Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Who is RealIy In Jail In India??? (Page 5)

bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

"Cops hint at more arrests" 

This has totally blown me away now! The inept and incompetent Noida and U.P. Police seem to have turned this whole investigation into a vendetta against the Talwar and Durani family. It is obvious that they are being driven by their failure and not logic or objectiveness in investigating this case!!!

So who else are they going to arrest?  Nupur Talwar, Anita Durani and her husband? Swell! While they are on this arresting spree they might as well arrest the Talwar's Driver, Aarushi's friend Anmol as well as all the kids that were not invited to her birthday party, her grandparents, her maternal and paternal uncles, and all the neighbors that have questioned the asinine yarn that the police have spun. After all if you want to justify I am sure each one of these people must have some motive. Heck if they don't that is not a deterrent. The Noida and the U.P. police can pull out all kinds of motives, like rabbits out of a hat. That is their forte and the only thing they excel at.

As I write this, the news media is reporting that the son-in-law of the late Hemraj has stated loud and clear that his father-in-law had never expressed any fear for his life as the police have repeatedly claimed. Maybe Noida's Best should arrest him as well!!

Time has come for the citizens of Noida to arrest their entire police force and commit then to the asylum in Agra, reserved for the Mentally Challenged. 

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
It was really pathetic on Police's part to blatantly committing character assasinations of Arushi and Hemraj, without ANY proof esp when they are not their to defend themselves. Really pathetic! Shame on them!
bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

Did cops break child laws in Aarushi case?

27 May 2008, 0043 hrs IST,Himanshi Dhawan,TNN

NEW DELHI: The Uttar Pradesh police has come under fire for its "insensitive" handling of the Aarushi murder case. While union minister Renuka Chowdhury has asked her officials to investigate whether the cops violated laws meant for the protection of minors by their public disclosure of an alleged liaison between the child and family servant Hemraj, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has also objected to the stigmatisation of the minor.

Speaking to TOI , Chowdhury, who holds the charge of woman and child development, said, "I have asked ministry officials to look into the legal violations by the police in the Arushi murder case."

On Friday, the UP police insinuated that the 14-year-old girl fell victim to an "honour killing" after her father Rajesh Talwar — now the prime accused — found Aarushi and Hemraj in an "objectionable position". Both Brij Lal, ADG, Special Task Force, and Gurdarshan Singh, IGP (Meerut zone), had suggested that this was the immediate provocation for the murders.

"We are seized of the matter. The way the child has been stigmatized is not allowed under the Juvenile Justice Act," Shanta Sinha, NCPCR chairman, said.

The commission will be writing to Gurdarshan Singh demanding an explanation on why a minor's name had been disclosed. In the commission's meeting on Monday, members said the police should not have made allegations of an affair unless they had concrete evidence like eye-witnesses about the duo's relationship. 

_______

Finally a small step in the right direction, and a giant leap to restore the dignity of the two victims. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
After dad, cops home in on Arushi's mom
Author: MiD DAY Correspondent Date: 26 May 2008

The police say they may pick up Nupur Talwar, the mother of Arushi, any moment as they are still working on possible suspects in the horrific murder of the 14-year-old

Troubled: Nupur Talwar
Days after the arrest of Rajesh Talwar, father of murdered teen Arushi, the Noida police say they may soon nab her mother, Nupur Talwar, also.

According to the police, Nupur is trying to save her husband while concealing facts and information about the murder.

The police claim that she could not have been oblivious to the crime which was committed at a room just five feet away from hers.

She had been repeatedly interrogated and the cops said that Nupur may directly be involved in the killing.

The investigating officer in the case said, "We have not given a clean chit to any one not even Nupur Talwar. We can arrest some more people."

Active player

According to a well-placed source in the Noida police, Nupur have been an active player in the murder of her 14-year-old daughter.

There were reportedly four members present at the Talwars residence on the night of incident. However, the police are keeping an open mind regarding the presence of another person.

Arushi and Hemraj, the domestic help of Talwars, were killed by slitting their throats. However, the weapon of offence is yet to be recovered. The police has arrested Rajesh Talwar.

Interrogation on

"When two people are killed in a house by the husband, it can not be believed that the wife didn't know about them.

She is keeping mum about certain things. We are interrogating her on regular basis. She may be soon detained," the source added.

The Noida police on Sunday seized the computer of Arushi. The cops have also confiscated the laptop of Rajesh Talwar on Saturday.

Nodia SSP A Satish Ganesh was not available for comment, but sources said the interrogation of Nupur has thrown some vital points, which it would piece together to get the big picture. 

According to the source, the Special Task Force of the Uttar Pradesh police is also planning to interrogate Vikas Seth manager of Talwars clinic who asked their driver Umesh to take the mattress, on which Arushi was murdered, from the sector 25 flat of the Talwars to the terrace.

Narco test likely

The cops are planning to seek the remand of Rajesh Talwar and are also planning to conduct narco-analysis test on the dentist, who has many VIPs clients including former Prime Minister A B Vajpayee and UP chief minister Mayawati.

The Talwars had registered 2 am as Arushi's time of death at a temple in Haridwar where her ashes were immersed. But Dr Rajesh in the FIR has written the time of death as 6:30 am.

bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 2:13am | IP Logged

Shocked friends decry 'false stories' about Aarushi

Noida, May 26, 2008

Ever one to smile, Aarushi Talwar loved pirouetting in her school's corridors. For her close friends, the teenager was a normal fun-loving girl who came from a happy background - quite contrary to the sordid picture the police painted about her family in the wake of her murder and that of a domestic help, a crime for which her father has been arrested.

With her considered to be one of the most popular girls of Class 9, her friends in Delhi Public School here find it difficult to believe the story the police have floated about her apparent closeness with the family's middle-aged servant Hemraj that led her dentist father Rajesh to kill them in cold blood on May 15.

