Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ukpeepz thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra is going to be seen a lot in 2008. Apart from the very futuristic Love Story 2050 - which is also the launch pad for her "good friend" Harman Baweja - she's got more than half a dozen films lined up ahead.

Rohit Khilnani: What's keeping you busy? There was a time when we saw you doing films back-to-back, with Hrithik and Shah Rukh. Now did you take a break or were you shooting back to back again?

Priyanka Chopra: I was shooting back to back. I was finishing two mega, mammoth films. Love Story 2050 and Drona which are going to be released now.

Rohit Khilnani: Your next releases Love Story 2050 - a completely different film, something we have not seen yet. Tell us something about it.

Priyanka Chopra: Love Story 2050 is definitely a different film. Though everyone goes around saying that, but this film is really different. It's a first of a kind. You will watch an Indian sci-fi film for the first time. The effects are world-class.

Rohit Khilnani: There are also many other films lined up. There's Dostana, Chamku, God Tussi Great Ho, Drona. Tell us a bit about some.

Priyanka Chopra: After Love Story 2050, I think the next release would be Chamku - it's a Vijeyata Films' home production - with Bobby Deol in it. It's a sweet film from my point of view. Then will be Drona which is again a different film - a fantasy film based in today's time. After Drona would be Fashion. Which is, wow, a scary film!

Rohit Khilnani: You are from the industry. Tell us how real is Fashion.

Priyanka Chopra: Fashion is the story of this model - her rise, her fall, her victory, her failures.

Rohit Khilnani: Lot of actors are blogging. Do you guys actually get the time to blog or to log onto websites to check blogs?

Priyanka Chopra: I do get on to the Internet but it's mostly for work. I've never really checked out anybody's blog nor have I ever blogged. But am sure it'd be an interesting thing to share your life with people who love you.

ukpeepz thumbnail
Priyanka Chopra never thought that she would get so attached to Love Story 2050's robot teddy Boo that she would miss him dearly after the completion of the film.

Priyanka's companion in the film is the two-feet-tall Boo, which interacts with her and also cuts vegetables and does some shopping for Priyanka.

After completing the film, Piggy Chops (as she is fondly known) has grown so attached to the robot that she wants to keep it with her forever.

Producer-director Harry Baweja explains, "I wanted to incorporate a character in the film which will take away Priyanka's loneliness and what better than a teddy bear, which can walk, talk and emote.

Considering the fact that the film is based in the year 2050, I wanted a futuristic robot which can interact with Priyanka as well as run errands for her. Priyanka was more than thrilled to have Boo for company."

When contacted Priyanka Chopra says, "I have spent such a lot of time with him during shooting that Boo has almost become my real friend. Boo is adorable.

It can talk, walk and cut fruits for me in the film. I want to take Boo home but Harryji needs him till the release of the film. Once that's done, I am sure he will give it to me. I had a whale of a time shooting with Boo."

We check with Harry Baweja whether he intends to give away Boo to Priyanka. "Yes why not?" he says. "To be frank, everyone on the sets was very fond of Boo.

The robot is charming and you will fall in love with him the moment you look at it. However, Boo will surely be with us till the release of the film as we want to play safe, in case any last minute glitches related to his character crop up," adds Harry.
ukpeepz thumbnail

It's weird at first, with the green screen. You have to act like you're staring at a skyline, or pretend that you're flying, but you're not, obviously. So it was hard to conceptualise, but once I saw the shots, in their final form, I was blown away. That's when it all comes together and looks really good. The technology in Love Story 2050 is truly amazing.

Is it a never-before-been-done-in-India- type of film?

Oh, it's definitely never been done before in India. When people see the quality of production, the visual effects and all, they're going to be stunned. It's really exciting to be part of such an advanced film-making process.

How do you think it will be received by critics? And at the box office?

I honestly do not know what the critics will say. It's impossible to know. Sometimes, they give movies bad ratings, and they go on to be huge hits. Other times, they say a movie is great, but no crowd turn out to see it. It's really just one person's opinion.

