Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Who is RealIy In Jail In India??? (Page 8)

bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

Women's panel to meet Nupur Talwar

New Delhi, May 28, 2008

First Published: 20:09 IST(28/5/2008)

A three-member delegation of the National Commission of Women (NCW) will meet Nupur Talwar, mother of teenaged Aarushi who was murdered in Noida this month, on Thursday to get her version of the crime for which her dentist husband has been arrested.

"We are meeting her tomorrow at her residence. We would take a statement from her about her version of the murder of her daughter and that of the family servant (Hemraj)," NCW member Nirmala Venkatesh told IANS on Wednesday.

She said the team would also investigate how police indulged in "character assassination" of 14-year-old Aarushi.

A class 9 student of Delhi Public School (Noida), Aarushi was found dead on May 16 with her throat slit and multiple stab injuries on her face, chest and neck. Their domestic help, 45-year-old Hemraj, who the police initially named as the killer, was found dead on the terrace of the house the next day.

Aarushi's father Rajesh Talwar was arrested on May 23.

Women's organisations have taken objection to a police official's remarks at a press briefing that the father had killed her after she objected to his extra-martial ties while she too was "as characterless" as him and was found in an "objectionable position" with Hemraj.

Venkatesh said they would also see whether investigations were going in the right directions.

"So far we are not satisfied with the way the police have handled the murder case. What is condemnable is that they have tarnished the character of a young girl who is no more to protect her name," she said.

She said following the dentist mother's statement they will summon the police officials investigating the case.

Women and Child Development Minister Renuka Chowdhury Tuesday criticised Uttar Pradesh Police for "character assassination" of Aarushi, while a child rights panel sought explanation for their "objectionable" statements.

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Kuchh toh hua hai
Author: Shashank Shekhar Date: 29 May 2008

Had Dr Rajesh Talwar not been in a hurry to immerse the remains of Arushi, it would not have sent the alarm bells ringing. The Talwars' behaviour raised the suspicion that something was amiss in their story

Even as cops continue to hunt for a clinching piece of evidence to nail Rajesh Talwar, the arrested dad of murdered teen Arushi, investigators say the highly abnormal behaviour of the Talwars is at the core of the police case against the dentist.

The Talwars had been in a tearing hurry to immerse the remains of Arushi in Haridwar and chose to make the trip alone, instead of being accompanied by the male family members, as per the
tradition.

The 'abnormal behaviour' of  the Talwars which landed them in a soup

* They did not care to inform police immediately after they recovered the body of their 14-year-old daughter. They called up the police after one-and-a-half hours of recovery of the body. Moreover, their neighbours were not aware about the murder and didn't hear anyone crying or mourning.

* The post-mortem in Noida was done in a hurry upon the family's insistence. Generally, post-mortems are done after 2 pm. Arushi's case was taken up in the morning.

* Rajesh and Nupur Talwar took her remains to Haridwar the very next day but according to the rituals, the ashes are immersed only after three days of death.

* According to the ritual, women do not go to the place where the ashes are immersed but Nupur Talwar went along with Rajesh while no other family member assisted them.

When the body of Hemraj was recovered, Rajesh's brother Dinesh Talwar called him up and asked him to return and identify the body but he declined and said that he would only be able to return after a few days. Later, he switched off his cell phone, and did not take the calls of even senior police officers. He returned next day to identify the body, which was strange.

* They also put the blood-soaked mattress on which Arushi was killed on the terrace, possibly destroying crucial leads.

Edited by uknaik99 - 29 May 2008 at 12:08pm
bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

Kuchh toh hua hai

Had Dr Rajesh Talwar not been in a hurry to immerse the remains of Arushi, it would not have sent the alarm bells ringing. The Talwars' behaviour raised the suspicion that something was amiss in their story

Even as cops continue to hunt for a clinching piece of evidence to nail Rajesh Talwar, the arrested dad of murdered teen Arushi, investigators say the highly abnormal behaviour of the Talwars is at the core of the police case against the dentist.

The Talwars had been in a tearing hurry to immerse the remains of Arushi in Haridwar and chose to make the trip alone, instead of being accompanied by the male family members, as per the
tradition.

* They did not care to inform police immediately after they recovered the body of their 14-year-old daughter. They called up the police after one-and-a-half hours of recovery of the body. Moreover, their neighbours were not aware about the murder and didn't hear anyone crying or mourning.

Delay in calling the cops: This is very unclear since no timeline of events has been established by the cops to this day. At this stage anything the cops say is very questionable. If they were aware that they were informed about the crime an hour and a half after discovery, they should have asked the parents why the delay in reporting, right there and then. These and many other questions are surfacing as an after thought on the part of the cops and only prove their ineptness and incompetence to discharge their duties at a crime scene.

