Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged
here is the link to this article
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&se ctid=30&contentid=20080501200805010159172186322d642&pageno=1

Fame Gurukul winner Qazi Tauqeer seriously injured himself while rehearsing for his acting debut film, Take Off. Qazi was rehearsing at Ganesh Acharya Studios when he fell down and injured his neck.

We spoke to Take Off's producer Nazim Rizvi when he was on his way to Bombay Hospital. He says, "Yes, Qazi is in a very bad state. We are on our way to the Bombay Hospital. I have just spoken to Dr. Keki Tureil and Qazi will be immediately admitted in the ICU. We will only know the exact situation once he is admitted and the doctor has taken a look at him. All I can tell you right now is that he is in a very bad shape. His neck is seriously injured."

How did the accident happen? "We have no clue. He was rehearsing for our film's title song as we were supposed to shoot the song on May 4. I don't know what happened. He was just doing some dance step when he suddenly crashed on the floor. He couldn't get up or move and was in extreme pain. I reached the hall and I am taking him to the hospital now," adds Rizvi.

Dr Keki Tureil said, "I think he has had a very bad fall and is in extreme pain. He is completely stunned and we call it a neurogenic shock. He is in such extreme pain that he is not even co-operating in any examination that we are doing. I have sent him for an MRI test and will be in a better position to speak about him by tomorrow morning. We have also attached a collar to his neck and given him some painkillers. He was sweating profusely and could not open his eyes due to pain. We will keep him under observation in the ICU. The situation right now is unclear."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Qazi Touqeer Update (Page 2)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Fame Gurukul's Qazi still critical
The actor had seriously injured himself while rehearsing for his debut film's song
By Shweta Parande . Buzz18 May 02, 2008
Comments [1]   E-mail
Fame Gurukul's Qazi still critical

Qazi Touqeer, the winner of Fame Gurukul, is in critical condition in Bombay Hospital. The singer-turned-actor was seriously injured while rehearsing for the title song of his first film, Take Off, on May 1, 2008.

The rehearsals of the song were on at Ganesh Acharya Studios in Versova, where Qazi reportedly fell down and injured his neck. The film's producer Nazim Rizvi has no idea how the actor happened to fall down, but he rushed him to Bombay Hospital as soon as the accident occurred.

Dr Keki Turel, Head of Neurosurgery, Bombay Hospital, was of the opinion that Qazi is in extreme pain and in a state of 'neurogenic' shock. When brought to the hospital, he couldn't open his eyes but now hes gone through an MRI test.

We spoke to Rizvi for an update, who said, "He's still critical but better than yesterday. Unless and until they're able to make him stand, the doctors cannot say anything. There's a problem between his third and fourth cervical (vertebrae). Also, one of his discs has straightened a bit too much. So, there are two problems to be tackled right now."

Qazi is lying on the hospital bed with a collar on his neck in critical condition. Our sincere wishes to him for a quick recovery, and we hope he's able to Take Off in style.

-DulceMaria-

IF-Sizzlerz

-DulceMaria-

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged
m inn, i love him Embarrassed
Natalie.

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Qazi Touqueer out of ICU
The Fame Gurukul winner was critical due to a cervical injury
By Shweta Parande . Buzz18 May 05, 2008
Comments [0]   E-mail
Qazi Touqueer out of ICU

Qazi Touqeer is out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Bombay Hospital. We had reported that the singer-turned-actor had seriously injured himself while rehearsing for the title song of his first film, Take Off. The incident had occurred on May 1, 2008 at Ganesh Acharya Studios.

Take Off producer Nazim Rizvi, who's been by Qazi's side all through his ordeal, said today that the actor is out of the ICU. "Qazi is not fully all right but has been shifted out of the ICU to a general room," Rizvi said.

It may be recalled that Qazi had developed a severe problem between his third and fourth cervical (vertebrae). The fall had also changed the position of one of his discs. We hope the actor is on his way to a speedy recovery.

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:54am | IP Logged

Famed Gurukul winner Qazi Tauqeer was discharged from Bombay hospital last week after a severe neck injury. The singer-turned-actor is now taking a couple of weeks rest. Media spoke to Qazi for the latest update.

A relieved Qazi says, "I am fine but I still go for regular check ups. I was in the I.C.U so I had never imagined that I will get well soon but there is still a minor pain in my neck which doctors say will disappear in about week's time. I have been saved because of the blessing of Allah and the prayers of all my loved ones. In two days time my neck collar will also be removed. After that my mother and I are planning to go for Hajj and Imam Darga. This is like a rebirth for me".

Enquired about those who came to meet him in the hospital, he reveals, "All my relatives who are there in Mumbia and also Rex D' Souza who was there with me in "Fame Gurukul". I was pleased to see him".

On the work front, he says, "My first movie "Take Off" is all set to release but there was only the one title track which was remaining. Unfortunately, during the rehearsals I got injured while doing a somersault. I will start again in two weeks".

The forthcoming film of Bollywood "Take Off" is a romantic thriller in which the majority of the songs have been sung by Qazi Tauqeer. He had injured his neck while rehearsing a song at Ganesh Acharya's Studio last month. His condition became very critical following which he was admitted to the Bombay Hospital.

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged
hey some time back this came..its a nice chat
http://www.buzz18.com/interviews/movies/no-time-for-girlfrie nds-qazi/24361/0

dove

Goldie

dove

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:57am | IP Logged
these r some of the few pics when he was hospitalized Cry Cry Cry

dove