Quote of the Day . . . (Page 3)

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Star_on_earth

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

This one line quote can be taken in different ways by different people...from this quote what I understood is that if I be good to others...the same thing wud come back to me and personally I have expereinced it too...sometimes..ppl be kind to me..coz i had been the same with them earlier Embarrassed

This is the simple logic I like to follow....coz for me even small deeds of kindness makes a big difference in my attitude...and i like to live that way!

The examples of prc, past india or south amercians may be true..(i dont know much history)...but i still think kindness gets its rewards..and by that i dont mean after 10 years or after death. i ve got my rewards even in my short span of life...so I continue to be kind unless and untill i have a reason not to be so!

But if those past examples gives you a reason not to be kind to others..thats your thinking. i personally dont agree. You're getting personal here. You asked whether we agree with the quote or not and I said I don't agree as it's not always the truth. What I do or don't do doesn't come into the picture.

sorry if i got personal...was only trying to explain my point of view. everybody has a right to agree or not..and i have nothing against you or anybody who doesnt agree to this quote or what i believe personally.Embarrassed

The one line quote doesnt say when, where and how...it depends on the people how they like to take it!

What the quote doesn't say is that you shouldn't always expect a favourable reward for your act of kindness, cos even though most of the times you might be rewarded, there will be times when you may not be rewarded at all and then there will be times when you might even get an adverse reaction. IMO, that's the truth, not the rosy picture that all your acts of kindness will be similarly rewarded.

wat u said is not wrong entirely...but i still think...being kind does more good than harm..and thats only my opinion. no offence to you or others.

Go to top