Dharam Veer
Dharam Veer

STARPLUS SERIALS IN COMICS!!!

aditi-thakur Senior Member
aditi-thakur
aditi-thakur

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:08am | IP Logged

HEY GUYZZZZZZZ HERE'S THE NEWS

STAR PLUS HAS GET INTO BUSINESS OF COMICS THEIR SERIALS ARE GOING TO COME IN COMICS IT INCLUDES PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN ,SARABHAI VERSES SARABHAI NAD OTHER SERIALS NOW WE GONNA SEE RAJJY IN   COMICS

HERE'S THE LINK

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /

Wednesday, May 14 2008   RSS SMS Gadgets
Subscribe to Newsletter

TV News

TV Specials
STAR India Pvt Ltd in association with Prakash Books India Pvt. Ltd launched a set of comic books based on some of the most popular shows & characters on the network. The serials that have been converted into comics include historical mega-series Dharti Ka Veer Yodha – Prithviraj Chauhan ; comedy sitcoms Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai & Naya Office Office; sci-fi series Antariksh and fairy-tale show Son Pari.

The books were officially unveiled by the lead cast of the Star Plus's mega opulent historic show 'Dharti Ka Veer Yodha - Prithviraj Chauhan' Anas Rashid (playing the character of Prithviraj) & Sheetal Dabholkar (playing the character of Sanyogita) at the Reliance Fresh & Reliance Time Out stores in Gurgaon

Speaking on the occasion of the launch, Nanette D'sa, Senior Vice President, STAR Licensing & Merchandising said,
"Storytelling is the biggest asset of STAR, which has always been at the forefront of innovation in entertainment. Extending the vast library of our stories to a line of publishing products is a great way for us to allow our viewers to relive the stories that they have cherished on television for a long time. This further fulfils our commitment to enrich the lives of our viewers by offering them an engaging experience beyond television."

Commenting on the launch of the books, Gaurav Sabharwal, Managing Director, Prakash Books said, "STAR is undoubtedly the leader in the entertainment industry with the most popular shows and the biggest library of content. Millions of viewers spend a lot of their time everyday with characters that have almost become a part of their family. We strongly believe that people would love to read stories of their favourite shows and characters. Comics provide for light and easy reading and shows like Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, Naya Office Office and others that we have launched fit this profile of readers very well".

At the occasion Deepinder Kapany, Head of Reliance TimeOut said "We at Reliance TimeOut always aim to bring new dimensions to reading. To have the most popular TV Serials as Comics will really encourage reading amongst children and adults alike. These comics will have a very wide appeal and we are truly excited about the entire range and congratulate Star TV and Prakash Books on this unique and creative concept."

The launch of the comics is the first in the series of books that will be launched by Prakash Books under a license from STAR India Pvt Ltd. A set of cookery books is also in the process of being launched, while work is on to release novels based on popular serials.

MODS PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THIS TOPIC ATLEAST FOR 2 DAYSSSSSS PLZZZZ

Edited by aditi-thakur - 18 May 2008 at 1:10am

aditi-thakur
aditi-thakur

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:58am | IP Logged
no reply??????? Cry Cry
Sanyogeeta1 Senior Member
Sanyogeeta1
Sanyogeeta1

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:26am | IP Logged
truly i think this is bad. don't take it otherwise but making comics of the historical character and alsothis epic series which created history is insulting atleast to me
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:33am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sanyogeeta1

truly i think this is bad. don't take it otherwise but making comics of the historical character and alsothis epic series which created history is insulting atleast to me

y insulting dear, Confused we do hv our "amar chitra kathas" comics with so many historical as well as mythological characters. These comics r very popular with kids as well as grownups who grew with it Embarrassed. in fact i was introduced to many hist charctrs thru these comics. they r quite well written, illustrated & researched.

aditi-thakur
aditi-thakur

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel.4u

y insulting dear, Confused we do hv our "amar chitra kathas" comics with so many historical as well as mythological characters. These comics r very popular with kids as well as grownups who grew with it Embarrassed. in fact i was introduced to many hist charctrs thru these comics. they r quite well written, illustrated & researched.

correct Embarrassed

its not insulting they don't make it abusive they publish it as it shuld be then why insulting????????????????

cuteisha Goldie
cuteisha
cuteisha

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel.4u

ya ur right

gr8 news

thanks

aditi-thakur
aditi-thakur

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 7:02am | IP Logged
plzzzzzzz guyzzzz tell me as angel .4u and isha said is it right to publish historical character in comics or as sanyogeeta said its insulting??????????????????????? Confused
Sanyogeeta1 Senior Member
Sanyogeeta1
Sanyogeeta1

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:27am | IP Logged
I personally comics are not right maybe picture books would have been a better idea. and there you can actually use some serial stills as well. I think it would have been a better idea.

Go to top