India-Forums

Banoo Main Teri Dulhann
Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

Divz isnt bad, the makers are

july12_1995 IF-Dazzler
july12_1995
july12_1995

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 9:28am | IP Logged

ok. this is so dumb. oen way they show divya as a modern type girl...and usually modern girls dont care about others, dont get me wrong they do, but they care about theirselves more. and divya loves amar, so no ones stopping her from not marryign who she loves.

she doesnt HAVE to marry samrat if she doesnt like him. now if it were vidya in her place, i would unerstand wy shes doing that becuz shes from india nad her heart is big and stuff....but this is divya who'se from LONDON. she shouldnt be so forced to do so becuz she can live her life the way she wants to...

please reply if u agree

Tariii IF-Dazzler
Tariii
Tariii

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:46am | IP Logged
yess you are right. but the promo said it all...she finally stood up n i agree she shouldve stepped up long time ago becuz shes from london..lovely post
Wafah IF-Dazzler
Wafah
Wafah

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:24am | IP Logged
She doesn't know as of yet that Amar hasn't married Bindiya...If she did she would have...
Little Foot IF-Rockerz
Little Foot
Little Foot

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Mmh, only because she's a 'modern' girl doesn't mean that she cares for herself more than for others.

I agree with Wafah ji.
She doesn't know yet that Amar isn't married.
divyankat IF-Sizzlerz
divyankat
divyankat

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
i get your point but she thoses care about other..i agree with you guys, modern girls doesnt have to care about thereself alone...plus yea, as far as she knws, amar is married to bindiya, how can she tell him her feelings and he is "married" Confused
rainabow Senior Member
rainabow
rainabow

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Are you guys serious? This is such bunk and quite frankly insulting. "Modern" girls are perfectly capable of putting others before themselves and frequently do. It's human nature to care about your loved ones more than yourself. This is not a cultural thing at all. It happens all the time all around the world and has nothing to do with being Indian or traditional or not. Just because Divya isn't someone's punching bag doesn't make her selfish. Remember how Vidya used to just stand there and cry while Chandra insulted her? Is that the kind of behavior we're glamorizing here? I prefer Divya, who stood up to Chandra, and who does not tolerate injustice. She still has all of Vidya's values, but she's a stronger person and I really prefer her this way. I will be disappointed if she goes back to being like Vidya.

I don't even see how this makes Divya selfish in the first place? She doesn't want to marry Samrat so how is that selfish? Selfish means that you DO do whatever you want without considering how it affects others. In fact Divya is making a sacrifice and this isn't the first time. The first time was for Bindiya. Now she is continuing with that sacrifice because she doesn't know Amar and Bindiya have called off their wedding. She also doesn't want to hurt Samrat. So obviously she is not doing this for herself.
aewa Senior Member
aewa
aewa

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
I disagree. I'm born in Canada but just because I was born here, it doesn't mean that I put myself before others. Love is all about sacrifice and putting people that you care about before yourself. Who knows, if I was in that position (which I hope I will never be in), perhaps I would do the same thing for the happiness of others that I care about. The definition of the word modern is not caring about yourself more than others. What say?
nabtaraz Senior Member
nabtaraz
nabtaraz

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
i dont think divya is unselfish as she has sacrificed her love for amar when it came to bindiya. that really shows how strong she is. the thing i dont get is why she decided to stay in india at all..i mean if the person i loved was with someone else, i wouldnt wanna live in the same place he did..and since she was already raised/settled in london, it just would make more sense.

maybe b/c stupid samrat told her that her "dai ma" passed, she sees it pointless to go back to london.

but i sort of get what you mean, it seems like there's no fight left in them..dont worry tho, once the misunderstanding about amar being married is clear, they'll both revert to their old selves :D

Go to top