For me, to see if a film is a success, I look at the box office results. Yes, people wrote certain things about Krrish, but it ended up being a huge blockbuster, one that I'm very proud of. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

As for Love Story 2050, I think it will be a huge hit at the box office. It's just so cool. See, I always ask myself: 'Is this the type of movie I would watch?' With [Love Story 2050], it's not even a question. This is the type of movie I love!

Do you like science-fiction movies?

Well, though it's in the future, it's not really a sci-fi movie. It's a romantic film, at heart, a love story. And that's what I enjoy, a good romantic movie.

'Mumbai is crazy in 2050!'

So what's a futuristic Mumbai like? Is the movie realistic in its depiction of the future?

Mumbai is crazy in 2050! There are flying cars, robots and so much more, but I don't want to reveal too much.

I think it's impossible to predict the future; so I wouldn't say it's completely 'realistic'. How can we know? Look at Back To The Future. In that film, they had flying cars by the year 2010, but no mobiles. It's practically 2010 today, and I don't see any flying cars, yet everyone's talking on cell phones.

So, in that sense, it's a fantasy. It's a fun look at what the future could be like.

How was it working with the father-son Bawejas? Did it cause problems, their proximity to each other, or did they have chemistry?

At first, I was wary that I would be an outsider, because the two of them have such a great connection. But they both made me feel so comfortable, and a part of the creative process. To see them work together was just mind-blowing. They have this mental connection, this bond; it allows them to understand each other without even speaking. Harry wouldn't even say anything, just motion with his hand, and Harman would know exactly what to do. They have great timing together.

How was Harman in his debut? How would you rate his performance?

First of all, Harman's a natural actor and a great dancer. Not only that, he comes from a film background, so he knows the filmmaking process well. He's been on-set, helping his father, long before I won Miss India. So he has the experience, it's not a traditional debut, where one doesn't know anything about the industry.

His knowledge gives him an advantage, because he's on the same page as everyone involved. He really understands the production and technical aspects -- sound engineering, camera work, etc -- all these I've only heard about. Also, he just had great chemistry with the other actors.

'Harman and I have been close friends for some time'

What about with you? Much has been speculated about your close friendship with Harman. Was it strange to work with him?

Harman was one of the first people I met in this industry, almost five years ago. So we've been close friends for some time. It was great to be his first [co-star], just as someone was mine. It wasn't hard to work together; we had a great time. But now, we're just nervous. It's almost like the Judgement Day, as release day approaches. We've put in a lot of emotion and energy; nobody thought we'd be able to pull off a film with such a big budget, that was so ambitious. So now, we're just waiting!

But the media hasn't hesitated to link you two. How does that make you feel, that people take liberties when writing about your personal life?

It's an occupational hazard. When you reach a highly visible, public status, there are some things you must sacrifice. One of those things is part of your privacy. It can bother you, or embarrass you, but you have to learn to live with it.

I love this life and I'm thankful for every one of my fans. So it's a small price to pay.

Have you changed your tone with the media? Are you more reserved now? Were you a little naive when you first started?

I've definitely become more careful now with the media. It's their job, to report what you say and do. I do think I was a little naive when I got here. I'm from a small city, my family is very middle class. My family and I used to watch a film every now and then, some of these families make films every now and then! But I enjoy interacting with my fans and the media. I've just learned to be a little reserved. For example, I do not discuss my personal life. Ever.

You're a self-admitted small-town girl. How have you adjusted to the lifestyle? To the big city, in Mumbai? Are you a party-girl? Or do you stay at home?

I'm from a small-town, yes, but my father's career required us to move around all the time. And I was in Boston, United States. So I'm comfortable with packing up my bags and moving. Actually, I've lived [in Mumbai] longer than any other one place, because I shifted so frequently when I was young.

I love my home! It's my favourite! I'm definitely not a party-girl. While I do go for a lot of social do's, I'm not a huge fan of them. I'd rather curl up in my bed with a good movie or a good book. That's how I relax.