"It is shocking and disappointing to see what is being spoken and written about her and her family. She was like any other normal teenager, had lots of friends and loved outings. She was full of life. Why don't they let her rest in peace?" asked one of Aarushi's close friends.

She said it was difficult to digest the fact that Aarushi could have had any kind of relations with her servant.

"She was sweet, friendly, polite and a well-mannered child. She was polite to the helpers in school, so I can imagine she was so with her servant. I think this has been misinterpreted and exaggerated," the friend told IANS, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"All stories are false. We know it is not true. She had a boyfriend. And I know she had no physical relations with anyone. She was not at all that kind of girl. She had pride," the friend said, referring to the police statement that her father found her in an "objectionable but not compromising position with Hemraj" that drove him to the extreme step of killing them both.

About Aarushi's parents, the friend said: "They were not at all narrow-minded people. They were very nice people. They allowed her freedom - freedom to have friends, freedom to go out for lunches, movies and shopping. As she was the only child, it was clear that her parents doted on her. But she was not a spoilt child."

Finding it difficult to believe that Aarushi, who would have turned 16 last Saturday, is no more, the friend said she and the others have yet to come to terms with the loss.

"It (her death) has still not sunk in. But I know, when we will return to school after the summer break, the first few days would seem lonely without her," the friend said.

Aarushi's friends now plan to have a small garden named in her memory.

"When we all friends would meet in school, we will sit and decide how we could cherish her memory. Maybe, we could name a small garden after her in the school," the friend said.

For Aarushi's friends, the school's corridors would seem barren without her.

"Whenever we were free, she would be dancing on her toes, or teaching some of us how to take a spin," the friend said about Aarushi, who was taking dance lessons from an expert, Ashley Lobo, and had opted for German as one of her languages in school.

Remembering how excited Aarushi was about her birthday, the friend said: "She had left a note on her desk reminding her friends about her birthday."

On her desk were words: "Hey guys, my birthday is 15 days away…."

The best time they shared, the friend said, was when they would slip away to a corner to gossip about teachers and clothes - and boys.

What Aarushi's close friends would miss the most would be gorging on the contents of her lunch box.

"She used to bring amazing lunches. From pizza to macaroni to corn. All of it was junk food, but we used to jump when she opened her lunch box and we would empty it fast," the friend recalled.

"I loved her smile, her beautiful eyes and her curly hair. I remember one day she had her hair straightened and she asked me: 'Do you still love my hair?' I will never forget her and she will always be part of all my happy memories of my childhood," the friend said.

I write this as I watch the HT news channel. It appears that "the powers that be" had denied permission to Aarushi's schoolmates from holding a march to show their solidarity with the late Aarushi and her parents on May 24th which would have been her birthday. However it is really heart warming to see that today there are hundreds of kids marching to her residence demanding that the police stop maligning and assassinating the character of their deceased schoolmate.

I am moved to tears, and at a total loss of words expressing my feelings as I witness this whole thing unfolding on the Television. All I can say at this point is that the India that I left many decades ago has finally grown up and learned to raise its voice to rectify all that is wrong.

The Noida and U.P. police have repeatedly shown from the Anant Gupta kidnapping to Nithari that they are inept, incompetent, and a sad and pathetic arm of the totally corrupt U.P. government. Somebody needs to remind both the U.P. Government and the entire U.P. police system that they are Public Servants and not Feudal Lords.

Most importantly the U.P. Government and the frigging U.P. police and the Sardar IG from Meerat needs to remember that Aarushi was a mere child. A helpless fourteen year old child. Not some seasoned, hardened, immoral streetwalker. Please don't trash Hemraj and Aarushi, nor put them in the gutter. Khudkih paagdi sambhal Meerat keh jaatah!!!

Edited by bunbutt_too - 27 May 2008 at 3:33am
corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged
wrote really long post and inadvertently lost it Aaarrrrgh! Ouch

to recap

the poor mite has gone...no amount of character maligning really matters now does it????

YOU make the decision as to what you want to believe

Personally, I believe her classmates who say she was an ordinary girl into ordinary things - probably as true as it gets.

Spreading grime about her is nothing more than makng news - and it sucks.

Having said that, would be really interested to know of a dead persons legal rights on defamation or libellous comments....how will a dead person enforce those rights??

Finally, how the hell did they allow tha parents to do the anthim sanskaar so quickly when all is to be understaood and investigated????

So so stupid.......

Angry M Angry

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 9:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Madmadgirl

wrote really long post and inadvertently lost it Aaarrrrgh! Ouch

to recap

the poor mite has gone...no amount of character maligning really matters now does it????

YOU make the decision as to what you want to believe

Personally, I believe her classmates who say she was an ordinary girl into ordinary things - probably as true as it gets.

Spreading grime about her is nothing more than makng news - and it sucks.

Having said that, would be really interested to know of a dead persons legal rights on defamation or libellous comments....how will a dead person enforce those rights??

Finally, how the hell did they allow tha parents to do the anthim sanskaar so quickly when all is to be understaood and investigated????

So so stupid.......

Angry M Angry

@bold - thats only Yamraj's prerogative or something similar to have these bill of rights for his praja... humans dont own up the rights of the dead... LOL

I think this whole case is a semi-honor killing gone berserk...nobody kills a 14 year old for honor...but all said...the speculations thrown around make this case all the more interesting!!!!

tina59 IF-Sizzlerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Defaming the adorable girl especially when she has left the world in a brutal way is disgusting and should be condemned.

However, its too early to deem the father or her parents innocent. We don't know, whats happened.

to completely disregard the police's theory also doesnt go well with me.

Just have ti wait and watch the actually evidence that the police hopefully gives to prove their case.

Go to top