Shilpa Anand and her replacement in DMG - Page 115

Posted: 15 years ago
Shilpa Anand, the pretty and smart intern in Star One's Dill Mill Gayye has quit the serial and aims to make it big in Bollywood... Here is the actress confirming her exit to Telly Buzz.. Shilpa Anand, the pretty actress who has been the face of Dr. Riddhima in Star One's Dill Mill Gaye is all set to quit the serial.

Telly Buzz caught up with Amita Devadiga, Creative Head, Dill Mill Gaye who confirmed the news, saying "Yes, it is true that Shilpa has opted out of Dill Mill Gayye". On the probable replacement, Amita states, "We are on a lookout for Shilpa's replacement. You will get to know of it in few days' time".

Much to the astonishment of loyal Dill Mill Gayye viewers, Shilpa Anand avers, "Riddhima was a very sweet character and will remain close to me forever. But things need to move on and I am surely quitting Dill Mill Gaye. My last date of shoot was on 20th May". For the uninitiated, the buzz of Shilpa's exit from the show was doing rounds for a while, but the creative unit had decided to keep the news low profile till all was confirmed.

Shilpa's contract was to end in June, but the actress is said to have requested the channel and the production house to relieve her few days in advance. Shilpa who has acted in few Telugu films down South now aspires to go the Bollywood way. "I have got many offers in big screen, but I will need at least one month for myself before I take up my next offer", clarifies Shilpa.

On an ending note, Shilpa thanks her fans for having loved her as Riddhima. "I wish the serial all the very best. They have a very smart creative unit and I am sure they will take the track in a convincing manner", says Shilpa.

With Shilpa gone, there was a buzz that Karan Singh Grover's beau Shraddha Nigam would fit into the shoes of Riddhima. When Telly Buzz spoke to Shraddha, she says, "I was one of the options for the role, but I guess I will not be doing it". According to a reliable source, "Mahi Vij who was earlier seen in DJ Akhil's music video 'Tu Hai Wahi' has been considered for the role along with Sukriti Khandpal who is seen in SAB's Jersey No. 10.
Comments RSS

This is around the 20 th may
the day she announced or maybe day after
We have to accept
she has gone
so many news about her exit and just a flash that she MIGHT stay for few more months
yeh dis news was around 20th or 21st and den da nxt day sbs sed she is nt leaving 4 anuder coupl of months
Since this topic has reached 150 pages, it will be closed. I have created a new post where everyone can continue the discussion. Do post in it.

Shilpa Anand and DMG-2
she is has left den y hasnt da new gal bin selectd n brought forward n say luk she iz da new ridz