Congratularions Hosanna - Teacher Idol - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by jasunap

mmm. ho i wish i had teachers of your calibre when i was studying.... tis never too late to enrol....is it???

Exactly my sentiments Jas - it is amazing that you echo what I have in
mind - some times😳 - work at it Jas and who knows?? U may end
up reading mad Roja's mind 😳 Jokes apart, I did have some good
teachers - Ho a tip from my English teacher - she handpicked a few
of us and made us write an essay or article - when we submit that, she
will ask us to do a total make over - replace every word with a synonym!!!
Believe me , it is real fun - I converted  the dictionary as my pillow - oru
childish expectation - night time le, all the words will get registered in
my brain!!!! My greatest pastime is to go through the dictionary and thesaurus . top book mark in my PC - Merriam-Webster😳😳
Ho u made me think of my best english teachers prabhavathi mam ,one mam i miss the most.When we finished school we were not crying to leave our friends behind but for the reason that we have to leave this mam behind

& i am also thinking will i get a chance to be ur student πŸ˜‰

i have to be careful abt what i write 😳 Edited by nallu - 15 years ago
Dear HO,

Selamat petang Puan Rachel. (Good after noon Mrs. Rachel πŸ˜ƒ )

Congratulations on your success.   πŸ‘ πŸ‘   You deserve it. I saw in Star paper the other day, but did not read it yet.

Agreed Jas/Roja. If only my teachers were smiling and laughing like you do, I think I would have taken a different line all together. Unlucky me.      Maybe because my teachers get worried when they come to my class, because we were boistorous. So they need to show their strict face.   πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on your success. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Bravo

Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
Thanks Nishi,Sue,Ambi,Eljay, Suram, Malligai and Caryn!

Your kind wishes and greetings add fragrance and blooms to the bouquet given by Vani,Nallu.Roja,Giri,Jas,Jagdu and Meli.

Yes Eljay, Puan in Malay means Mrs.Don't worry about spelling. Nowadays everything is accepted - spelling ala American,Malay,SMS etc

Roja, your idea is taken immediately.Synonyms it will be . Thanks.

Problem with some Malaysian students is that they think in their mother tongue and spell in the medium of instruction(Malay) when they write in English.

Here is a classic example:
I sit bas go to school. Edited by Hosanna - 15 years ago
πŸ˜† I know what you mean, Ho. My students come out with some outrageous stuff in their answers. I gave them a problem concerning Fair and Lovely Group and they wrote "Fair and Lovely Grope"....further on, they wrote something that was "horny". I just cracked up laughing.

Congrats on being Teacher Idol and may I say that you look stunning in all three photographs. πŸ‘ πŸ‘
πŸ˜† yeah I guess kids in the west misuse or misspell.
How about sentence structure Karthi. What kind of errors do they make?
kids in africa are horrendous in spelling...and the english it is africas own. they go out for a coffee with friends and that is a meeting. nothing official about it. they never never never ask you for a loan. they say "will you borrow me..."
Jas

We say both. We say things like we are meeting up with friends. We do say we going out for coffee or even use cuppa. πŸ˜‰

Although we do say, may I borrow..... Loan is something we use in terms of banking. But not in other terms. It is either borrow/lend. πŸ˜‰

The royal English have become "rojak" as we say in Malaysia. Rojak is a food stuff which comes with curry peanut sauce with cucumbers/chestnuts/various fritters, etc.

Literally a mixup language. πŸ˜ƒ
hey gals,i don't know about writing but i've noticed hemamalini(yegendran's wife & malaysia vasudevan's DIL)pronounciation.it is different,both tamil & english.i heard she is 4m singapore or malaysia,is it so!!!

ps:no harm 2 anyone yaar.
Oh my god!!! Ho, i read this article but never knew it was you darling.... CONGRATULATIONSSSSS. Woh am so proud that I do know you (though we never met 😊 πŸ˜† ) but really, am so proud to have a friend like you..... 😳

You look stuning and fun person to be around. You remind me lots of my Literature teacher Mrs. Mag πŸ˜ƒ

Congratulations Ho... Tahniah diatas pencapaian anda.. 😳
Edited by netra_rama - 15 years ago