Kasturi

India-Forums

Kasturi
Kasturi

Karan lashes out at Shubhangi Aatre !!! (Page 3)

pragalbha IF-Dazzler
pragalbha
pragalbha

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Raksha, are you not contradicting yourself? On one hand you say SRK is no great shakes at acting but on the other you say KP is copying him! If SRK is no great shakes then why would KP copy him???? Big smile

Next, its sad that you find KP with no original acting skills.....I find it otherwise! I think KP has great skills, which will take him to great heights if he uses them right and I also never seemed to think that he is copying SRK maybe because I don't watch SRK much nor do I consider him a great actor.......SRK is a superstar but he is not a great actor!

Next......what is so mean about what he said? He is expressing his anguish and anger about the issue and his problems with his co-star. Just because he is saying out and loud, how can that be interpreted as him putting his co-stars down??? Did he say anything in that article that amounted to......."I am great", "I have set standards", "I do not trouble people" "I am the most professional of the lot"! "I cannot be replaced" "I am one of a kind"......did he say or mean any of the above??? LOL LOL

If not, then why should he be called mean? If he feels SA needs to be replaced, that is his opinion based on whatever happened between them, that does not mean he is saying I am the best and she is not!

Also sorry........don't think i am attacking you, its just that I found your post the most though-provoking and very very different from what I was thinking Big smile

Edited by pragalbha - 19 May 2008 at 9:34am

Aanandaa IF-Sizzlerz
Aanandaa
Aanandaa

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Pragz, firstly, did I say SRK has no acting skills???I said his fans say that,did I say I agree with that???I said SRK wasn't popular merely because of his acting skills...Now that should clear the confusion, hopefully...Wink...

Secondly,if you think that its ok to run down ones co-star in the public and suggest him/her to be replaced, then its completely your POV and I have no problems with it nor do I want to shove my POV down your throat...I personally think its very unprofessional to make such under the belt comments as it will clearly spoil the work environment and eventually result in destroying the very reason for them to being there in the first place...

Arre you edited after I finished reading it and whilst typing my reply: No madam, no wayyy..Pleeease yaar, I have said a million times that I keep matters separately...Had you mentioned about my personal stuf, may be something like - I have no right to comment on KP's acting skills as I myself act miserably or something like that,Ouch then may be I will take it to heart and consider it a personal attack..LOLLOLLOL

Edited by raksha.l - 19 May 2008 at 9:44am
pikku05 Goldie
pikku05
pikku05

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:41am | IP Logged
fantastic post raksha totally agree with u yaar and about the article i think its tru coz previously he is given interviews to star and aaj tak regarding the same demented issue omg kp faked love with amita just 2 participate in nb3 4 money and fame then cooollly ditched her its high time tat u learn from u own idol and of millions srk wat manners r omg so much of attitude now itself atlest learn from ur costars like jatin and ur so called pal hitein and co how 2 conduct thinks tat he is the sort of 1 and only he he he LOL get well sooooooooooooooooooon karaaaaaaaaaaaaan honeeeeeeeeey LOL LOL LOL
pragalbha IF-Dazzler
pragalbha
pragalbha

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Raksha, that is what I am trying to say that what KP said was NOT an under the belt comment at all!!!

He has straight forward expressed his opinion out and clean, why cannot that be accepted? Instead of running around the bush and saying double meaning dialogs he said that what he felt! He is not saying 'I wish she is replaced'!! He is saying, he will NOT have a problem if she is replaced! There is a major difference between both of those statements!

And mind you, the question was asked by the interviewer and he replied to that honestly! He did not initiate that question......I absolutely give him 100 points for that!
He had both the guts and the honesty to say that!

BUT......none of us have an idea WHY he said that! What has happened between them for him to say that?? What was so bad between them that he did not sugar coat his words but said them bluntly.....that is the concern, atleast for me it is!!

Edited by pragalbha - 19 May 2008 at 9:52am
anjudiva Senior Member
anjudiva
anjudiva

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Very exciting discussion LOL LOL

here's my 2 cents Embarrassed . But before i start, let the records reflect that I do not particularly like KP (or SA for that matter) so my views would be very partial LOL ..
Here's why I think KP's comment's were out of the line

1) I think there's a difference between Kp not coming on time for shooting coz he spent more time on a different shoot and SA not reporting to shooting because she is not getting paid or because she is sick.(I am assuming it's either of the two issues that's holding her up). If it's for either of these reasons, I think she is justified. I dont find anything unethical with her behaviour - it's an unethical/unprofessional as workers going to strike or me taking a sick leave.
So, I think, as someone who has set precedents for unprofessional (reporting late on sets) and unethical (the whole NB3 fiasco) behaviour, he should just not say anything.

