India-Forums

Congratularions Hosanna - Teacher Idol (Page 6)

Hosanna Goldie
Hosanna
Hosanna

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:35am | IP Logged

Now I know that some of you have children at home......like Serial, Netra....

Ambi. now i get it.......this Hema was a DJ once in M'sia, Spore and Sri Lanka. Yeah......she speaks Malaysian lingo alright ....

Karthi, sentence structure like - My house have many people - students refuse to correct it to - There are many people in my house.

Netra , is never the literal translation of bukan in Malay?
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

Jas

We say both. We say things like we are meeting up with friends. We do say we going out for coffee or even use cuppa. Wink

yes but the south africans say "we are at a meeting" which makes one think it is something official!

Although we do say, may I borrow..... Loan is something we use in terms of banking. But not in other terms. It is either borrow/lend. Wink you say may i borrow, but the south africans say will you borrow me a tenner or whatever!!!!

The royal English have become "rojak" as we say in Malaysia. Rojak is a food stuff which comes with curry peanut sauce with cucumbers/chestnuts/various fritters, etc.

Literally a mixup language. Big smile
Sue Nair IF-Rockerz
Sue Nair
Sue Nair

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Hosanna

Ambi. now i get it.......this Hema was a DJ once in M'sia, Spore and Sri Lanka. Yeah......she speaks Malaysian lingo alright ....

Karthi, sentence structure like - My house have many people - students refuse to correct it to - There are many people in my house.

Aiyoo teacher...my head is spinning reading the above...yet you're as steady as a rock...if I were to be in your place...I would have lost the interest for  English Language forever....

I have a friend who keeps saying "Childrens must work harder.....my childrens go to bed early..!!D'oh..evalluu correct pennallum its back to square one....!!Confused I told her the next time if I were to hear her repeating the same I will not hestiate to strangle her..!!Angry

We had foreign colleague who use to say "Pls borrow me your eraser"Angry Ippo poitaan..so my ears are not hurtful anymore..!!Clap

Edited by Sue Nair - 22 May 2008 at 9:49am
netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Hosanna

Well, it can be Bukan. But my first thought is Tidak Pernah Wink.. Im not sure if im correctLOL

Hosanna Goldie
Hosanna
Hosanna

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:01am | IP Logged

Tidak Pernah? You are the expert,Netra. My Malay is lousy! Cry

Sue - I love that "childrens" LOL

Hmmm - i guess we must not be shy about speaking a language since practice makes perfect but we also got to take note of errors pointed. Wink

Edited by Hosanna - 23 May 2008 at 6:02am
Nitipp Goldie
Nitipp
Nitipp

Posted: 31 May 2008 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Wow Hosana Clap

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Smile Smile I am sorry for wishing you late. I have not been able to visit the website for a while.
Wow Ho ...I am impressed by your perfect body Smile I agree with Sue chechi...you are too sexy for a Grandma.

Thanks Roja akka for sharing this great news with all of us. I feel very proud to be part of this great intellectual IFian community.

Love you all
Niti

Hosanna Goldie
Hosanna
Hosanna

Posted: 03 June 2008 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Hi Nitipp! You are very kind! LOL   LOL LOL
usha_pooja IF-Dazzler
usha_pooja
usha_pooja

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Congrats Akka! You are so beautiful and young. You truely deserve it.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Fun Topics Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index