Not all people mourn by beating their chests and screaming at the top of their lungs to mourn. That only happens in the movies. Different people mourn differently. It is quite likely that the parents were in such a state of shock that they internalized their grief. Moreover the same neighbors who did not hear the "filmi style mourning" also did not hear any noise earlier that night while the murders were being committed in the still of the night, or the noise from the terrace door that squeaks loudly according to the cops.
* The post-mortem in Noida was done in a hurry upon the family's insistence. Generally, post-mortems are done after 2 pm. Arushi's case was taken up in the morning.

This is absurd. Did the Talwar's stand behind the Coroner and hold a gun to his head to force him to do the autopsy before 2 pm? If the Talwar's had stopped the police from conducting the autopsy then the cops would have had a leg to stand on.

* Rajesh and Nupur Talwar took her remains to Haridwar the very next day but according to the rituals, the ashes are immersed only after three days of death.

* According to the ritual, women do not go to the place where the ashes are immersed but Nupur Talwar went along with Rajesh while no other family member assisted them.

Nupur Talwar has stated that their elders had told them that children's ashes are exempt from the time period set for adults. I would have been totally clueless about the religious rituals were I in their shoes as well, and would have deferred to the elders.

I used to also think that according to the Hindu rituals women don't go to the crematorium. But not going to the place where the ashes are immersed is news to me.

It is surprising that when Teji Bachchan was being cremated in Bombay Aishwariaya and a lot of other females were sitting within a few feet of the funeral pyer and carrying on business as usual. Aishwariya and Abhishek were sitting on the floor near the pyre, and cozying up with each other. The other notable men and women were sitting on chairs in the background talking and smiling. [I am not inventing this. It was on live TV. Watching this I was enraged and had raised questions about this behavior on IF in the Bollywood section. There were many who thought I was being unreasonable and over critical]   http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=818691&T PN=1

A few days later the entire Bachchan family including Jaya and Aishwariya were shown on live TV standing behind Amitabh and Abhishek on the same boat as he immersed his mother's ashes.

So if the cops are trying to connect Nupur's trip to Haridwar as aiding and abetting then it is beyond my comprehension altogether. They did not go alone. There were a few family members that accompanied them. So are all those people also guilty of aiding and abetting?

* When the body of Hemraj was recovered, Rajesh's brother Dinesh Talwar called him up and asked him to return and identify the body but he declined and said that he would only be able to return after a few days. Later, he switched off his cell phone, and did not take the calls of even senior police officers. He returned next day to identify the body, which was strange.

I have no clues why this would become an issue at all. Whatever he said to his brother on the phone, the fact is he did return the next day. Were Hemraj daughter, and son-in-law incapable of identifying the body?

* They also put the blood-soaked mattress on which Arushi was killed on the terrace, possibly destroying crucial leads.

This was done by the Talwar driver with the approval of the cops at the crime scene. He has repeatedly stated that on television.  

=================

It appears that the Talwars have already been tried, and convicted in the court of public opinion. That is the only thing that the blundering, stupid, and incompetent cops have succeeded in doing in this whole case.  

Edited by bunbutt_too - 29 May 2008 at 2:31pm
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bunbutt_too

Kuchh toh hua hai

tradition.

Delay in calling the cops: This is very unclear since no timeline of events has been established by the cops to this day. At this stage anything the cops say is very questionable. If they were aware that they were informed about the crime an hour and a half after discovery, they should have asked the parents why the delay in reporting, right there and then. These and many other questions are surfacing as an after thought on the part of the cops and only prove their ineptness and incompetence to discharge their duties at a crime scene.

Not all people mourn by beating their chests and screaming at the top of their lungs to mourn. That only happens in the movies. Different people mourn differently. It is quite likely that the parents were in such a state of shock that they internalized their grief. Moreover the same neighbors who did not hear the "filmi style mourning" also did not hear any noise earlier that night while the murders were being committed in the still of the night, or the noise from the terrace door that squeaks loudly according to the cops.

This is absurd. Did the Talwar's stand behind the Coroner and hold a gun to his head to force him to do the autopsy before 2 pm? If the Talwar's had stopped the police from conducting the autopsy then the cops would have had a leg to stand on.

Nupur Talwar has stated that their elders had told them that children's ashes are exempt from the time period set for adults. I would have been totally clueless about the religious rituals were I in their shoes as well, and would have deferred to the elders.

I used to also think that according to the Hindu rituals women don't go to the crematorium. But not going to the place where the ashes are immersed is news to me.

