Ramayan

Questions

ayesha54 Newbie
ayesha54
ayesha54

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged

I have some questions in my mind?ConfusedConfusedConfused

Q1. Why is lord vishnu colored blue?

Q2. Why do hindu gods have so many arms?

Q3. Why only Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva take avtaars and not Brahma?

If anyone knows any of these answers than please send. And if anyone wants to send more questions than, I don't mind.Smile

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 9:59am | IP Logged
hmm interesting questions
but i dont hv answers
i wud wait and see who replies

its really interesting questions
dint come to my head at all LOL
i m sure there r ppl here who hv read the epics very well

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:03am | IP Logged

Well, these questions also come to my head and go. All i can say is that there are lots of questions that are beyond our brain. I read it somewhere that human brains are very small to understand this universe and of couse the God Himself! So dont try to think that we cant cope with. But on the other hand, there are few epics and saints and mayb who reads epics that might explain all these answers. 

But the answer to arms question might be that God carrys different things in each hand to teach us, to protect us, to fight the evil, to bless us, etc. dunno if im right here or not.

Lord Vishnu takes avatar coz he is the preserver hence He has to protect and fight the evil and free us from evilness. there is a verse in Chapter 4 in Geeta in which Lord Krishna says that :

"Yadaa Yadaahi Dharmasya Glaanirbhavati Bhaarata
Abhyutthaanam Adharmasya Tadaatmanam Srujaamy Aham"

that means:   "Whenever there is a decline in righeousness, O descendant of Bharata, and whenever there is much more unrighteousness, I manifest Myself personally at that time. In order to protect the good at heart and destroy evil and wrongdoers, I show Myself, millennium after millennium." and hence Lord Vishnu takes avtars in order to protect us and the Mother Earth!

Dont know much about Lord Shiva's avatars apart from Hanumanji.

Lord Vishnu being blue-skinned...hmmmm...sorry cant remember! any1 there who knows?

now, i also have a question:

Q4: Why do Hindus have so many Gods?

I know most of them are incarnations but still we worship them.

Hope this will help!Smile

Edited by bharat999 - 18 May 2008 at 1:00pm
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
i will try to find out the answers !!!!

GODS HAVING MANY HANDS SO tht they can carry many arms at a time !!!

only vishnuji chosen to take the avatar as he is the father of this entire world ,for protection of humankind only vishnuji takes avatar !!!!

not ONLY hinduS but greeks & egyptians also hv so many GODS !!!

IN DIFFERENT incarnations GOD TAUGHT humankinds different things & set differnt examples !!!

so it's upto us whom we idolize & choose our ishtdev ,by the way all incarnated forms of GOD R WORSHIPPED !!! AS THEY ALL KILLED DEMONS IN EVERY INCARNATIONS !! ON EARTH !!
VaRnI4Ever Goldie
VaRnI4Ever
VaRnI4Ever

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:42pm | IP Logged

I googled 'em. Hope that answers your question!!

Q1. Why is lord vishnu colored blue?

One of the theories is that Vishnu, because of his association with water, is depicted blue; therefore all his incarnations including Krishna, are shown as such. In Hinduism, persons who have depth of character and the capacity to fight evil are depicted as blue skinned. ...

"The theory of the blue coloring of Krishna goes to the fact that the Creator has given the maximum of blue to nature i.e. the sky, the oceans, the rivers and lakes. The deity who has the qualities of bravery, manliness, determination, the ability to deal with difficult situations, of stable mind and depth of character is represented as blue colored. Lord Krishna spent his life protecting humanity and destroying evil, hence he is colored blue."

Q2. Why do hindu gods have so many arms?

Deities are often portrayed with multiple arms, especially when they are battling cosmic forces. The multiplicity of arms emphasizes the deity's immense power and ability to perform several acts at the same time. The portrayal of a deity in human form but with multiple arms is the artist's attempt to express the deity's superhuman power. Demons are frequently depicted with multiple heads to convey their superhuman power as well.

Occasionally a deity is shown with more than one head in an attempt to describe various aspects of the character of that deity. For example, when the god Shiva is portrayed with a triple head, the central face indicates his essential character and the flanking faces depict his fierce and blissful natures.

Q3. Why only Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva take avtaars and not Brahma?

Shiva:
Brahma: the creator of the universe
Narayana/Vishnu: the protector of mother earth and us. thus, whenever "paap" increases and reaches to the extent where it must be removed to save mother earth, Lord Narayana incarnates .
coolpurvi Goldie
coolpurvi
coolpurvi

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
nice explanation ArielAngel

The duties regarding universe r divided amongst the 3 supreme Gods. The duty of preservation is with Lord Vishnu. If Lord Brahma started taking incarnation then who will do the work of creation.

I personally believe in the theory of ADWAITA VEDANTA (non-dualism) as preached by Ramakrishna Pramahansa n Swami Vivekananda. This theory says that BHAGWAAN is one but he manifests himself in different form for doing different functions. One can worship both God un-manifested and also manifested. He is same and one. Worshipping God in his un-manifested form is difficult for common people like me while worshipping God in his manifested form is easier. Do read Srimad Bhagwat GITA n Chicago address by Swani Vivekananda.

Bhakt can give any form to his Bhagwaan. He can worship any form of HIM which is close to his heart.  

U asked ' WHY HINDUS HAVE SO MANY GODS'. Do read Chapter 12 of  Srimad Bhagwat Gita where Lord Krishna said that GOD IS ONE but can be worshipped in any from whichever a Bhakt likes.

Sri Ramkrishna Pramahansa also said that God is one but having many forms n called by different names Ram, Krishna, Shiva, Allah, God. Sri Ramkrishna Pramahansa lived life like a Hindu, a muslim, a Christian n  came to the conclusion that 'God is one'

U can also read books by our former President Dr. S.K. Radharishnan especially his translation of  Srimad Bhagwat Gita

Edited by coolpurvi - 18 May 2008 at 10:01pm
chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 1:16am | IP Logged
thanks for all the answers
i myself didnt know abt this and never realised to take help of google uncle
its really good to know the facts here
thanks a lot

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top