Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Harman Baweja- Harman shower linkpg125/pi (Page 14)

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:09am | IP Logged
Harman Baweja all set to make his first media appearance tonight

By Satish S, May 28, 2008 - 14:55 IST

He is touted to be the 'Next Best Thing' happening to Bollywood, after Hrithik Roshan. Having Bollywood's 'Godfather to many' Harry Baweja as his real-life father, he couldn't have asked for more. But not the one to merely make it on the basis of his surname, he has slogged his way to come before the camera. We are indeed talking about Harman Baweja, the down-to-earth dude, who makes his debut in Love Story 2050, in an exclusive interview with Bollywood Hungama, on the eve of the release of the film's futuristic music.

The promos look really futuristic. What about the music?
From our end, we have tried to make sure that the music lives up to the look and the feel of the film. The music of the film has got a range. It has got ballads and also it has got futuristic club songs. It has got interesting new sounds. From our end, we have put in an entire album. We have tried our level best to connect both the time zones.

The look and the feel of the film look international. So, has the music too been composed keeping in mind the international audience?
Simply put, since it's a Bollywood film, it is catering to Bollywood. I do agree that because of the effects in the film and its music, there is an international appeal to the album. But musically, we have kept it as Bollywood as it gets.

How different is the music from the current lot of music albums that's available in the market today?
I won't say that the music is really 'different' because it's my film. I would say that we have worked on different sounds. For example, the song that's on air these days (the one in which I am dancing with the robots). It's a real new sound. Its got more of a techno-meet-robot-meet-melody kinda' feel and appeal. It's basically a classical raag that we converted into a robotic techno feel and then incorporated in this song.

What, according to you, is the USP of the album?
The USP of the album is definitely the wide range of music that the album has got. As I told you earlier, it has got right from the futuristic club songs to my next song that will be on air soon, which happens to be a romantic theme number. Everything that is required of an album is there in this album, except your typical Punjabi Shaava Shaava and Kaawa Kaawa kind of thing, which we felt, was just not needed as the script didn't really demand it. The story of the film is interwoven with the songs and vice versa.

Click above for more stills
Which is your personal favorite soundtrack? And which track you feel will have the masses swooning to its beats?
It's a song that will be aired anytime now. It's basically the theme of the film and it's called 'Meelon Ka Jaise Tha Faasla'. It's a song that spans across both the time zones. It's basically the soul of the film. I just can't pick up and single out one song that I feel will be a hit with the masses. For me, it's the entire album will be a smash hit.

VThis is your first time that you will be facing the media. Are you nervous or excited?
I am slightly nervous as this will be the first time that I will be coming in front of the media. I just hope that I can be myself and talk like myself!

What's your take on the much-publicized Harman-Imraan clash?
There is no take on it as I feel that there is nothing called as the Harman-Imraan clash as I feel it's all made up. For me, its just two films of two debutantes with two totally different themes that are releasing on the same day. I have worked hard on my film and frankly speaking, I just do not believe in the so-called 'clash'.

One observes that the common factor that binds the then-debutante Hrithik's Kaho Naa Pyar Hai and the now-debuting Harman's Love Story 2050 is the fact that Kareena Kapoor walked out on both the films. Kaho Naa Pyar Hai turned out to be superhit, do you feel that the Kareena- walkout will rub the same superhit magic on Love Story 2050.
As long as any magic that rubs off my film and my film becomes a superhit, I am OK with it…(laughs).

Lastly, a certain section of media did write negative about you. What was you reaction about it? Rather how do you react to such negative news?
Frankly speaking, I just do not react at all. Rather, I have stopped reacting to such news. It's all about creating a headline, I have understood that. As far as people around me and those who matter to me a lot know the real Harman, I need not clarify the things with anyone.

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Priyanka Chopra to turn Superman's super-girl?

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, May 28: Looks like Priyanaka Chopra's career is going great guns as Hollywood comes calling. The sultry beauty is the latest Indian sensation after Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to have caught foreign attention as she prepares to romance none other than Superman.

And no we aren't joking. Priyanka Chopra is likely to play Superman's love interest in the flick's upcoming sequel.

According to our sources, Priyanka has been offered the role of Superman's leading lady in the latest sequel and she has almost given her final nod though the official statement is yet to be released.

