mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago
'Does the camera miss me?'

Syed Firdaus Ashraf | January 10, 2005 14:33 IST

Hrithik Roshan may not have been in the news for a while, but when he made a guest appearance at the music launch of Vikram Bhatt's Jurm -- starring Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, Gul Panag and Milind Soman -- all eyes were on the Koi... Mil Gaya star.

Children were busy taking Hrithik's autographs and posing with him for pictures.

The actor, who celebrates his birthday today, January 10, says he chooses to do fewer films because he "acts on instinct."

"It is not some strategy that I am not doing films now. It is a personal decision. My decision does not reflect on my confidence or my talent. I don't think in those terms."

Hrithik starred in only one film released in 2004 -- Farhan Akhtar's Lakshya. But the much-awaited film did just moderate business at the box-office.

Sanjay Dutt's charity concertSanjay Dutt's charity concert More on rediff.com!
Sanjay Dutt's charity concertSanjay Dutt's charity concert

Best of the week!

Wish Hrithik! SMS your greetings!

He has only his father's next film -- the sequel to the blockbuster Koi Mil Gaya -- coming up. Does he miss the camera?

"The question is: Does the camera miss me," he asks back, smiling. "I hope it does. You're making me nervous by asking this question! But I don't miss the film cameras since I have the media cameras on me!"

Is that why he is at the music launch? 

"The people working in Jurm are my friends," Hrithik says. "Many of them have contributed to my growth. The music of the film is promising and I wish them well.

"I have not come to cut any ribbon today. I hope you will see me on the big screen by the end of the year because I don't plan to be a ribbon cutter all my life," he says.

About his next film, Hrithik says, "Koi... Mil Gaya was an ant in front of the challenge ahead of us."

The 31-year-old actor's new hairstyle is also attracting attention. "I always regretted not having a hairstyle of my own. Now, I am happy. I was never confident about my hair since my school days, so it is nice to have this look."

Would he do anything for tsunami victims? "Yes, I am doing something but I do not want to talk about it. There are a lot of things I have done but choose not to talk about. I hope you respect my decision."

Will he participate in Sanjay Dutt's charity concert on January 30? "If not that, there is something else being organised and I will be a part of that function. Nothing is official yet, so I cannot talk about it," says Hrithik.

got the article from bollywoodworld.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango thumbnail
that means only knph and kmg were hits none of his other movies were hits?
mango thumbnail

Originally posted by: dil ka rishta23

he looks like a girl with his new hair

ya he does look like a girl

mango thumbnail
he's good actor well actually good dancer
jprasad thumbnail
wow, I was just thinking I haven't seen Hritik Roshan in a while.
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gigli

Amazing Dancer- total perfectionist.

well yea his dance is great 👏
loveneha_r thumbnail
he is an awesome actor but quite unlucky that most of his films flopped... but i think he was really good in all of them
bas02 thumbnail
i think he's gr8 as you can probably tell.Haven't seen him for a looong time though, thnx for the article!
*Anjali* thumbnail
well he's still evolving as an actor, but he's definitely better than a lot of the newcomers out there. I think he's going to rise to the top within the next few years b/c he really has the total package---the looks, dancing, and just needs a little more improvement with his acting.  Then i think he will be unstoppable! 
popkurn thumbnail
he is good in acting and thats about it i personally dont really think he is good looking