Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

New Khan on the block

ansari Groupbie
ansari
ansari

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
New Khan on the block
Aseem Ali Khan, nephew of legendary Sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan is set to make his Bollywood debut with a romantic drama titled Zindagi Tere Naam that will also mark Mithun Chakraborty and Ranjeeta's comeback to silver screen after 22 years.

"I play the role of Siddharth. It is the story of a middle class boy who falls in love with a very sweet girl and how their relationship grows and transcends generations," he says.

According to Aseem, the script borders on the yesteryear's hit, Maine Pyar Kiya.

"It is something like a Maine Pyar Kiya type of a story. It does not have unnecessary complications or action sequences in the plot. The music is also a strong point as it has been given by Sajid Wajid," he adds.

But isn't it a blasphemy for someone like him who hails from an esteemed classical music background to join commercial movie industry? "Not at all," he shrugs, adding: "The family is very cooperative. It's my personal choice to try my luck in movies."

Romance is a genre that has been used by many filmmakers to roll out thousands of films. What do you think is the USP of your film? "Our film has a very fresh feel since both the actors are debutants (Priyanka Mehta, the female lead opposite Aseem is a newcomer). Plus we have Mithun and Ranjeeta coming together. That should attract many to come and see the old magic working again. Then there's a special appreance of Dia Mirza in the film," he says.

How hopeful are you about your debut? "I just want people to enjoy our film. It's my Bollywood break and I hope people like my performance and I get a stepping stone," he adds.

wezyus IF-Rockerz
wezyus
wezyus

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
congratz n welcome to bollywood
bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Great to see that Aseem Ali Khan thinks outside the sarod.Wink
colling IF-Dazzler
colling