Page 3 Page 3

lovestorm

Groupbie

lovestorm

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *angel3000*

hey it was a great story...i loved itBig smile

heyy ya aww thanks soo muchTongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Amore Mio |PART 2A- PAGE 2| (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lovestorm

Groupbie

lovestorm

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Nishi*

hey storm!! heyy nishiTongue! sorry it took me so long to comment Ouch that's alrite hon (computer wouldnt log me out of my sisters account Dead lolz) I absolutley loooove ur new story !! thank u oh so very muchLOLTongue i thought the word amore mio sounded familiar LOL hmm i didn't get dat sry i'm a lil slow lolz but really wat did u mean? i love the way u write and the character's backgrounds Big smile thanks it takes a lot of time thinking all this up and i'm so happy dat u like itTongue i can see myself like kripa in alot of ways Embarrassed really? dats cool b/c i'm kinda pro-kripa at the moment to but u neva know what will or can happen...LOL suspense, suspense i like the way this story is going ! plz keep writing !! Big smile Clap ur doing a gr88888 job Clap thanks againBig smile

lovestorm

Groupbie

lovestorm

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mini786

Ahhhh... LOL
Too good, please do continuee!!"
Im hooked!! aww dats jus gr8LOLTongue
I loved the way you described how everyone felt! thanks so muchTongue
Im waiting for moree! :] n so u're goin to gget moreeWink

lovestorm

Groupbie

lovestorm

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Chapter 2 A

She'd finally completely given up on sleeping at four o'clock that morning after hours of frustrating anxiety. She'd been a late-riser since she was a little child and had always needed her sleep no matter what. This insomnia was definitely making her miserable.

She'd been under the shower for at least 45 minutes, and had also leisurely dressed taking her time for each and every chore that one did in the morning and still, the clock was just about to strike five. She was bored. This was definitely frustrating since she planned on hiding in her room for as long as possible.

She walked to the window seat set in the west wall and knelt on the padded cushion to watch the Colorado dawn approach. The window overlooked the lake that reflected the delicate crest of the moon and the sky which boasted all the shades of reds and royal blues. The rain drizzled still, with small drops hitting her window to trail lazily downward.

It was simply breathtaking and she desperately wanted to capture each and every detail down on her canvas. But unfortunately she hadn't carried any of her materials along with her.

Kripa had hired a part-time shop assistant almost a year ago before so she'd be free to take an hour or a day off when it suited her mood, or to spend several days at a time if it struck her maybe to go on a hiatus, except this most definitely didn't feel like one with all this stress. You know what she needed an adventure. She needed to get out. A short ride around the area wouldn't hurt, now would it? She could explore a little, maybe look at the little shops that she'd seen on the way to the house.

After putting on a pair of jeans, a pull-over and stuffing some random cash in her back pocket and then grabbing her cap, and of course her iPod she was on her way out the room. She tip-toed down the steps, not wanting to wake anybody up. Was there a need for a note? Now, where was she to find paper and pen in this house? It was only 5 a.m. and she'd probably be back by around sevenish-eight. It shouldn't be a problem, she decided and stepped out letting the chill of the air encompass her body. She loved it. In New York, the city life could get hectic, the air was never this fresh, the grounds were never this lush, and the sky so clean. She felt the thrill of adventure overtake her worry about leaving a message or not.

Hiking about a mile or two, she came across a bike renting shop and happily walked in. Two and a half minutes later, she exited the same shop with a red flashy mountain bike. She started up the precipitous mountain trails. The smell of the wet earth was so fresh and the feel so soft she didn't even notice the time flying by. When the road got ridiculously impossible to pass along with she left the bike under a tree and went on, on foot.

"La la la la la…
Hey mama, this that shit that make you groove, mama
Hey get on the floor and move your booty mama
Yaw we the blast mastas blastin' up the jamma
Hey so shake your bambama, come on now mama
Hey mama, this that shit that make you groove, mama
Hey get on the floor and move your booty mama
Yaw we the blast mastas blastin' up the jamma
La la la la la ahh ahhh ahhhhh…"

It was just after dawn and the sky in the East was simply fantastic. The wind's base rustling harmonized perfectly the birds' high pitched whistling. The cold wind breezing past her had felt so good that she had ignored the risk of standing by the edge of the cliff where the earth was still slippery due to the last night's rain. With her hands spread out wide, she'd stood breathing in the fresh air. The mountain's height gave it such a drastic and beautiful effect and the view was simply amazing. She could see the lush greenery of the forest mesh down with the vastness of the magnificent blue ocean. The next thing she knew was that she was slipping off the ground and down the rugged cliff.

