !!!

payal_r

Goldie

payal_r

Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:06am | IP Logged
ive been to Mount Abu ... it was great, but that doesnt seem like a hillstation Embarrassed

but i would love to go on Hillstations, especially in India Big smile

Thanks for sharing Big smile

Nusheen

IF-Dazzler

Nusheen

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
guys shimla also is hill station rigth......so had any ine visted shimla before if yes how is shimla nice???

Edited by Nusheen - 14 June 2008 at 3:04pm

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Embarrassed wow..cooolll...i too love hill stations...i went to pachmarhi....its a nice place..

nriatul

nriatul

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Interesting. Have you visited Dharamshala in Himachal. It's a wonderful hill station. I'm visiting next week. This is where Dalai Lama lives.

Atul

www.healthbusinesssuccess.blogspot.com

anshuman83

anshuman83

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 2:09am | IP Logged
i spent  most of my childhood in nainital...so have developed a liking for the place too..

i didnt like it then for the reason i did my schooling from there in a hostel and was sent to a boarding at a very young age..

but then as time passed by...and my schooling days got over..i began to miss it very much..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top