When I do go out, it's with my close friends. It's those times I can really let my hair out. Also, when I'm out of the country, I have more of a chance to go out without being noticed. When we were in Miami [filming Karan Johar's Dostana], I had a great time.

You really seem to be enjoying yourself, but you weren't always on the road to Bollywood. How did this get started? Did you ever imagine anything like this would happen when you were young?

It all started when my mom sent in these photos of me for Miss India. They were just random photos, I can't believe I got selected! One of them was from my application to a school in Australia, where I'm wearing a suit and trying to look studious and professional (laughs). I didn't even know she'd done it until they called back and invited me to the contest! Then, with Miss India, when I won, that's when this whole world just opened up to me. Of course, when you win [Miss Indian and Miss World], you'll get lots of offers initially, but you have to show that you merit the attention, you have to prove yourself. Else everyone will quickly move on to the next big thing.

I wasn't sure if I would like films, but it's become my entire life. I love what I do, I would not want to do anything else. I love the whole process. Just the joy of making films is enough for me. I honestly believe that someone up there (turns eyes to ceiling), helped me find my vocation. I'm destiny's child.
ukpeepz thumbnail
i thought i'lll just post todays articles....

*Shazia*
ukpeepz thumbnail

Originally posted by: ukpeepz

*Shazia*

Priyanka Chopra is back. And how.

Sure, with box-office hits Krrish and Don already under her size-23 belt, the former Miss World stayed out of the limelight in 2007, notching a major role only in Big Brother. But peruse the 2008 release list, see it littered with her name, and you realise the time wasn't spent idly. The Uttar Pradesh-native has been in Miami, Mumbai and more, shooting for a full slate of films: Love Story 2050, Chamku, God Tussi Great Ho, Drona and Dostana. This weekend, Priyanka dazzled on-set in Lower Parel, Mumbai, while shooting for Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion. And though the film's star list is rather heady -- Kangana Rangaut, Neil Mukesh and Mugdhe Godse -- Priyanka's clearly the main attraction, with journalists and cameramen perpetually buzzing around her trailer, hoping to steal a glimpse. The rumours that she's shed a few kilos for the role appear to have merit, as Priyanka, wearing high-heels and a hip-hugging ivy-coloured cocktail dress, sports a figure that'd turn Milan's top supermodels green with envy. In between shots, other interviews, and make-up, Priyanka chatted up Matthew Schneeberger, sharing her thoughts on Love Story 2050, her friendship with co-star Harman Baweja and what the future has in store for her. In Love Story 2050, do you feel you've finally been given the opportunity to show your full talent? Did playing two roles -- not to mention the added time-jump element -- make you schizophrenic? (Laughs) I haven't been asked that one yet. No, it didn't make me crazy! I've known about the film from the start, and I think that I also really understand both characters. So, while it was a challenge, it was always fun. I never felt overwhelmed or confused. It wasn't difficult to switch from one character to the other. In fact, the hardest thing was dyeing my hair red, it was really rough on it! [After shooting] I had to cut off a few inches, because my hair was so fried.

As for showing talent, every role presents unique opportunities. This one was particularly rewarding.

'I think Love Story 2050 will be a huge hit'

Much has been made of the movie's big budget and use of technology, the green screen and computer renderings. What's it like to work in a film that incorporates so much technology?

It's weird at first, with the green screen. You have to act like you're staring at a skyline, or pretend that you're flying, but you're not, obviously. So it was hard to conceptualise, but once I saw the shots, in their final form, I was blown away. That's when it all comes together and looks really good. The technology in Love Story 2050 is truly amazing. Is it a never-before-been-done-in-India- type of film? Oh, it's definitely never been done before in India. When people see the quality of production, the visual effects and all, they're going to be stunned. It's really exciting to be part of such an advanced film-making process. How do you think it will be received by critics? And at the box office? I honestly do not know what the critics will say. It's impossible to know. Sometimes, they give movies bad ratings, and they go on to be huge hits. Other times, they say a movie is great, but no crowd turn out to see it. It's really just one person's opinion. For me, to see if a film is a success, I look at the box office results. Yes, people wrote certain things about Krrish, but it ended up being a huge blockbuster, one that I'm very proud of. At the end of the day, that's what matters. As for Love Story 2050, I think it will be a huge hit at the box office. It's just so cool. See, I always ask myself: 'Is this the type of movie I would watch?' With [Love Story 2050], it's not even a question. This is the type of movie I love! Do you like science-fiction movies?