She struggled and tried grabbing the ground with her nails but the ground was uncooperative and loose. She was slipping further and further down. She turned her head around to see a sudden drop of about a hundred and fifty feet right behind her. She felt her breathe being caught in her chest. She heard someone scream for help but didn't even realize it was her own voice that was doing the screaming. She could see her life flash right before her eyes. She thought she was finally going to die this time and nothing could be done. She'd been in several other tight spots before but never something like this. The experiences had always been on land or water never in mid-air. It was a horrible feeling to be hanging off of a hundred and fifty foot cliff and nothing securing her except for the rock. It was still frightening but still exhilarating.

This was still nothing, right? I'm just hanging of a cliff with only a rock securing me. Remember the time when I was in the hospital for that surgery? That could have either paralyzed me or killed me too, right? Oh, stop it! Think, think, think! Shush... don't panic! You'll just get all hyper and make rash decisions and then you'll get yourself killed! There's got to be a way out... there's always a loophole. Especially when you see no other way. Remember Mr. Forney! Gosh, how much I hated him for those stupid words that he kept on repeating in stupid, dumb math class. I really wonder how he never got sick of himself. I pity his wife and children if he's got any, that is. Oh shut up, Kripa! Why are you thinking about that dimwitted Forney? You shouldn't care of how he almost failed you just because you asked him if he uses the super hair-growing protein hair gel for his ugly bald head. SHUT UP! My poor arms! I think I'm going to die.

She could feel her grip on the rock loosening and that was when she felt strong hands frantically grabbing at her arms. They were bruising but doing their job and pulling her upwards. She landed on a firm, hard body and wrapped her arms around the solidity. She slowly opened her eyes to find eyes as gray as the sky on a stormy night stare right back at her. The energy transmitted between both of them was unbelievable and undeniable. When she noticed the amused look on the man's face, she hastily got off of him. Flustered, she fumbled with her clothes trying to straighten up.

"Oh… um… well… yeah… so… umm… GOD! Shit!" What's wrong with me? Why am I acting so stupid?

She was too busy processing all the events that had taken place no more than about three minutes ago that really had felt like hours for her brain to go back to the plane ride just yesterday and match him up with the gorgeous Mr. Dimples. And then it clicked.

"Umm... Ok. I'm alright. No harm done." Pause. She suddenly felt the uneasiness in her stomach building and found her head spinning again. "Oh, God! I think I'm going to puke." She put both her hands over her mouth intending to stop it before it passed through her mouth.

"Damn!" What was up with this woman? He swiftly put his arm around her waist and directed her towards the nearest bushes.

He sat her down in his car's front seat nudging her head between her knees. "Breathe deep." He came back with two bottles of water. "Here. Take small sips." She drank it thankfully.

He said he'd drive her home and she grudgingly agreed. She was in no shape to bike back home; her arms were numb and her whole body ached. "You must honestly think I'm some kind of throw up machine."

A laugh rumbled deep in his throat, escaped through his lips, and resonated through the car. "No..." It was a deep, infectious laugh. The kind of laugh that would stay with you all day long. A smily, shinny, and happy laugh. She liked it and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. "I like your laugh. It's very happy and... manly."

He raised his left brow and his moved his amused eyes at her. "Umm... thanks. That was a unique compliment. I've never had anyone tell me that."

"And you've also got a very nice jaw. And nice smoldering eyes. And a very, very sexy voice. I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable? I have a habit of babbling when funny things happen to me."

"No... I'm not uncomfortable. Just mildly surprised," he replied with a smile.

"Why? Are you not aware of the fact that you're a very beautiful creature?"

"No... I think I know I'm pretty... handsome," he emphasized, "but I didn't think a stranger who barely knows me would point that out so boldly and especially a woman?" he replied.

"Now, wait just a minute? Are you sexist, gay or both?" she asked when her sudden feminist views were hampered with. She spotted the tree under which her bike was under. "Oh, Stop the car!"

He stopped the car at the edge of the road and turned his face to look at her. "Look I'm sorry if I offended you. I really didn't mean to. And you're in no shape to walk home," he replied with concern.

"What?" she didn't understand what he was talking about at first and then it dawned on her that he was talking about their conversation. "Oh, no. It's not that. I left the rented bike under that tree back there and I've got to return it to that bike- renting store. So... Can we pick it up and return it? It's on the way, anyways,"

"Oh. Oh... Yeah. Sure." He backed up the car about a 100 feet, and got out the car to load the bike on to the back of the jeep. After that, he got back in the car and they started back on their way.

"So... are you a lawyer or something? You like the determined type. You like to win all your battles, don't you think so?" he glanced at her.

"No, I'm an artist. I wasn't aware we were fighting any battles, but yes I do like to win all my battles by myself." she replied not at all offended by his subtle accusation to her stubbornness.

"And you? Are you a diplomat or something? You look like the dignitary type, don't you think so? You definitely like to point out one's obvious qualities suavely."

He laughed again. "You're sharp. I could have commented on something like that to ten other people, and none of them would have caught up to that."

