India-Forums

Congratularions Hosanna - Teacher Idol (Page 4)

sankadevi30 IF-Rockerz
sankadevi30
sankadevi30

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Ho u made me think of my best english teachers prabhavathi mam ,one mam i miss the most.When we finished school we were not crying to leave our friends behind but for the reason that we have to leave this mam behind

& i am also thinking will i get a chance to be ur student Wink

i have to be careful abt what i write Embarrassed

Edited by nallu - 19 May 2008 at 9:52pm
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Dear HO,

Selamat petang Puan Rachel. (Good after noon Mrs. Rachel Big smile )

Congratulations on your success.   Clap Clap   You deserve it. I saw in Star paper the other day, but did not read it yet.

Agreed Jas/Roja. If only my teachers were smiling and laughing like you do, I think I would have taken a different line all together. Unlucky me.   Ouch   Maybe because my teachers get worried when they come to my class, because we were boistorous. So they need to show their strict face.   LOL LOL LOL

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on your success. Clap Clap Clap Bravo

Edited by Caryn - 20 May 2008 at 1:43am
Hosanna Goldie
Hosanna
Hosanna

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Thanks Nishi,Sue,Ambi,Eljay, Suram, Malligai and Caryn!

Your kind wishes and greetings add fragrance and blooms to the bouquet given by Vani,Nallu.Roja,Giri,Jas,Jagdu and Meli.

Yes Eljay, Puan in Malay means Mrs.Don't worry about spelling. Nowadays everything is accepted - spelling ala American,Malay,SMS etc

Roja, your idea is taken immediately.Synonyms it will be . Thanks.

Problem with some Malaysian students is that they think in their mother tongue and spell in the medium of instruction(Malay) when they write in English.

Here is a classic example:
I sit bas go to school.

Edited by Hosanna - 20 May 2008 at 4:23am
Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:10am | IP Logged
LOL I know what you mean, Ho. My students come out with some outrageous stuff in their answers. I gave them a problem concerning Fair and Lovely Group and they wrote "Fair and Lovely Grope"....further on, they wrote something that was "horny". I just cracked up laughing.

Congrats on being Teacher Idol and may I say that you look stunning in all three photographs. Clap Clap
Hosanna Goldie
Hosanna
Hosanna

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged
LOL yeah I guess kids in the west misuse or misspell.
How about sentence structure Karthi. What kind of errors do they make?
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:24am | IP Logged
kids in africa are horrendous in spelling...and the english it is africas own. they go out for a coffee with friends and that is a meeting. nothing official about it. they never never never ask you for a loan. they say "will you borrow me..."
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Jas

We say both. We say things like we are meeting up with friends. We do say we going out for coffee or even use cuppa. Wink

Although we do say, may I borrow..... Loan is something we use in terms of banking. But not in other terms. It is either borrow/lend. Wink

The royal English have become "rojak" as we say in Malaysia. Rojak is a food stuff which comes with curry peanut sauce with cucumbers/chestnuts/various fritters, etc.

Literally a mixup language. Big smile
kadhambari IF-Rockerz
kadhambari
kadhambari

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
hey gals,i don't know about writing but i've noticed hemamalini(yegendran's wife & malaysia vasudevan's DIL)pronounciation.it is different,both tamil & english.i heard she is 4m singapore or malaysia,is it so!!!

ps:no harm 2 anyone yaar.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Fun Topics Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index