Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Harman Baweja- Harman shower linkpg125/pi (Page 59)

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged
more animation to come soon

Sara_DONT_ASK IF-Stunnerz
Sara_DONT_ASK
Sara_DONT_ASK

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 9:16am | IP Logged
this might hav been discussed ...before too...but he resembles HR a lot... Tongue
Chandani_C IF-Sizzlerz
Chandani_C
Chandani_C

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 9:30am | IP Logged

Thx Ukpeez glad u like the pics and creations, and thx for the aviz Wink

Originally posted by Donny COMB

this might hav been discussed ...before too...but he resembles HR a lot... Tongue

Hmmm i dont think he resembles to HR , look at his face only, his features, not his hairstyle which is totaly the same as Hrithik's

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:08am | IP Logged

yh..he suz..but now he is kinda lukin differnt....he luks damn good.....cute and hot         &nb sp;     
ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Here is interview of harman in rediff.......and here is the video.......... http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jun/10video1.htm
ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ukpeepz

Here is interview of harman in rediff.......and here is the video.......... http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jun/10video1.htm

Meet Harman Baweja

Text: Ronjita Kulkarni Harman Baweja is not your usual debutant actor who is unsure about himself, and very self-conscious offscreen. Harman knows exactly how his makeup should be, what the camera frame should be, what the backdrop would look best on his black shirt... What separates him and the regular debutant is the amount of expectations he is carrying on his shoulders because of his hugely-hyped debut in Love Story 2050. Harman was born on November 13, 1980 in Chandigarh. After the anti-Sikh riots in November 1984, his family moved to Mumbai. Before he became an actor, he dabbled in hotel management in Switzerland -- "I dropped out after a year because I hated it" -- and then assisted his father, film director Harry Baweja, for seven years.

And then Love Story 2050 happened. Directed by his father, the film also stars Priyanka Chopra, Harman's rumoured girlfriend. I asked Harman to talk about their film together.

'If I tell you Priyanka's my good friend, you'll say you've heard that before'

Tell us about your chemistry with Priyanka.

You know, that's been my weakest subject in school (laughs)! But I'm getting better so I'm presuming my chemistry with her will be great on screen. She's an honest actor. So am I. And I wish to be a good actor too. She's been helpful to me on the sets. She's a senior so I would get technical tips from her, like coming to the mark when I should. She's been a perfect co-star. If I tell you that she's my good friend, you'll say you've heard that before. She's your 4 am friend! It was pm but they printed am by mistake! Yeah, right! (laughs) See, a 4 am friend is one whom you call when you're distressed in life. Right now, I'm only stressed out because of Love Story 2050. And no one would know the film better than her, other than my family. And I don't want to stress my family because they already have too much to stress about. So I call her and stress her out. So that ends the 4 am stuff! But you told Filmfare that the most romantic gift you have given is a CD, where you sang even though you've said you're a bad singer. And Priyanka says that that is the most romantic gift she has received from her guy. But I'm a great singer! (laughs) If you say that, you'll have to prove it by singing for us now.

I'm cutting this album for Michael Jackson right now! (laughs) So there's a difference!    

'It's my first film so I didn't want to experiment'

Tell us about Love Story 2050.

Love Story 2050 is like the title says. It's a love story in 2050. This was the first title we thought about, three years ago. But it was not a conventional Hindi film title like Yeh Dil Ne Kuch... It's very abrupt. But dad felt that the entire film was spelt out in the title - it's a love story set in the future. And that's what it is. It's a love story spread across two time zones. It's a time travel film. What's your look in the film like? I haven't done anything flamboyant. Priyanka went red-haired, and that worked wonders for her character. For me, there's nothing like that. It's my first film so I didn't want to experiment. I just wanted to be myself. How tough is it shooting in front of a green screen? It's a killer! First of all, it's my first film. So as a father, he should have been nice to me and helped me. Instead, he puts me in a green room and tells me to pretend that there's a flying car there, suddenly pan left and there's Ayesha's car... and I'm like where is all this happening? I was shooting a scene with Cutie, the robot. She has to say, 'Karan (my character's name), where are you?' Instead, she goes, 'Kkkkarr...' and gets stuck. And you get really upset because that's your best shot. But you can't even get upset because Cutie is a robot!

