'Hussain's good, but he's not Aman Verma'

natasshafan IF-Rockerz
natasshafan
natasshafan

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged

'Hussain is good, but he's not Aman Verma'
20 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,NIKHILA PANT ,TNN

Aman Verma (TOI Photo) More pics

I am probably very good at what I do and that's the reason why I keep getting amazing work even after a number of controversies," quips Aman Verma, when asked if the sting operations have stung his career.

Isn't that a bit conceited? "Not at all," pat comes the reply. "Make me a tree and I will still stand out on screen. I know I am good at my work and hence, I can say that. I was a nobody when I entered this industry but look at where I am now. I've managed to gain a foothold in this industry without any godfather," he says.

Currently playing the role of an ambitious businessman and a nagging husband, Veeresh, in Sujata, he is perfectly at ease with playing negative characters. He avers, "I have played negative characters in a number of shows and every single performance has been applauded. Everyone does positive characters but portraying a character that is far removed from one's real self is a challenge. And as an actor, I like to take on challenges."

Does that mean he does not relate to the characters that he plays? "We are actors and are expected to play out characters, even if we are not like them. If I am asked to shoot a romantic scene with a goat, I would do it, simply because I am an actor. There would be absolutely no fun in playing myself on television. But when I am anchoring a show, then I have to be myself, because we don't follow a script. There are constant improvisations that happen live and for that, my style is what counts," he clarifies. Acting or anchoring – what would he prefer? "This is a tough one. I can't take a pick. I have tried my hand at both and both have been equally satisfying."

And while on the subject of anchoring, what does it feel like when he sees Hussain anchoring the show his face was synonymous with once? "Hussain is a very gifted actor and anchor and he handled Indian Idol pretty well. But then, he is not Aman Verma."

Please close if posted before!Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyballsp87Raima36neela226preethi

sumonetolub IF-Rockerz
sumonetolub
sumonetolub

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
thank god hes no aman verma becuz aman is annoying....i didnt like indian idol becuz it didnt really have that great of singers yet i watched it only for husein......he has that power to draw the audiences towards him......thanx for sharing.......naina
aewa Senior Member
aewa
aewa

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Wow, what an arrogant person. Hussain is an awesome anchor. He's way more famous than Aman whatshisface?
SuKk_forever IF-Dazzler
SuKk_forever
SuKk_forever

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
LOL yeah really...thank God that Hussain is not Aman...Hussain is too good, whether ppl liked singing and dancing or not, they def watched it coz Hussain was anchoring Wink
Diya_jennifer Senior Member
Diya_jennifer
Diya_jennifer

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
oh my god he is so self fish. thank god our hussein is not like stupid Angry Angry Angry aman. i dont know why i hate that aman sooooooo much Angry Angry Angry . he is getting in my nuvrss. Angry Angry . India Idol is famus because of hussein Clap Clap Clap.
buchuni Goldie
buchuni
buchuni

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
thank god hussain is not aman LOL
surakshita IF-Sizzlerz
surakshita
surakshita

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article. all the best to Aman

for me HuJu are my mostest awesome anchors on tellyworld

Edited by surakshita - 21 May 2008 at 3:02am