It is surprising that when Teji Bachchan was being cremated in Bombay Aishwariaya and a lot of other females were sitting within a few feet of the funeral pyer and carrying on business as usual. Aishwariya and Abhishek were sitting on the floor near the pyre, and cozying up with each other. The other notable men and women were sitting on chairs in the background talking and smiling. [I am not inventing this. It was on live TV. Watching this I was enraged and had raised questions about this behavior on IF in the Bollywood section. There were many who thought I was being unreasonable and over critical]   http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=818691&T PN=1

A few days later the entire Bachchan family including Jaya and Aishwariya were shown on live TV standing behind Amitabh and Abhishek on the same boat as he immersed his mother's ashes.

So if the cops are trying to connect Nupur's trip to Haridwar as aiding and abetting then it is beyond my comprehension altogether. They did not go alone. There were a few family members that accompanied them. So are all those people also guilty of aiding and abetting?

* When the body of Hemraj was recovered, Rajesh's brother Dinesh Talwar called him up and asked him to return and identify the body but he declined and said that he would only be able to return after a few days. Later, he switched off his cell phone, and did not take the calls of even senior police officers. He returned next day to identify the body, which was strange.

I have no clues why this would become an issue at all. Whatever he said to his brother on the phone, the fact is he did return the next day. Were Hemraj daughter, and son-in-law incapable of identifying the body?

This was done by the Talwar driver with the approval of the cops at the crime scene. He has repeatedly stated that on television.  

=================

It appears that the Talwars have already been tried, and convicted in the court of public opinion. That is the only thing that the blundering, stupid, and incompetent cops have succeeded in doing in this whole case.  

Wow..........

Looks like you are hell bent to prove Talwar's are innocent... wish you were their lawyer... Nice points.... indeed..

Here I am not telling that They are the culprits... but these points are valid...Kuchh toh hua hai...

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 7:21pm | IP Logged

Cops hunt for 'third man' at Talwar home

Forensic experts too say RajeshTalwar couldn't have overpowered Hemraj by himself

The Aarushi murder probe is caught in a political crossfire

New Delhi: Somewhere in Greater Noida, cops are grilling Dr Rajesh Talwar. They have one question for him - who was the third person who answered his call for assistance, who helped destroy evidence of Aarushi's killing, and who eventually helped him overpower Hemraj and kill him as well?

The police investigation is moving towards the theory that Rajesh Talwar hit Aarushi in a fit of rage after the girl taunted him during a heated verbal exchange. Here is what forensic experts have to sayabout the theory:

Retired UP police officer K K Gautam who was the first to find Hemraj's body, said: "Hemraj couldn't have been killed by one person. Examination of the entire scene and my experience say more than one killer committed the murders. When I discovered Hemraj's body on the terrace there were signs of a struggle and blood spots on the door and the wall. It indicates that Hemraj resisted. In Hemraj's room there were three glasses and a bottle. His bed appeared as though two-three persons had sat on it. The toilet was choked as if it was used by 3-4 persons or it was used to flush things," Gautam said.

Retired cop K K Gautam, who found Hemraj's body

However he does not rule out the possibility of the killer(s) creating evidence in Hemraj's room to make it appear someone had visited him.

According to Dr Sudhir Gupta of AIIMS who reviewed both post-mortem reports, "One man cannot kill like this." He said that there might be the presence of another person or persons at the scene of the crime.

"According to the police, both Aarushi and Hemraj were killed in similar fashion - first hit with a sharp heavy object and then their throats slit with a sharp weapon. It clearly shows that two weapons were used. And criminology suggests one person does not use two weapons to kill two persons in the same way. I believe there were more than two who committed the crime," said another senior forensic expert.

mumbai news
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
New Developments

'Dad you don't understand youth'
Author: Shashank Shekhar Date: 30 May 2008

Arushi had an uneasy relationship with her father Rajesh. According to e-mail records, the two had an ongoing tiff over an affair

The cyber experts, who are scanning Arushi Talwar's computer, have provided interesting insights into the murdered teen's relationship with her father Rajesh, who is in jail for allegedly brutally killing her.

"The question you are raising may be right but what is wrong in it. I just wanted to try it. My friends have suggested it. Even, one of them has done it. You don't understand youth.

New generation is different. I like to stay with you as you have brought me up for 13 years. Thanks for everything. For making impression what all things has to be done," she had written in an email to Rajesh.

It was also found that Arushi was very close to three of her friends. One of them was unhappy over Arushi's closeness to another. The DPS, Noida student exchanged emails regularly with all three of them. In most of her mails Arushi used words like love you and miss you. They are being questioned by the police.

The police also claimed that the emails to Rajesh in particular reveal that they shared an uneasy relationship.