So we went through all that. I've trained so much in my first film -- you know, with green screens and robots -- that it's probably going to be easy acting with humans now!         &n bsp;         &n bsp;    

'I'm hoping that people start recognising me'

How difficult is it to do a romantic scene with Priyanka, with your dad watching?

Very! The first two days of shooting, I went up to dad and said that if you're going to be on the sets, I'm not going to be able to act! So he looked at me and said, 'I'm the director of the film!' So he sat in another room in front of the video assist, and talked to me through the mike. I didn't want to see my father when I was shooting because that would freak me out! It's natural; he's my dad at the end of the day. But by the end of the third day, you learn how to cut off. But the cut off was not definite either. Like, I never called my father 'sir;' I called him 'papa' only. But I'd be professional on set, and he becomes a father again in the car. Tell us about your first brush with stardom -- the first time a stranger recognised you on the streets.

It hasn't happened to me, honestly. Nobody recognises me yet. The other day I went to the chemist. I walked the streets aram se, and no one recognised me. I'm hoping that people start recognising me.

'Hrithik knows how to dance for the camera. I'm still learning'

You've been compared to Hrithik Roshan. How do you take that?

I always say the same thing. It's what my parents did, yaar! But it's a matter of time. For those who have seen my film -- like Ashutosh Gowariker, Anees Bazme and Manmohan Singh -- obviously see me and that's why they've taken me in their films. What the world has seen are two trailers. When you see someone for the first time, you tend to relate him to someone you know. That's natural. So you say Shahid Kapoor is like Shah Rukh, Abhishek is like his father, Shah Rukh is like Dilip Kumar, Ajay Devgan is like Sunil Dutt... So after you see my first and maybe second film, people will say this is Harman, and he has his own identity. But people may compare you to Hrithik when they see you on screen for the first time. But then, it's unfair to me. At the end of the day, I'm a newcomer and he's been there for eight years and has done 20 films. He has matured and improved as he's gotten older. But this is my first film.

Like you can't compare my dance with his. He's got eight years of experience, so he knows how to dance for the camera. I'm still learning.

'My schedule has become very hectic'

How much has your daily schedule changed?

It's become very hectic. The only thing I want is sleep (it's 10:30 pm at the time of the interview but the day is far from over for Harman. After the interview, he has to rush to his office to rehearse his performance for the IIFA awards until 3 am. He hasn't had any dinner, and he has to suffice on cashew nuts for now. The next day will begin at 8:30 am with the dubbing for Love Story 2050). But at the same time, I can't complain. I've been working towards this, and now that it's happening, I need to be happy about it. And I am. What next? I don't want to do films where I play a character that's typically me. I want roles which will give me scope to perform. I get that in Love Story. It's followed by Victory, where I play a small-town boy from Jaisalmer, and how he becomes a big cricket star. And then his search for himself again. It's a very complex film. It's very commercial as well. It has cricket players like Brett Lee, Dinesh Karthik, RP Singh and Yusuf Pathan. Anees Bazme's It's My Life contrasts completely with this. It's a romantic comedy. It's a remake of a Telugu hit, Bommarillu. The Tamil version, Santhosh Subramaniam, was also a hit. So we're hoping we're third time lucky now. Then, there's What's Your Rashi with Ashutosh Gowariker. I cannot talk about that. In the picture: Harman strikes a pose next to a painting made by his mother Pammi Baweja, who is also a producer. Photograph: Hitesh Harisinghani

Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 13 June 2008 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Heyloooooooooooooo EVERYONE!!

~ Been a tad inactive here, but it was my last two exams, so had to focus..but I'm back..and wow we are on page 60!! I feel proud!
~ Looking back on some of the pages! Sayra!! Those siggys are mindblowing!! Esp the last one! HOT HOT HOT!
~ Shazia, Thanks for the amaizng avi's I didn't know Caro had made some yet..I'm usingLOLLOL
~ Sayra thanks for the hot pictures, I'm gna make some siggy and avi's alterBig smileLOL
~ Shazia thanks for the article!1 haha Harman is all trying to deny the CD figt thing!! I hope they admit they are together after the film is out!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rabba-Ve-Delena IF-Sizzlerz
Rabba-Ve-Delena
Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 13 June 2008 at 5:44am | IP Logged

~ Yeah he indeed that, but I think only face sturcture wise, other then than that I feel they differ alot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go to top