Nina_sabin

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:43am | IP Logged

Small screen's big night in Mumbai
19 May 2008, 0035 hrs IST,TNN

Print  

Write to Editor

doweshowbellyad=0;
Shweta Tiwari. (TOI Photo)
The NCPA was razzle-dazzle with stardust on Saturday evening as television's most popular stars gathered to celebrate one another's success.

The bonhomie, cheer and fun witnessed at this red carpet night was proof enough that off-screen, these saases and bahus don't hate one another!

Amongst the earliest to make an entry (and a very lovey-dovey one at that) were Kashmera Shah and Krshna Abhishek. Following suit were Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh (toying with a stray hair-lock that dropped from her oh-so-60s' bouffant) were excited about performing with each other for the first time. Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani (back from a bout of illness) made a stylish couple, the credit for which Hiten gave to his wife: "She's the one who decides what I wear; so the compliments are hers to take!"

Ketaki Dave, looking red-hot in a red sari (that even made her mother Sarita Joshi compliment her saying, "you're looking ravishing!") when asked about her intermittent disappearances, was candid in admitting, "As a senior member of the television parivaar, I'm entitled to coming and going out of it."

Abhijeet Sawant, Rooprekha, Prajakta Shukre and Ishmeet Singh had a whale of a time, signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans, even as they indulged in incessant banter. Child actor Aabhas Joshi seems to have become quite used to his celeb status; he was having a gala time as well. Mouni Roy, dressed fit for Cannes in a billowy gown, seemed distracted as she rushed off saying, "It's time for the show to begin and I'm yet to get ready!"

Suvarna Jha caught up with Gautami Kapoor; Shweta Tiwari made a back-door entry and expressed mock-consternation at being caught on-camera saying, "Arre, I'm not even dressed for the occasion; let me get ready and then you can click to your heart's content!"

Smriti Iraani, the ever-so-busy actress-producer was glued to her phone issuing instructions even as she was reading through her script and getting ready. Ali Asgar kept cheering for his bhabhi Sakshi Tanwar who seemed too comfortable in the confines of the vanity van to step out till the last minute. JD Majethia, Naman Shaw, Guddi Maruti (in an astonishingly slim avatar about which she kept joking to anybody who cared to ask the secret), Rucha Gujrathi, a bald Sandiip Sickand (who, when quizzed about the change, remarked, "I'm an actor too, I'm entitled to have a makeover!") and Avinash Wadhwan were also present

Edited by Nina_sabin - 19 May 2008 at 3:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bismazaman2000tumhari?Heebs

fahimataq IF-Rockerz
fahimataq
fahimataq

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:44am | IP Logged
thnx 4 the article.
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 8:47am | IP Logged