India-Forums

Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)
Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

Our Right as a Consumer!! (Page 2)

suwas IF-Rockerz
suwas
suwas

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:11am | IP Logged
I think as a consumer all we can do is stop watching & thats what many of us onthis forum have done.

Don't know about how other peoplke take it. But I had called zee when Meera was shown to be Jia's wife & they told me they are getting lot of such calls & things will change Never did. Zee I have learnt has no control over the show & BT doesn't care about our opnions so that they cut the phone if you call. & don't have any response line like zee.

I think people get used to a show & unless they are passionate about it as we are they keep watching just out of habit.

I have seen my friends & mom do that.Thats enough for BT to continue showing crap.

scifichick Goldie
scifichick
scifichick

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Tiny,

I've wondered after reading a few posts that only the audience in India counts, do we, the IF viewers of KS who live in all parts of the world have any impact on KS or do only the viewers in India?

I know that foreign viewers wouldn't have an impact on TRPs...but as niruba mentioned there is an audience...are they in India, who seem to like these storylines. I don't know how to interprete the TRPs so I won't even try. But what I don't understand is ... who are these people... the audience who find such storylines interesting that ZT, BT and EK continue to create such shows?

I have made my choice as a consumer and have stopped watching KS. I have also taken EK's advice, 'if you don't like it don't watch it.' But somewhere there is an audience that enjoys this and so KS will continue in its own negative way without any likeable characters ... at least for the audience who loved the initials days of KS.
Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by scifichick

Tiny,

I've wondered after reading a few posts that only the audience in India counts, do we, the IF viewers of KS who live in all parts of the world have any impact on KS or do only the viewers in India?

I know that foreign viewers wouldn't have an impact on TRPs...but as niruba mentioned there is an audience...are they in India, who seem to like these storylines. I don't know how to interprete the TRPs so I won't even try. But what I don't understand is ... who are these people... the audience who find such storylines interesting that ZT, BT and EK continue to create such shows?

I have made my choice as a consumer and have stopped watching KS. I have also taken EK's advice, 'if you don't like it don't watch it.' But somewhere there is an audience that enjoys this and so KS will continue in its own negative way without any likeable characters ... at least for the audience who loved the initials days of KS.

Dear Mala,

You are right .  Many a times I have wondered what kind of people watch these twisted shows, according to my mother she says Ekta starts well, in between she gets lost and later it becomes unwatchable...how right she is...such lovely characters and what the show has turned into...Of course the people watching her shows from abroad cannot influence TRPs but definitely IF is the medium through which Ekta should have a feel what her audiences are thinking/wanting.  If she is not checking on such a popular site then I can only say ************ or she is too smart a woman who knows what her audience want without asking them.  It seems like the later by the no. of shows she is churning out of her factory, twisted storylines and evil winning over good she is projecting. Only people like you and me a voicing our opinion for sometime and then leaving getting no response...I can only say if BT is to be blamed so is ZT, in the name of entertainment they are showing us horror and cruelty in the highest order...Angry

Moderator's Note:
Criticism is allowed but not name calling.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 20 May 2008 at 7:02pm
krishna4ever Goldie
krishna4ever
krishna4ever

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:02am | IP Logged
guys meer'a kissa will be over soon enough have patience im just waiting for some jai-bani romantic scenes Embarrassed. Well probably see Jigs or a new villain come in the reak havoc on bani's life once again. Vicky better turn out to be an adopted child Angry .
divan IF-Rockerz
divan
divan

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Dear Tin:

The only way to get anything to change is to make people aware of their regulations/rights/laws.

Next to form an organization, spread branches to all main cities and to go bring the complaints to the government, regulating body, the production house etc.

Then if things are not moving, then protest marches, not just in one city but all over the country.

You know the term united we stand, divided we fall applies. But people can only unite when they know what there rights are and are willing to fight for it. You know some Ghandhigiri awakening needs to arise in the masses. If the Raj was ended then why not get the corporations to account for the shoddy services they provide to the people. After all it's not free service...everything somewhere along the line has rupees sign attached to it.
InduD Goldie
InduD
InduD

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Jayanthi, i hate to say this but I think there is no stopping as far as EK is concerned. She will continue to make shows as there are ppl who still watch her shows despite all the grossness. There are different type of audience. One that doesnot care abt the grossness but just continue to watch for actors or for a few characters or for just timepass.

Others like us who want the show to make sense. Unfortunately ppl like us r very little and after shouting n screaming for sometime, we also give up and leave the show. The other grp continues to watch n EK continues her grossness in the soaps.

As long as the other type of audience exist,EK will still be the soap queen and we consumers do not have much right except to watch it if we like or leave if we dont.

Why do u think KS is still running bcos there are ppl who still like to watch it. Not everyone is repulsed by the grossness like us i guess.

Cheers,
Meena

Edited by Je_aime - 20 May 2008 at 9:43am

Go to top