Speaking to Spicezee, a source said, "The filmmakers had been looking for an Indian face for quite long as the role is of an Indian scientist. When they came to know of Priyanka shooting in the US for Dostana, the director of Superman went to the shoot to judge her work."

Impressed by the sizzling beauty, Priyanka was offered the role. However, there is no official word out as yet.

So will we see Priyanka playing a scientist and romance the world's best known superhero? Now that's whats called beauty with brains.
ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Bollywood stars to scorch the ramp at IIFA
28th May 2008 14.20 IST
By ApunKaChoice

Top Bollywood stars would walk the ramp during the upcoming IIFA weekend in Bangkok.

It's again that time of the year when the Hindi film industry is ready to celebrate a year of good cinema for its international fans through the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend which will be held in the Thai capital this year.

type=text/javascript> src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ad s.js" type=text/javascript>

language=javascript src="http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=18489&m= 6&tp=8&d=j&t=n">

A part of the weekend will be a special fashion event at which several Bollywood celebrities would walk the ramp alongside Thai models to showcase the creations by Indian and Thai designers.

Priyanka Chopra and her beau Harman Baweja will walk the catwalk for designer Rohit Bal . It is likely that Priyanka will slip into her futuristic, red-haired look from the film Love Story 2050 on the ramp.

Kareena Kapoor would slip into dresses by her trusted designer Manish Malhotra , while Vidya Balan will don Sabyasachi Mukherjee 's elegant creation.

Clothes by Vikram Phadnis will be showcased by the cast of the upcoming comedy film De Taali – Ayesha Takia , Aftab Shivdasani and Ritesh Deshmukh .

The stars of Apoorva Lakhia's thriller Mission Istanbul – Vivek Oberoi , Zayed Khan and Shriya Saran – and the leading cast of Sanjay Gupta's film Acid Factory – Fardeen Khan , Dino Morea , Dia Mirza and Aftab Shivdasani – will unveil the first look of their respective films by walking the ramp.

The show will be hosted by Karan Johar and will also feature Thai brands like Mufti and Alta Moda.
ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Love Story 2008
Author: Sonal Chawla Date: 28 May 2008
Real-life lovers Harman and Priyanka make their first public appearance today

Our time has come: Priyanka Chopra and Harman Baweja
It's finally happening. Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra will make their first public appearance together today at the music release of Love Story 2050. All eyes will be on the real-life lovers.

I'm ready now

Harman had skipped the premiere of the film's promo because he was worried that the media would focus more on him and his ladylove more than what was on screen. However, this time, Harman is ready to face the flashbulbs and the TV cameras along with his (leading) lady.

Harman doesn't seem worried about his and PC's presence over-shadowing the event, "The event is basically to unveil the music of the film and I don't think our presence together will overshadow the event.

The event is solely a music launch and for me to interact with media and I don't think my appearance with Priyanka should or will overshadow it."

Jodi jam

Real life lovers Saif-Kareena were the most awaited pairing during Tashan, and now   Harman-Priyanka are in the same space. In an industry that's always looking for successful jodis, all eyes are now on Baweja and Chopra. Understandably, Harman doesn't want to raise expectations of their pairing, " It's essential to have fine chemistry with your actress to carry out your scenes realistically. Fortunately, we have great chemistry."

When asked if it's difficult or easier to face the camera with someone you're linked with, the newcomer laughs, "When I am facing the camera, I am thinking about my scenes, other thoughts don't really bother me. Everything else becomes inconsequential."

Harman's Fav Premkahaanis

Fav on-screen love story: Maine Pyaar Kiya.
Fav off-screen love story: Has to be my parents. I've seen their love story in front of me and it's a really beautiful journey. Been through it all, and still nice and strong!

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Hrithik_rocks

@ dolly...- hey its hrithika agian!!
see i made this fc too

Our time has come: Priyanka Chopra and Harman Baweja
i heard u make sigs and plz make it too this pic..they luk really cute

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra is going to be seen a lot in 2008. Apart from the very futuristic Love Story 2050 - which is also the launch pad for her "good friend" Harman Baweja - she's got more than half a dozen films lined up ahead.

Rohit Khilnani: What's keeping you busy? There was a time when we saw you doing films back-to-back, with Hrithik and Shah Rukh. Now did you take a break or were you shooting back to back again?

Priyanka Chopra: I was shooting back to back. I was finishing two mega, mammoth films. Love Story 2050 and Drona which are going to be released now.

