Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

Article - Acting is my passion: Aastha

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

doweshowbellyad=0;
Aastha Chaudhary (TOI Photo) More pics
She is vivacious, bubbly, naughty and full of energy and she can make you laugh your heart out.

That's Aastha Chaudhary for you. From a small town Alwar in Rajasthan, Aastha landed in the glitzy world of Mumbai to aspire her dream of becoming an actor. And she has definitely come a long way in just nine months. "I come from a middle-class background. After finishing my engineering in Jaipur, I thought of trying my luck in acting and that's how I came to Mumbai," she recalls.

Aastha, who is playing the female lead in Babul Ka Aangan Chutte Na, is having a gala time shooting for the serial. "I want to do only serials, no films for me. Nowadays, movies are all about skin showing and lewd item-numbers. Right now, I am happy with my small screen engagement," she says with a twinkle in her eyes.

No doubt her lead role in Babul... suits her like a glove. "It's a story of a middle-class girl who juggles between her parents and married life. I can relate to my character in more than one ways. She is warm, loving and the gharelu type. But I cannot solve day-to-day problems like her," she admits.

Before this serial, Aastha had done a few cameos in Saat Phere and Rakhi. "Acting has always been in the back of my mind. As a kid, I did a telefilm for DD channel. But I was so small then that it was beyond my level to understand what was happening," she says. So how did such a challenging role land in her kitty? She answers, "It was all by chance. I was not at all keen on giving the audition because I was enjoying my holidays when they had called me up. But then, I thought to give it a try and here I am."

Talking about the recent scenario in the television industry, does she feel channels are being flooded with melodramas these days? "Yes, they are. But I feel that if your content is good, it will undoubtedly click with the audience. The issues raised in this serial are something which happens with every girl once she gets married. The entire family can relate to the characters and the happenings in my serial," she says.

Ask her whether she is ready to settle down in real life like her screen character, and pat comes the answer, "Not as of now. But if at all I plan to marry, I would love to have a man like Shubh (lead man in the serial). He is so dedicated to his family, loves and respects his wife so much."

While she foresees the future to be a bright one, she has definitely geared up for all the competition that lies ahead. "I am very passionate about my work. I believe in giving my 100 per cent in whatever I do, rest all depends on the audience. I hope they keep liking my work," she signs off.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Act ing_is_my_passion_Aastha_/articleshow/3055750.cms

var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

flowertotDavi

animateash IF-Rockerz
animateash
animateash

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
dis was posted b4 i gues si hav rea ddis for sureee newyas thnx

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top