2) It's ok to suggest that production house look for a replacement. But is it really Ok to call one's co-star "dragging trouble"? Not sure about that

3) Regarding foul language, that was one disgusting comment. I do not see how anyone can justify using bad language....

I am not a huge SRK acting fan, but I agree with Raksha that the guy is really down to earth, and is always polite and well spoken. That perhaps is where KP differs the most with his screen idol and take a few notes.

@Pragz - I feel that there is a difference in being honest/having guts and being impolite & ill mannered. KP's comments, to me, felt like latter. I would have considered him a gentleman if he stuck to the official rumour of her being sick and worked out the issue outside of the press. That would have been the responsible/professional thing to do. Just my feeling :)
nrasheed IF-Dazzler
nrasheed
nrasheed

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:26am | IP Logged

hey ladies, wow great thougth provoking comments from both raksha and pragalbha...

me just think that really KP, SA, sheebha or any other actor really have no power to decide on who should stay or who should go...IF and thats a huge IF KP said that SA should go well, he needs to realize that the same could happen to him. Wink so really its a mud slingling free for all, and the person that usually says the least is usually the one left standing in the end.. so KP words of advice keep on the path of the straight and narrow, concentrate on your JOB...

SA really what your doing I find totally unethical and very unprofessional, you signed a contract now live with it. pure and simple and when the time comes up for resigning bring up all your issues, till then, suck it up and do your JOB... like pragalbha said, we all eat alot of crap at work for the pay.....things come and go...life isnt perfect..

Raksha and Pragalbha, me personally really liked SRK in his early years, now i can honestly say havent watched him much, but a guy with such little to start with and has gone sooo far, i think he's got more then enough talent all around...for its sure as hell wasnt his looks , family name that got him this far...the rest well to each thier own... and luvly discussion ladies..

on a note that has nothing to do with this article, i think Bollywood is truly thirsty for some new actors, none of the newcomers in the industry have made me want to spend even a dollar on renting their moives... So i hope that that next big actor comes around soon.. Yawwwwn. last good movie for me was Maduri Dixit's moive...even OSO was just a big dazzle effect after another.

robina

edited after reading anju's post:

hey you!!! okay i totally agree that KP shouldnt be using foul language, but here's the thing, how much does one have to take from a co-worker before they say thats it i'm sooooo sick and tired of rearrangeing my life for this!!!! Confused and everyone's threshhold level of endurance is different..KP might be alot less then SA or so on..Perhaps he's had it and he's the one ready to walk too...LOLrobinaBig smile

Edited by nrasheed - 19 May 2008 at 10:36am
pragalbha IF-Dazzler
pragalbha
pragalbha

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Anju.....IF she is not coming to work because she is unwell and/or unpaid, then why drag the work-environment issue into it???
She should NOT have commented about the work-environment....because once her dues her settled, is she not coming back to the same work-environment?? Is she not going to again play Kasturi in the same serial with the same apparently foul-speaking KP??? Smile So once the production house increases her pay, is she going to STOP working in the serial because she has issues with the work-environment????  Or will the foul-language suddenly not be such a big deal???
And why is this suddenly an issue when it was not for an year???

I think she herself has done some mud-slinging on KP and his reaction is what we are seeing!

Now coming to the impolite part of it, how many of his co-stars were polite to him during the issue that he had??? Was it not Priya Arya who spoke very badly about him at that time? So, why he is expected to be polite, when the others can get away with it??? The industry is such........you cannot expect one person to be all goody-goody all the time!!! LOL

Nobody is justifying foul language here among us BUT it is definitely an issue that the production house and the whole industry has to figure out a solution for.....Shubhangi is not the only person working in this environment, ALL the actors- female and male are working in the same environment!

I still think he was outright blunt but not mean! Smile

Edited by pragalbha - 19 May 2008 at 11:01am
neela226 IF-Rockerz
neela226
neela226

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged
wow this has turned into a bashing topic

Go to top