Rohit Khilnani: Your next releases Love Story 2050 - a completely different film, something we have not seen yet. Tell us something about it.

Priyanka Chopra: Love Story 2050 is definitely a different film. Though everyone goes around saying that, but this film is really different. It's a first of a kind. You will watch an Indian sci-fi film for the first time. The effects are world-class.

Rohit Khilnani: There are also many other films lined up. There's Dostana, Chamku, God Tussi Great Ho, Drona. Tell us a bit about some.

Priyanka Chopra: After Love Story 2050, I think the next release would be Chamku - it's a Vijeyata Films' home production - with Bobby Deol in it. It's a sweet film from my point of view. Then will be Drona which is again a different film - a fantasy film based in today's time. After Drona would be Fashion. Which is, wow, a scary film!

Rohit Khilnani: You are from the industry. Tell us how real is Fashion.

Priyanka Chopra: Fashion is the story of this model - her rise, her fall, her victory, her failures.

Rohit Khilnani: Lot of actors are blogging. Do you guys actually get the time to blog or to log onto websites to check blogs?

Priyanka Chopra: I do get on to the Internet but it's mostly for work. I've never really checked out anybody's blog nor have I ever blogged. But am sure it'd be an interesting thing to share your life with people who love you.

ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Priyanka Chopra never thought that she would get so attached to Love Story 2050's robot teddy Boo that she would miss him dearly after the completion of the film.

Priyanka's companion in the film is the two-feet-tall Boo, which interacts with her and also cuts vegetables and does some shopping for Priyanka.

After completing the film, Piggy Chops (as she is fondly known) has grown so attached to the robot that she wants to keep it with her forever.

Producer-director Harry Baweja explains, "I wanted to incorporate a character in the film which will take away Priyanka's loneliness and what better than a teddy bear, which can walk, talk and emote.

Considering the fact that the film is based in the year 2050, I wanted a futuristic robot which can interact with Priyanka as well as run errands for her. Priyanka was more than thrilled to have Boo for company."

When contacted Priyanka Chopra says, "I have spent such a lot of time with him during shooting that Boo has almost become my real friend. Boo is adorable.

It can talk, walk and cut fruits for me in the film. I want to take Boo home but Harryji needs him till the release of the film. Once that's done, I am sure he will give it to me. I had a whale of a time shooting with Boo."

We check with Harry Baweja whether he intends to give away Boo to Priyanka. "Yes why not?" he says. "To be frank, everyone on the sets was very fond of Boo.

The robot is charming and you will fall in love with him the moment you look at it. However, Boo will surely be with us till the release of the film as we want to play safe, in case any last minute glitches related to his character crop up," adds Harry.
ukpeepz Goldie
ukpeepz
ukpeepz

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged

It's weird at first, with the green screen. You have to act like you're staring at a skyline, or pretend that you're flying, but you're not, obviously. So it was hard to conceptualise, but once I saw the shots, in their final form, I was blown away. That's when it all comes together and looks really good. The technology in Love Story 2050 is truly amazing.

Is it a never-before-been-done-in-India- type of film?

Oh, it's definitely never been done before in India. When people see the quality of production, the visual effects and all, they're going to be stunned. It's really exciting to be part of such an advanced film-making process.

How do you think it will be received by critics? And at the box office?

I honestly do not know what the critics will say. It's impossible to know. Sometimes, they give movies bad ratings, and they go on to be huge hits. Other times, they say a movie is great, but no crowd turn out to see it. It's really just one person's opinion.

For me, to see if a film is a success, I look at the box office results. Yes, people wrote certain things about Krrish, but it ended up being a huge blockbuster, one that I'm very proud of. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

As for Love Story 2050, I think it will be a huge hit at the box office. It's just so cool. See, I always ask myself: 'Is this the type of movie I would watch?' With [Love Story 2050], it's not even a question. This is the type of movie I love!

Do you like science-fiction movies?

Well, though it's in the future, it's not really a sci-fi movie. It's a romantic film, at heart, a love story. And that's what I enjoy, a good romantic movie.

'Mumbai is crazy in 2050!'

So what's a futuristic Mumbai like? Is the movie realistic in its depiction of the future?

Mumbai is crazy in 2050! There are flying cars, robots and so much more, but I don't want to reveal too much.

