India-Forums

Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan
Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

Screengodz (HUSSAIN)(Interview)

Kashish* Groupbie
Kashish*
Kashish*

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 4:44pm | IP Logged

He guys if u have read the following article,,, but i found it intresting,,, so  i thought to share with u guys,,,

A New Avtaar

The widely famous Khullja Sim Sim is now Sansui Khullja Sim Sim back in a new avtaar on Star Plus. And this time around, it is Hussain Kuwajerwalla (Sumit of Kumkum fame) who will be saying the magic words as the new host for the show.

It€™s based on the immensely popular worldwide format, Let€™s Make a Deal (LMAD) which is a unique combination of luck, instinct and will power. It is a suspense-filled interactive show with huge prizes at stake that has grabbed international audiences wherever it has been played, and continues to do so, emphasizing the show€™s longevity.

Hussain is already making waves with his new-found fame and while he continues to be the goody goody boy in Kumkum, he has spread his magic in his earlier works too in StarPlus with serials like Krishna Arjun, Kyunki Saas Bhi Khabi Bahu Thi and Zee TVs Aashirwad.

It€™s time for som

What role do you play in Kumkum?
I play a goody goody boy, a son every mother would love to have. My character is full of values and principles and there€™s nothing that€™s bad about him. Any girl would think that if she had to have a husband, I€™d be the ultimate choice. He loves his family immensely and would sacrifice anything to be with them. He puts his family first, he loves his wife a lot, he tries to bring love wherever he goes, he€™s a sober and typical fun-loving guy at the same time. In short, he€™s an ideal man, which is very difficult to find anywhere.

Why have you taken a shift from TV soap operas to a game show?
It€™s not really a shift, it€™s just another offer that came my way and I took it up. It€™s something new for me after Star TV€™s Kisme Ketna Hai Dum and Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai €" musical shows that I anchored some time back. On the game show I show my real self, unlike the person I play in Kumkum. Here I can reveal my true personality. It€™s a totally new genre for me, and I don€™t feel I€™m doing the same thing over and over again.

How did Sansui Khullja Sim Sim come your way?
The channel just called me up one day and said that they were considering me for the show. Later, I learnt that I had been selected.

Is there anything new with this show compared to its old avatar with Aman Varma as anchor?
The game show is the same. There€™s nothing new in it. It€™s the same three doors opening out, with prizes on display. Earlier, they used to give prizes like television sets, now we will be gifting away Plasma TVs. So you see, there have been a few changes. Besides, there will be a jackpot mega prize this time round, a Mercedes Benz. As for me, I can only make a few presentation changes. In the very beginning I was instructed about the entire format of the show. It was up to me to package it and present it in my own way to the viewers. I€™ll try to be friendlier with the people and try to give more love to them and get more love from them in return, so that they go home smiling.

Have you met Aman and has he given you any tips on handling the show?
We are friends and share a very mature relationship. We have never spoken about the show to one another.

Have you met Aman and has he given you any tips on handling the show?
We are friends and share a very mature relationship. We have never spoken about the show to one another.

What do you think will be the outcome of the game show?
In this show everyone in the channel has his own task to perform. The work is all bifurcated so there are no shortcomings at all. It€™s smooth-running all the way.

What is exciting, being an actor or an anchor?
Well, I€™d say that both are equally interesting, for they are both different roles that I€™m playing. In Kumkum it€™s a totally different feeling altogether because there I get to learn a lot about relationships, be it with my wife, my family or the people around me. There are many ups and downs that one faces and not everyone has a life that is a bed of roses. Even the rich can one day become penniless, while the poor can just get poorer. Or richer. There€™s lots of emotional quotient in the serial and that€™s brought out really well. The serial deals with overcoming these emotional obstacles while in Sansui Khullja Sim Sim I am the master of ceremonies and the king of the game show. After all, I am conducting it all alone. You have to see the crowded audience, the contestants playing the game, their reactions, and lastly, people€™s happy faces when they win lakhs of rupees and other gifts.

(hOW SWEET HE LOOKS)

What kind of roles are you looking at?
I have been playing Sumit for quite some time now and it does get to you after a while and hence I thought it would be great if I took something new to break the monotony.

Can you tell us something about your background?
I studied at Fatima High School, Mumbai and graduated from Jaihind College. I did not take up an acting course but used to take part in college, inter-collegiate plays and drama and that€™s where the interest for acting came up.

Are you interested in getting into films?
Not really. I€™ve not received any exciting offers as yet, but am very much open to it. However, I don€™t think I will take up anything that comes my way, unless I am conned into it. But if I do get an interesting film coming my way I€™ll take it up.

What do you look for when taking up a role for a TV serial?
You can€™t really say anything about a TV serial for you never know how long it may take and what climax it might have in the end. You just take it as it comes€ read the script and get an idea about the entire serial.

Any plans for the future?
Till now I always wanted to act. I think opportunities have come my way and I have these two shows that I€™m currently doing. Let€™s see what the months ahead bring for me.

Your brother is also into television and movies. Has he been a source of inspiration to you?
Yes, he has. My brother Qaeed Kuwajerwalla has directed serials like Kasauti Zindagi and Saara Akash and he is presently working on Family Business. He may not watch my shows due to lack of time, but when he does, he certainly tells me where I faltered and where I was good. He has the ability to do this because Qaeed is behind the camera, while I am in front of the camera. Like a true brother and friend, he helps me, and guides me and at the same time appreciates my work.

(a SWEET JODI)

SO HOW DID U GUYS FIND THE ARTICLE AND IMAGES

Kashish* Groupbie
Kashish*
Kashish*

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Kum-kum...

Edited by Kashish* - 10 January 2005 at 4:46pm
shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing the article!

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 11 January 2005 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Thanx 4posting the interview, i specially love the three pics of hussain at the beginning! Tongue
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top