"So will you go on a date with me tonight?" This abrupt question from Kripa to Angad really stumped him and when he didn't say anything for the next 45 seconds her face turned sad. "I'm really that bad, huh? Don't worry, I don't blame you. After all, who would want to go on a date with me, the throw up machine, anyways?" Kripa hysterically chortled at the expression on his face. "I was only kidding! God, you're so gullible."

He laughed along with her. "You know what? You really are something and I would have definitely accepted the invitation if I weren't going to attend a party tonight. And if you hadn't said it so boldly. I'm not use to bold and frank women. I'm finding the quality refreshing."

"Why, thank you so very much. But are you really going to a party tonight? Or are you just trying to soothe my prickled ego? Just kidding. I have a party to attend tonight too but I must confess it's not something I'm looking forward to... It's a long story," she said when his eyebrows rose quizzically. "So do you live here, in Colorado?"

It was a story he would get out of her another time. Another time? He found himself wanting to meet her again. And not only again, but again and again and again. That was an odd feeling. "No, I grew up here. But my parents do live here. My sister's getting married; her fianc and she, both, think this is the perfect place to get married. He grew up here too."
"Really. That's odd. My brother's getting married too.
I don't live here either. I grew up in California and am currently living in New York City. It's a good place to start and extend one's career."
"So you're an artist, right? Are you better with clay or paint?"

"People know me for my clay figures but my paintings aren't that bad either."

"Are you being honest or only inanely modest?"
She laughed. "I've been trying hard to be modest but I guess I'm going to have to ditch that. I'm not just good, sir, but I am outrageously. Does that soothe your curiosity?"

"We're not nearly close for that. You're a very out of the ordinary kind of woman. We should really consider that dinner some other day, you know," he said with a naughty glint.

"Hey, take a left here and just drive up a little longer and the house is right there," she spoke as she recalled her way back "home". She didn't want to go back there where her tensions were given feed by every breathing second. She'd liked the flirtation session with this Mr. Dimples. Wow! She still didn't even know his name, she realized.

"You live here? No way! This is my sister's in-laws place... The Kapoors?," he exclaimed completely oblivious to the horrifying gut feeling Kripa was feeling.

This was a complete disaster. Why did he have to be someone who knew her parents and who her parents probably liked. She'd much rather date a man who her parents would disapprove of. Why? Well, she doesn't quite know for sure either. Maybe the concept of rebellion's something she'd taken a liking to. And the fact being that he was her sister in law's brother didn't seem to help one bit. Going into that territory would be dangerous and even though she thrived on dangerous this just didn't want to meddle with her relation with her parents. The more she stayed away issues concerning her family, the better.

Um... Thanks for the ride. Oh, and," she let out a weak laugh, "thanks for saving my life too. But I've got to go. Bye!" Leaping out of the open door, unintentionally shutting the door loudly, she leaped out and hurried up the front steps to avoid any more communication, leaving a very confused Angad behind. What was up with that, he wondered. Did I say something wrong...? Women!

They were a complex, demanding and... beautiful. He really liked her and he was going to see her that night anyhow. This was definitely going to be interesting.

Mini786

IF-Dazzler

Mini786

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Yup, Yup!

Enjoyed it really much!

Ahh, can't wait to see what happens at the party! Woot, seems cool!

nihita

Goldie

nihita

Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
wow!!!!!!!kool update,......
hmm....relations gud they'll meet again tonight!!!!!!!!
wanna watch kripa's expression!!!!

love
nihita

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovestorm

Originally posted by *Nishi*

hey storm!! heyy nishiTongue! sorry it took me so long to comment Ouch that's alrite hon (computer wouldnt log me out of my sisters account Dead lolz) I absolutley loooove ur new story !! thank u oh so very muchLOLTongue i thought the word amore mio sounded familiar LOL hmm i didn't get dat sry i'm a lil slow lolz but really wat did u mean? i love the way u write and the character's backgrounds Big smile thanks it takes a lot of time thinking all this up and i'm so happy dat u like itTongue i can see myself like kripa in alot of ways Embarrassed really? dats cool b/c i'm kinda pro-kripa at the moment to but u neva know what will or can happen...LOL suspense, suspense i like the way this story is going ! plz keep writing !! Big smile Clap ur doing a gr88888 job Clap thanks againBig smile

Hey !! yh i meant it sounded familiar from italian EmbarrassedLOL I've heard it somewhere before..... LOL not sure if dat made sense LOL aw ur welcome again Embarrassed i know it takes lotsa time (and thinkingWink) to form backgrounds !! i've tried it....LOLLOL  I loved ur next chapter !! it was like tons a suspense LOLEmbarrassed My heart was beating so fast when I was reading most parts Big smileLOLI cant wait to see them at da party Embarrassed It'll be a shocker !! LOL Keep writing Clap

lovestorm

Groupbie

lovestorm

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Mini786

Yup, Yup!

Enjoyed it really much!

Ahh, can't wait to see what happens at the party! Woot, seems cool!

LOLthanks soo much

Post Reply New Post

Go to top