"After scanning through the computers we got to know more about Arushi's relationship with her friends and her father," a senior cop said.

According to experts, Arushi's computer was last used at 11:41 pm on May 15 - the day she was killed. Dr Talwar had entered her room twice in the night and had accessed internet. He first came to the room at 10:51 pm and later at midnight.

The report also said that someone had tried to delete files from her computer and tried to change her e-mail password after the murder.

Meanwhile, the police have approached a local court seeking permission to conduct a narco-analysis test and brain mapping on Dr Talwar on Thursday. The police moved an application in the court seeking its nod for conducting narco on Talwar, whose three-day remand ends on Friday evening.

The police have denied charges of torture and use of 'third degree' methods during the interrogation of Talwar.
The police continue to hunt for the weapon of offence and blood-soaked clothes of the killers in the sensational twin murder case.

tyroo_pub = "12735"; tyroo_ad_width = "468"; tyroo_ad_height = "60"; tyroo_adtype = "468x60_both"; tyroo_chnl ="1001"; tyroo_ads_frame = "tyrooads"; tyroo_ad_output = "html"; tyroo_table_bgcolor = "ffffff"; tyroo_table_headlinecolor = "003399"; tyroo_table_Desc_color = "000000"; tyroo_table_DisplayUrlcolor = "999999"; tyroo_outer_table_bordercolor = "ffffff"; tyroo_font_color = "999999"; //-->

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
What gave away the Talwars
Author: MiD DAY Correspondent Date: 29 May 2008

According to Hindu rituals, the remains are immersed on the third day after death. It was strange that the Talwars chose to go to Haridwar the very next day. Secondly, only male members go to immerse the remains in the Ganges.

In this case, nobody from the family went with the Talwars. Rajesh and Nupur took their daughter's remains and went off to Haridwar all on their own which was very strange, said KK Gautum, a former police official who discovered the body of Hemraj on the terrace of Dr Talwar's flat.

The former cop said he decided to minutely inspect the flat where the double murder took place only after he realised that the Talwars had left for Haridwar in such tearing hurry and without taking their relatives with them.

"Their behaviour raised the suspicion that something was amiss in the whole episode," Gautam said, talking to MiD DAY.

bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by uknaik99

Wow..........

Looks like you are hell bent to prove Talwar's are innocent... wish you were their lawyer... Nice points.... indeed..

Here I am not telling that They are the culprits... but these points are valid...Kuchh toh hua hai...

Thank you for the vote of confidence.  I will take it under advisement.  I am not "hell bent to prove that the Talwar's are innocent."  That is for the courts to decide. But I do have an opinion which I will keep to myself.  My interest and mind set in this case stems from what I have got used to….the U. S. Constitution that guarantees things like "due process" and showing "probable cause."  I whole heartedly subscribe to the belief that in the eyes of the law a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. 

The Noida police arrested Dr. Talwar last Friday. However it appears they got caught up in their own trap. They have given no clear cut motive, "probable cause" linking Dr. Rajesh Talwar to these crimes. The police cannot accuse him on a gut feeling or because they don't like how he looks or what have you! They have to back the accusation with a reason, a cause, something substantial to justify arresting him. For example, a murder weapon with his prints all over it. Another example would be, showing that he stood to benefit from the deaths of these two people because he had bought large life insurance policies in their names, with himself as the beneficiary. Get my drift?

What the Noida police have done instead is arrest without providing any verifiable causal relationship between the crime and Dr. Talwar. That is where I take umbrage with them. From the very beginning the Noida and the U.P. police have been sloppy, careless and conducted business like they were at a circus. If they sold tickets and made money on the side when they let the curious hoi polloi walk all over the crime scene, it would not be surprising at all. Since the discovery of Hemraj body the credibility of the investigators seems to have eroded completely. As a result the Noida police, like drowning rats began gasping for breath and grabbing anything they could. My interest in this case peaked after Hemraj body was discovered and the clueless police started talking to that 14 year old boy Anmol.  With this I began to see the writing on the wall and it clearly read, "Justice in jeopardy in the hands of its keepers." 

Finally, after today's developments, the public disclosure by the police of the private emails between father and daughter, and Aarushi and friends, as a motive, has convinced me that the Noida and the U.P. police should be permanently suspended without pay. Which father would kill his daughter in cold blood because she was being a normal thirteen year old?  Bizarre! Totally insane! Only the twisted Noida and U.P. police can conceive and buy into that theory.

Heck my kids and I have had pitched verbal battles when they were teens, with confused and raging hormones. I am positive parents all over the world with teenagers have experienced the same. No matter how frustrated and aggravated would any parent even entertain the thought of killing their children as an option?

I rest my case counselor.

Go to top