Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shame On you Preity

gossipgurls IF-Rockerz
gossipgurls
gossipgurls

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

Blacked out: All's not fair for IPL cheerleaders

SKIN DEEP Preity Zinta-hired event management firm Wizcraft denies racism allegation.

SKIN DEEP? Preity Zinta-hired event management firm Wizcraft denies racism allegation.

New Delhi: First it was the skimpy outfits of cheerleaders, then the Bhajji-Sreesanth slap row and then the Ganguly-Warne spat — it seems as if controversies and the Indian Premier League go hand in hand.

It has not even been a few weeks since the slap row died down, that the cheerleaders have raised another stink in the already clash-ridden league. This time, it is over their skin tone.

Two cheerleaders from London were allegedly asked to leave the Mohali ground by event management company, Wizcraft, because they had a darker skin colour.

However, Wizcraft denies the charge. The CEO of Wizcraft, Sabbas Joseph has told CNN-IBN that the girls were contracted for just one day of work.

One of the cheerleaders, Ellesha Newton, allegedly told The Telegraph: "It was okay when we reached the stadium. It was when we were going to take our positions that some of Wizcraft's employees asked us to leave. We were surprised and asked them why and they told us it was because of the colour of our skin."

The Telegraph quoted the director of Fierce Performance Production, Jorge Aldana as saying that the incident took place before the Kings XI's first match at Mohali on April 19 against the Chennai Super Kings.

Fierce Performance Production is the company that had brought the girls from London.

Aldana was quoted by The Telegraph as saying: "I found Ellesha and Sherinne Anderson — whom I had recruited as part of a team of 12 — in tears when I reached the ground."

"Sherinne and Ellesha were in a state of shock and crying outside the ground. I called them and asked them what was the matter and they told me that a guy from Wizcraft had forbidden them from entering the ground," Aldana was further quoted by The Telegraph as saying.

Talk Abouth Racism and India... Its a real Shame!!

mariasrk IF-Sizzlerz
mariasrk
mariasrk

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Thanxs for sharing Embarrassed Ouch
amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
It can be true or not... because I dun think if the people are throwing the girls out cuz of their skin tone, they would actually say it. They'd come up with some other lame excuses most probably but never say it. But who knows, dark skin tone is a serious issue in our societies.
AmritaRao-Nina IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
ImPerfection Goldie

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
1212 Senior Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by amy22

It can be true or not... because I dun think if the people are throwing the girls out cuz of their skin tone, they would actually say it. They'd come up with some other lame excuses most probably but never say it. But who knows, dark skin tone is a serious issue in our societies.

i knw its sucha petty thought!!!

but m not sure if dis is true

but da title is misleading ...Preity didn't do anything ...she cn't b held liable for tha company's action

Edited by Anisa - 20 May 2008 at 12:48pm
missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
doesn't indian people have Black skin then why this? Confused
gossipgurls IF-Rockerz
gossipgurls
gossipgurls

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Ektas_Angel

This is pathetic but whats this got to do with priety

I you not following IPLOuch she owns the team.. I guess when you own a team you make the Decisions or be a part of it...

Go to top