I think it's impossible to predict the future; so I wouldn't say it's completely 'realistic'. How can we know? Look at Back To The Future. In that film, they had flying cars by the year 2010, but no mobiles. It's practically 2010 today, and I don't see any flying cars, yet everyone's talking on cell phones.

So, in that sense, it's a fantasy. It's a fun look at what the future could be like.

How was it working with the father-son Bawejas? Did it cause problems, their proximity to each other, or did they have chemistry?

At first, I was wary that I would be an outsider, because the two of them have such a great connection. But they both made me feel so comfortable, and a part of the creative process. To see them work together was just mind-blowing. They have this mental connection, this bond; it allows them to understand each other without even speaking. Harry wouldn't even say anything, just motion with his hand, and Harman would know exactly what to do. They have great timing together.

How was Harman in his debut? How would you rate his performance?

First of all, Harman's a natural actor and a great dancer. Not only that, he comes from a film background, so he knows the filmmaking process well. He's been on-set, helping his father, long before I won Miss India. So he has the experience, it's not a traditional debut, where one doesn't know anything about the industry.

His knowledge gives him an advantage, because he's on the same page as everyone involved. He really understands the production and technical aspects -- sound engineering, camera work, etc -- all these I've only heard about. Also, he just had great chemistry with the other actors.

'Harman and I have been close friends for some time'

What about with you? Much has been speculated about your close friendship with Harman. Was it strange to work with him?

Harman was one of the first people I met in this industry, almost five years ago. So we've been close friends for some time. It was great to be his first [co-star], just as someone was mine. It wasn't hard to work together; we had a great time. But now, we're just nervous. It's almost like the Judgement Day, as release day approaches. We've put in a lot of emotion and energy; nobody thought we'd be able to pull off a film with such a big budget, that was so ambitious. So now, we're just waiting!

But the media hasn't hesitated to link you two. How does that make you feel, that people take liberties when writing about your personal life?

It's an occupational hazard. When you reach a highly visible, public status, there are some things you must sacrifice. One of those things is part of your privacy. It can bother you, or embarrass you, but you have to learn to live with it.

I love this life and I'm thankful for every one of my fans. So it's a small price to pay.

Have you changed your tone with the media? Are you more reserved now? Were you a little naive when you first started?

I've definitely become more careful now with the media. It's their job, to report what you say and do. I do think I was a little naive when I got here. I'm from a small city, my family is very middle class. My family and I used to watch a film every now and then, some of these families make films every now and then! But I enjoy interacting with my fans and the media. I've just learned to be a little reserved. For example, I do not discuss my personal life. Ever.

You're a self-admitted small-town girl. How have you adjusted to the lifestyle? To the big city, in Mumbai? Are you a party-girl? Or do you stay at home?

I'm from a small-town, yes, but my father's career required us to move around all the time. And I was in Boston, United States. So I'm comfortable with packing up my bags and moving. Actually, I've lived [in Mumbai] longer than any other one place, because I shifted so frequently when I was young.

I love my home! It's my favourite! I'm definitely not a party-girl. While I do go for a lot of social do's, I'm not a huge fan of them. I'd rather curl up in my bed with a good movie or a good book. That's how I relax.

When I do go out, it's with my close friends. It's those times I can really let my hair out. Also, when I'm out of the country, I have more of a chance to go out without being noticed. When we were in Miami [filming Karan Johar's Dostana], I had a great time.

You really seem to be enjoying yourself, but you weren't always on the road to Bollywood. How did this get started? Did you ever imagine anything like this would happen when you were young?

It all started when my mom sent in these photos of me for Miss India. They were just random photos, I can't believe I got selected! One of them was from my application to a school in Australia, where I'm wearing a suit and trying to look studious and professional (laughs). I didn't even know she'd done it until they called back and invited me to the contest! Then, with Miss India, when I won, that's when this whole world just opened up to me. Of course, when you win [Miss Indian and Miss World], you'll get lots of offers initially, but you have to show that you merit the attention, you have to prove yourself. Else everyone will quickly move on to the next big thing.

I wasn't sure if I would like films, but it's become my entire life. I love what I do, I would not want to do anything else. I love the whole process. Just the joy of making films is enough for me. I honestly believe that someone up there (turns eyes to ceiling), helped me find my vocation. I'm destiny's child.

Go to top