Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjudiva thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Very exciting discussion πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

here's my 2 cents 😳 . But before i start, let the records reflect that I do not particularly like KP (or SA for that matter) so my views would be very partial πŸ˜† ..
Here's why I think KP's comment's were out of the line

1) I think there's a difference between Kp not coming on time for shooting coz he spent more time on a different shoot and SA not reporting to shooting because she is not getting paid or because she is sick.(I am assuming it's either of the two issues that's holding her up). If it's for either of these reasons, I think she is justified. I dont find anything unethical with her behaviour - it's an unethical/unprofessional as workers going to strike or me taking a sick leave.
So, I think, as someone who has set precedents for unprofessional (reporting late on sets) and unethical (the whole NB3 fiasco) behaviour, he should just not say anything.

2) It's ok to suggest that production house look for a replacement. But is it really Ok to call one's co-star "dragging trouble"? Not sure about that

3) Regarding foul language, that was one disgusting comment. I do not see how anyone can justify using bad language....

I am not a huge SRK acting fan, but I agree with Raksha that the guy is really down to earth, and is always polite and well spoken. That perhaps is where KP differs the most with his screen idol and take a few notes.

@Pragz - I feel that there is a difference in being honest/having guts and being impolite & ill mannered. KP's comments, to me, felt like latter. I would have considered him a gentleman if he stuck to the official rumour of her being sick and worked out the issue outside of the press. That would have been the responsible/professional thing to do. Just my feeling :)
nrasheed thumbnail

hey ladies, wow great thougth provoking comments from both raksha and pragalbha...

me just think that really KP, SA, sheebha or any other actor really have no power to decide on who should stay or who should go...IF and thats a huge IF KP said that SA should go well, he needs to realize that the same could happen to him. πŸ˜‰ so really its a mud slingling free for all, and the person that usually says the least is usually the one left standing in the end.. so KP words of advice keep on the path of the straight and narrow, concentrate on your JOB...

SA really what your doing I find totally unethical and very unprofessional, you signed a contract now live with it. pure and simple and when the time comes up for resigning bring up all your issues, till then, suck it up and do your JOB... like pragalbha said, we all eat alot of crap at work for the pay.....things come and go...life isnt perfect..

Raksha and Pragalbha, me personally really liked SRK in his early years, now i can honestly say havent watched him much, but a guy with such little to start with and has gone sooo far, i think he's got more then enough talent all around...for its sure as hell wasnt his looks , family name that got him this far...the rest well to each thier own... and luvly discussion ladies..

on a note that has nothing to do with this article, i think Bollywood is truly thirsty for some new actors, none of the newcomers in the industry have made me want to spend even a dollar on renting their moives... So i hope that that next big actor comes around soon.. Yawwwwn. last good movie for me was Maduri Dixit's moive...even OSO was just a big dazzle effect after another.

robina

edited after reading anju's post:

hey you!!! okay i totally agree that KP shouldnt be using foul language, but here's the thing, how much does one have to take from a co-worker before they say thats it i'm sooooo sick and tired of rearrangeing my life for this!!!! πŸ˜• and everyone's threshhold level of endurance is different..KP might be alot less then SA or so on..Perhaps he's had it and he's the one ready to walk too...πŸ˜†robinaπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by nrasheed - 15 years ago
pragalbha thumbnail
Anju.....IF she is not coming to work because she is unwell and/or unpaid, then why drag the work-environment issue into it???
She should NOT have commented about the work-environment....because once her dues her settled, is she not coming back to the same work-environment?? Is she not going to again play Kasturi in the same serial with the same apparently foul-speaking KP??? 😊 So once the production house increases her pay, is she going to STOP working in the serial because she has issues with the work-environment????  Or will the foul-language suddenly not be such a big deal???
And why is this suddenly an issue when it was not for an year???

I think she herself has done some mud-slinging on KP and his reaction is what we are seeing!

Now coming to the impolite part of it, how many of his co-stars were polite to him during the issue that he had??? Was it not Priya Arya who spoke very badly about him at that time? So, why he is expected to be polite, when the others can get away with it??? The industry is such........you cannot expect one person to be all goody-goody all the time!!! πŸ˜†

Nobody is justifying foul language here among us BUT it is definitely an issue that the production house and the whole industry has to figure out a solution for.....Shubhangi is not the only person working in this environment, ALL the actors- female and male are working in the same environment!

I still think he was outright blunt but not mean! 😊 Edited by pragalbha - 15 years ago
neela226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
wow this has turned into a bashing topic
Herman_4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
okay, i'm only gonna comment on the environment issue, (because of the global warming πŸ˜† no, just kidding) alright, so, if there is foul language used on the set, it should only matter to kasturi opps shubhangi, if they have used such language against her, otherwise i don't think it really should matter to her. i mean i go to school, and there are tonnes of students using such language, and i can't go after each and every student, teaching them about the proper language, or leaving school, stay at home, and tell my mom i don't wanna go cuz there are ppl using foul language at school, because at the end of the day leaving school (work) will only affect me, the show will go on, the world won't stop without me, but at the same time it's nice to have healthy environment to work in, but if that's not the case, leaving work won't make it any better. and why should it matter to me wat kind of language one uses with others. mind ur work.

if they want to talk about it to the media or doesn't want to talk about it to the media, it's their choice, i don't wanna comment on it.

love
harman πŸ˜› Edited by Herman_4u - 15 years ago
pragalbha thumbnail

Originally posted by: neela226

wow this has turned into a bashing topic

I don't think so πŸ˜›........Nobody hates KP or SA and I don't think any of us are talking about their personal lives here. We are definitely discussing KP and SA's reactions to this issue and most definitely expressing our views about those reactions!

Harman.........agree with you that we cannot control everyone in the world!

Edited by pragalbha - 15 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pragalbha

I don't think so πŸ˜›........Nobody hates KP or SA and I don't think any of us are talking about their personal lives here. We are definitely discussing KP and SA's reactions to this issue and most definitely expressing our views about those reactions!

Harman.........agree with you that we cannot control everyone in the world!

Absolutely second with Pragz here...I think this is by far the most matured discussion thread I have come across in these 8 months that I have been in this section....Hats off to all those who have made it so...πŸ‘

Before coming up with the words like 'bashing' etc, one needs to first define the meaning of those words for themselves...πŸ˜›

I will get back to the debate later...GTG..

anjudiva thumbnail
GTG too.. will respond later Pragz..
But absolutely agree with you & Raksha that it is not a bashing session :)

BTW, being the geek I am, I looked up official def'n of bashing.. Enjoy :)

<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bashing>

bashing –noun
1. the act of beating, whipping, or thrashing: a series of unsolved bashings and robberies.
2. a decisive defeat: We gave the visiting team a good bashing.
3. (used in combination) a. unprovoked physical assaults against members of a specified group: gay-bashing.
b. verbal abuse, as of a group or a nation: feminist-bashing; China-bashing.

Herman_4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ajudiva, gud job yaar, and thanks for providing the definition, cuz i think many people here needs it.

love
harman πŸ˜›
only4karan thumbnail
...ok sorry for the off-topic post, but a comment made earlier in this thread really got me curious...did KP and Amrita really "fake" love to get into NB3???? πŸ˜•