CID

*CID Complete the Mystery Contest*

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

The CID Team is back once again with an awesome contest for you!  Below, we have presented the first half of a murder mystery.  Your task is to complete the story within 500 words, and reveal the secrets behind the murder.  These include who the killer was and how the victim was killed. 

When you have completed your entry, please send it by PM to CID_Contests with the subject heading "Complete the Mystery".  The deadline for submission is June 5th, 2008.  Voting will be conducted after that and the member with the best entry will get a prize!

Below is the first half of the story.  Concept credit goes to Ananya_A.  Have fun!

Dhiren could not understand why any woman would have hundreds of her own photographs scattered throughout her home, furniture toppled chaotically, and spots of multicolored paint staining everything in sight.  However, he didn't have time to bother with such issues.  His focus was on one thing: the cash and jewels he would be stealing from this home.

"Her name is Sheetal Ambuja. She's a vice-president for Sheetal Industries, lives alone, and keeps a good one hundred to two hundred thousand in cash and jewels in the house at any one time," Tejas had told him when they'd met at the Malibu Bar and Grill.

"What about her schedule?" Dhiren had asked, contemplating how he would pull off the robbery.

"That's up to you to figure out. I've done everything I can." Tejas had gathered up his papers and stuffed them into his briefcase.  Dhiren had been provided with an entire file on Sheetal, including a rough layout of the house and Polaroids of the security system and many of the rooms. The two would not talk again until Dhiren delivered Tejas's ten percent.

As he walked through the hallway, Dhiren was certain that Sheetal would not be home for at least another two hours.  It was Wednesday night, which meant that she would be playing racquetball with her colleagues until nine.  Now that he was in the home, it was only a matter of finding where the riches were stored.

After checking the other rooms, Dhiren finally headed into the final one: Sheetal's bedroom.  The moment he opened the door and peered inside, the gun fell from his hand and clattered on the wooden floor.  There on the bed lay Sheetal, a bloody wound on her stomach.  The white sheets around her lifeless body were soaked with blood.

Once he had gathered his senses, Dhiren approached the bed slowly.  There was no doubt it; Sheetal was dead.  But who could have done such a thing?  And why had she been home so early?  His eyes caught sight of something small and silver next to her hand.  He leaned over slowly, careful not to touch anything.  It was a silver chain with a small skull pendent on it. 

As he turned to leave the leave the room, Dhiren made a firm resolve.  He would call the CID team and let them know that a murder had been committed before fleeing the scene himself.

Hope you enjoy the contest!

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daisy!! thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yayyy another fun contest!!!
will definetely participate
luvv the concept of the case and wonderful writeup suhana 👏 👏
by the wai...how long doez the story has to be? doez it have a certain limit??Edited by Daisy!! - 15 years ago
luna_lovegood thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
exactly...amazing plot Suhanasafar and Ananya_a ... bt is there any word limit abt the thing??
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Sorry guys...I didn't think of posting a word limit before. I have edited the first post now. The word limit is 500 words...and instead of sending it to my username, please send it to CID_Contests. Thanks!
Dark Love thumbnail
Cool contest! Great concept Ananya and amazing write-up Rabia!

Will try to participate...but finals are fast approaching, so it's a maybe. =[
kothra thumbnail
very interesting contest..Great 👏
luna_lovegood thumbnail
hey..dnt mind me saying this...bt this is cruel!

Completion of a CID epi in jus 500 words??? 😭 😭
please let there be no word limit...I mean in 500 words I can just write a dialoge sequence...

and if u are nt changing the word limit then can we introduce characters like u did in the last CID contest and let it nt be counted
luna_lovegood thumbnail
and also...do we need to write abt all Shruti thing or anything extra like Freddie talks..or ACP - Saluke fight..

I mean we cant do it in 500 words either...so please let there be no limit 😭
ankit333 thumbnail
will definetely participate
luna_lovegood thumbnail
exactly...u stole my words