Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)
Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

Our Right as a Consumer!!

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

Dear Friends,

The consumer act in India is not very strong as it is abroad in many countries. The Indian public is getting aware of it slowly but surely.  This forum is a very good place I considered to voice my opinion.  IF not only entertains us with various views, siggies, ffs from different people sitting in different parts of the world but also voices opinion, likes and dislikes of the serials/shows being telecasted in different channels of Indian Television.

Through IF many a times we have said our dislike about the various leaps which has ruined Kasamh Se, our unacceptance of Meera as character, 16 years of evil winning over good, Meera murdering the children and thereafter living happily ever after for 22 years and now showing the next generation all screwed up...many of us wrote to BT & ZT about the same.  Please do not get me wrong, I want drama, I want suspense and I love thrill but not illogically, after every leap they failed to show JB fighting together as a unit, JB standing for their cause, instead, husband throwing out wife from the house without knowing the reason and getting married without divorcing his 1st wife...In India and I am sure in many parts of the world still many girls suffer from marital discord, injustice etc., but at the end of the day when we come home we want to be entertained and not horrified/ tortured.  Is it too much to ask from BT & ZT.  As a consumer can't we ask for what we want to see and what we don't?...Of course it can be a bit twisted to sustain the thrill but not so twisted that the viewers leave the show...inspite of cricket Bidaai in Star Plus maintained its position, must be because of good story etc., KS? Well, BT and ZT I hope are not that naive to think it is because of IPL that it is losing out, yes there is a IPL effect on every serial, but the verdict is clear, even if they are not so sure still they can visit this forum to check in out...Your thoughts friends, love Tin 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlitnightpooja_l

555W59 IF-Dazzler
555W59
555W59

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Jayati,

I have excercised my rights as a consumer seeing the sub-standard crap that was on offereing, I have stopped watching. I think that is the only and definitive power we have as consumers, to consume or not. That's how anything that is brought to the market suceeds or fails. You can see with the forum, no one really discusses the show anymore. Most people were against leap, but were still willing to give it a chance but with the entrace of Vicky it was a huge blow and to a lot the final blow. Don't know if it will make any difference to the producers, but as a consumer I am really glad I have stopped watching.
Hkaurk22 IF-Rockerz
Hkaurk22
Hkaurk22

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Zee and BT dont care about their consumers. Had they really cared, the down fall of KS would have never started... i.e. no ONS, no leap, no senseless murdering of children.

Zee doesnt care.. BT... well they need brains.
.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:15am | IP Logged
just one question, I asked this many times but no one replied.....are we the only ones complaining?? How about others, the other population who continue watching KS? Maybe majority  like this type of track and that's why ZTV and BT continue giving this crap....I mean why would they kill their own show? Doesn't make sense isn't it?

Edited by niruba - 20 May 2008 at 1:16am
SuganthiS Goldie
SuganthiS
SuganthiS

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Niruba,

Good question! Many a times, I feel that we don't have a proper understanding of the Trps. Is it good, is it bad?! We tend to inteprete it according to the way we feel the serial is. I am sure that the yardstick for measuring how good or bad the Trps are differs for different channels, different time-slots, even the same time-slot on different channels. Again, I am not sure, so I can't inteprete the Trps properly!

I too feel, if the tracks are so bad, why would Zee continue to support it? I mean, leave BT alone, they are famous for all the leaps, upside down relationships, plastic surgery and so on!! LOL But what about Zee? I really don't believe that Zee has no say in what is happening, to pinpoint, the current leap! So, what is really the more accurate picture?

Edited by suganthirani - 20 May 2008 at 1:34am
Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by niruba

just one question, I asked this many times but no one replied.....are we the only ones complaining?? How about others, the other population who continue watching KS? Maybe majority  like this type of track and that's why ZTV and BT continue giving this crap....I mean why would they kill their own show? Doesn't make sense isn't it?

Yes it doesn't make sense why would a person kill his / her own show, but then why people commit suicide? some people have twisted sense of humour, I mean Ekta might be loving it to see her viewers distressed, as I hear it is the same with all her shows, to show something unique she takes the show to such a level that it becomes so unique that people stop watching and as for why we are complaining the most, because I feel cheated, I have been watching this show for 2 years, the only serial I watched till date for last two years...now I have stopped unable to take the crap anymore....others have also stopped and left, as they have realised that it is of no use...the TRPs are showing their result....Well Niruba, long time back I read somewhere that a hotlier always preferred complaining customers, they give me the chance of improve, they will return to see if I have done so but non complaining customers will not say anything but also will not return, they simply don't care"...we are in the process of becoming don't care....and for that BT & ZT can only be blamed...

HumaG IF-Rockerz
HumaG
HumaG

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:38am | IP Logged
we hvae bn behind their backs since before teh ONS they didnt listen to us then and they rnt listening to us now...personally ZT was follish enuf to let BT take complete conrtol of KS..didnt they see what was happening to all the K-serials on star? as for BT didnt expect anything better than that...they either siomply want to pull ks off air...or they are blind that they cnt see that shoving this crap down our throats means TRP's have been falling...i stopped watchin this show since PD left and the 16t year leap and vicky Dead that was the final nail in the coffin
.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Tintiny, I understand your feelings, me too feel the same way....and I'm in the process of don't care too Ouch I also realized that other serials too butcher the main characters and some are very disgusting too....but why are they kept giving this kind of track?? It shows that audience do accept these tracks isn't it Confused....that's why I questioned, are we the only ones complaining.....

thanks suganthi....you are the first one to reply my question which I've been posting many times....

Edited by niruba - 20 May 2008 at 2:15am

Go to top