Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:54am | IP Logged
Acting is a hobby: Sana
19 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST,KRUPA KANSARA ,TNN
 Print  

Bookmark / Share

Write to Editor
doweshowbellyad=0;
Sana Saeed (TOI photo)
Ever wonder what happened to that perky nine-year-old who played Shah Rukh Khan's daughter in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (KKHH), a decade ago? Well, that cherubic child is today a headturning teenager who's playing an important role in a TV show.

Sana Saeed might have done a couple of films in the interim (Badal and Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega) and anchored shows Kache Papad Pakka Papad at 13, but she also took a break from showbiz after that. "Since studies were important, my acting career was put on hold for some time. The odd occasions when I was in front of the camera, I was only able to shoot on weekends and holidays," she recalls.

So how has life been treating her now in her second coming? "Life has always been good to me. I just finished my B. Com exams and I am planning to enjoy my summer vacation, no studies and no work. That's the reason I am not taking up much work these days. Since my role is not so demanding, I can afford to take a break for a while," she quips.

Working with her idol SRK was quite an experience for Sana, one that she cherishes. "I loved working with him. Some day soon, I'd like to work with him again. I like working with people who are performance oriented. Given an opportunity, I would also like to work with Hrithik Roshan, Rani Mukerji and Konkona Sen Sharma," she says.

How best would the 19-year-old describe herself? Is she as spoilt in real life as Anjali in KKHH was? "No, no," grins Sana, "that spoilt brat grew up a long time back. I think I can be called a fun-loving and carefree person."

And this new grown-up Sana is also cautious. So, while she claims she's been pencilled in for a few projects, she'd rather not talk about it. That's typical Bollywood lingo Sana, we tell her. "Not quite. Until and unless everything is sealed and final, I'd not like to talk about it," she says matter-of-factly.

Sana also has plans to study abroad. "I am giving it a thought. I want to study further in advertising and finish it before my last year (in college) begins," she informs.

Her one regret remains, her weight. "My friends say I have put on a lot of weight so I am trying to cut the flab these days. I might also join a dance class. My love for chocolates has added to my waist line, but I don't feel guilty at all. I can always sweat off the extra kilos in a gym," she points out.

Sana even doesn't feel insecure about all the newcomers on television. She says with a wisdom beyond her years, "A person only feels insecure when acting is only a means to earn money. The industry is very huge and there's enough work for everyone. For me, acting is like a hobby," says this dazzling actress.
Way to go girl!
type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bell yad.innerHTML = b2;
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Act ing_is_a_hobby_Sana/articleshow/3050447.cms

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:11am | IP Logged
Thanks Sano!!!!!!
animateash IF-Rockerz
animateash
animateash

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged
thnxxx she lusk gudd
^_^ ALIA ^_^ Groupbie
^_^ ALIA ^_^