Comics based on serials/soaps - Right?

aditi-thakur thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

hi guyz i hav just got the news that star plus SERIALS ARE GOING TO publish in comics it includes historical drama -PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN and some other serials

i just want ur views is it insulting to publish a historical character in comics?????????? as i had posted similar topic in dharamveer forum and there some said its insulting and some said its not 😕

so what r ur views😕

plzzzzzzzzzzz reply

Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chal_phek_mat thumbnail
These historical figures have been in comics for years even before the TV serials came up. That is the way children have been attracted to these historical figures

Kids love comics and to get them closer to Indian historical figures they should be introduced in Comics

so I say great Idea 😛
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amar chitra katha...always my favorite...I had most of them at one point in time 😊
As pointed out above, it's not a new concept. Amar Chitra Katha have been doing it for decades now. I am in favore of this concept. Anything that makes learning fun for kids is good...as long as they don't start twisting the facts ðŸ˜Š Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
As said before it was already there with Amar Chitra Katha.
Moreover, comics doesn't mean comical, it's just pictorial depiction of a story. The story is shortened and simplified and illustrated. I don't think there's anything insulting in that.
Morgoth thumbnail
A more appropriate title for such write-ups would be Graphic Fiction/Non-Fiction, not Comics.

And ditto to the views above.    Edited by Morgoth - 15 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: aditi-thakur

hi guyz i hav just got the news that star plus SERIALS ARE GOING TO publish in comics it includes historical drama -PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN and some other serials

They can't mess it up any more than they already have or do when making a serial on historical saga. 😊 

and as long as the characters are not made to come back after death.😕

Edited by lighthouse - 15 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I have no problem with historic or mythological comics. But seriously, they want to make comics on soaps. How many trees will one K soap kill in book format? Do people even have room for that many pages in their house? Can it be read in a lifetime?
corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

As pointed out above, it's not a new concept. Amar Chitra Katha have been doing it for decades now. I am in favore of this concept. Anything that makes learning fun for kids is good...as long as they don't start twisting the facts ðŸ˜Š

100% agreed - well said as usual Gauri!😊

Mind, in comics they could always improve on history......it would be very tempting....

😡M😡

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

100% agreed - well said as usual Gauri!😊

Mind, in comics they could always improve on history......it would be very tempting....

😡M😡

That can go under  a "historical fiction" label. That's interesting too! 😊