Well, though it's in the future, it's not really a sci-fi movie. It's a romantic film, at heart, a love story. And that's what I enjoy, a good romantic movie.

|  

Back | Next

'Mumbai is crazy in 2050!

So what's a futuristic Mumbai like? Is the movie realistic in its depiction of the future?

Mumbai is crazy in 2050! There are flying cars, robots and so much more, but I don't want to reveal too much. I think it's impossible to predict the future; so I wouldn't say it's completely 'realistic'. How can we know? Look at Back To The Future. In that film, they had flying cars by the year 2010, but no mobiles. It's practically 2010 today, and I don't see any flying cars, yet everyone's talking on cell phones. So, in that sense, it's a fantasy. It's a fun look at what the future could be like. How was it working with the father-son Bawejas? Did it cause problems, their proximity to each other, or did they have chemistry? At first, I was wary that I would be an outsider, because the two of them have such a great connection. But they both made me feel so comfortable, and a part of the creative process. To see them work together was just mind-blowing. They have this mental connection, this bond; it allows them to understand each other without even speaking. Harry wouldn't even say anything, just motion with his hand, and Harman would know exactly what to do. They have great timing together. How was Harman in his debut? How would you rate his performance?

First of all, Harman's a natural actor and a great dancer. Not only that, he comes from a film background, so he knows the filmmaking process well. He's been on-set, helping his father, long before I won Miss India. So he has the experience, it's not a traditional debut, where one doesn't know anything about the industry. His knowledge gives him an advantage, because he's on the same page as everyone involved. He really understands the production and technical aspects -- sound engineering, camera work, etc -- all these I've only heard about. Also, he just had great chemistry with the other actors.

|  

Back | Next

'Harman and I have been close friends for some time'

What about with you? Much has been speculated about your close friendship with Harman. Was it strange to work with him?
Harman was one of the first people I met in this industry, almost five years ago. So we've been close friends for some time. It was great to be his first [co-star], just as someone was mine. It wasn't hard to work together; we had a great time. But now, we're just nervous. It's almost like the Judgement Day, as release day approaches. We've put in a lot of emotion and energy; nobody thought we'd be able to pull off a film with such a big budget, that was so ambitious. So now, we're just waiting! But the media hasn't hesitated to link you two. How does that make you feel, that people take liberties when writing about your personal life? It's an occupational hazard. When you reach a highly visible, public status, there are some things you must sacrifice. One of those things is part of your privacy. It can bother you, or embarrass you, but you have to learn to live with it. I love this life and I'm thankful for every one of my fans. So it's a small price to pay. Have you changed your tone with the media? Are you more reserved now? Were you a little naive when you first started? I've definitely become more careful now with the media. It's their job, to report what you say and do. I do think I was a little naive when I got here. I'm from a small city, my family is very middle class. My family and I used to watch a film every now and then, some of these families make films every now and then! But I enjoy interacting with my fans and the media. I've just learned to be a little reserved. For example, I do not discuss my personal life. Ever. You're a self-admitted small-town girl. How have you adjusted to the lifestyle? To the big city, in Mumbai? Are you a party-girl? Or do you stay at home? I'm from a small-town, yes, but my father's career required us to move around all the time. And I was in Boston, United States. So I'm comfortable with packing up my bags and moving. Actually, I've lived [in Mumbai] longer than any other one place, because I shifted so frequently when I was young. I love my home! It's my favourite! I'm definitely not a party-girl. While I do go for a lot of social do's, I'm not a huge fan of them. I'd rather curl up in my bed with a good movie or a good book. That's how I relax. When I do go out, it's with my close friends. It's those times I can really let my hair out. Also, when I'm out of the country, I have more of a chance to go out without being noticed. When we were in Miami [filming Karan Johar's Dostana], I had a great time. You really seem to be enjoying yourself, but you weren't always on the road to Bollywood. How did this get started? Did you ever imagine anything like this would happen when you were young? It all started when my mom sent in these photos of me for Miss India. They were just random photos, I can't believe I got selected! One of them was from my application to a school in Australia, where I'm wearing a suit and trying to look studious and professional (laughs). I didn't even know she'd done it until they called back and invited me to the contest! Then, with Miss India, when I won, that's when this whole world just opened up to me. Of course, when you win [Miss Indian and Miss World], you'll get lots of offers initially, but you have to show that you merit the attention, you have to prove yourself. Else everyone will quickly move on to the next big thing.

I wasn't sure if I would like films, but it's become my entire life. I love what I do, I would not want to do anything else. I love the whole process. Just the joy of making films is enough for me. I honestly believe that someone up there (turns eyes to ceiling), helped me find my vocation. I'm destiny's child.

|  

Back | More

x-ZZZ-x thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shaz81

Guys this is my First attempt at a serious sig and this took me ages PlEASE tell me what you think and let me know and PLEASE PLEASE no requests this is totally new to me and i'm still learning.

Sharan XXX

๐Ÿ˜ฒits ur 1st attempt....really...WOOOOW! it looks great!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Originally posted by: shaz81

OMG thanks dear !!!!!

Will try and download later i have to go now !!!

Sharan XXX

klkl - no probz!๐Ÿ˜ณ

x-ZZZ-x thumbnail

yeh i have listen to the songs...they r all gr8..lover boy one is ok not that bad....

thnxx

np๐Ÿ˜ณ

yeh lover boy is ok(its growing on me๐Ÿ˜‰) - but i prefer all the other songs better๐Ÿ˜ณ.....

hope to see more music videos soon๐Ÿ˜ณ

omg! awwwwww....thats such a cute pic.....๐Ÿ˜ณ

thnx alot for sharing!๐Ÿ˜Š

*Shazia*

๐Ÿ˜ฒOMG! shazia - WOW ur AWSOME!๐Ÿ‘

thnx for ALLLLL the articles (i lost count๐Ÿ˜ณ) - not read them all yet...will do that in afew mins!๐Ÿ˜ณ

thnx again!๐Ÿ˜Š

x-ZZZ-x thumbnail

Originally posted by: dolly katke

i also want 2 join ,hrithika, by 2mrw i hope i will see my name in d members list!

welcome to the fc๐Ÿ˜ณ

x-ZZZ-x thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hrithik_rocks

@shazia- i saw ur siggy....i also make blingee siggies!! if u need help....make sure u ask me!!

@ukpeepz- wow!! thanks for all that music stuff....awesome....

@zarqa- thanks for all the wonderfull links!!

u guys (and me) are the heart of this FC!
EVERYONE ELSE....BE MORE ACTIVE as u are the lungs, kidneys, brain of this fc!! hehehe lolzzz๐Ÿ˜†

no probz๐Ÿ˜ณ

and awwww thats soo sweet!๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜†- but yeh will be more active in aweeks time...after my exams are finished!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Originally posted by: Hrithik_rocks

here is a siggy i made to go on the first page....tell me if u like it....

oooooo WOW! - its great Hrithika๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

x-ZZZ-x thumbnail

Originally posted by: *-sana-*

thanx alot for posting the songs zarqa! ๐Ÿ˜› im listening to milo na milo right now ๐Ÿ˜† has everyone seen the clip? when i first saw harmen i thought it was hritik..he dances alot like him doesnt he?

no probz sana๐Ÿ˜ณ

yeh...omg the video to milo na milo is jst................๐Ÿ˜ 

๐Ÿ˜†lol...i thght it was hrithik awsell at first๐Ÿ˜ณ