India-Forums

Ramayan
Ramayan

y all curse vishnuji n related ones

rupalip IF-Dazzler
rupalip
rupalip

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 5:33am | IP Logged

why everyone curse Lord vishnuji, he is the preserver and all the time get punished... well, i know this is all vshnujis leela but still  am upset of these curses...  noone see what may be the result, just go ongiving curses, esp jay and vijay, vishnujis doorkeeper god dont know how many rishis cursed them,bhrigu, 4 sanat kumar, laxmiji herself cursed these two, diff stories but same reason stopped from meeting lord.

got cursed, then born thrice (1) as Hiranyaksh killed by Lord as Varah, and Hiranyakashyhyap by narsimha.

(2) was as Ravan and Kumbhkarn. 

(3)  Shishupal and Dantwakra, vishnuji as krishna ji killed these two.

one more story of curse by laxmiji to bhrigu rishi...

Lord Sri Vishnu Narayana was having a sleep on the bed of the Cobra. The Goddess Lakshmi was respectfully nursing his feet. At the very same time the Maharishi Bhrigu presented himself to the Vaykunth Loka at

the entrance.

Two Door-keepers named Jai and Vijay. First of all they welcomed Bhrigu Rishi, and after that they asked him not to enter at the moment to Lord Sri Vishnu, since he was sleeping.      Not being allowed entrance to Lord Sri Vishnu Narayana the Maharishi Bhrigu got very angry and said to Jai and Vijay: "By stopping the Maharishi Bhrigu you have insulted the most great brahmin soul. Due to that you can get a curse, which will force you to be reborn on the Earth at least three times."

When listening to this threat from Maharishi Bhrigu, Jai and Vijay both bended down their heads and were very silent. Now the Bhrigu Rishi could

enter the door, without anybody stopping him anylonger.

The Maharishi Bhrigu then entered the place where Lord Sri Vishnu Narayana was sleeping with Goddess Lakshmi at his feet. When Bhrigu Rishi saw this, he became full of anger, because he thought that Lord Vishnu was not really sleeping, but only pretending to sleep just to insult him.

This was the time, when the Maharishi Bhrigu with his right leg kicked the chest of Lord Sri Vishnu. When he was hit Lord Vishnu opened his eyes and went up.

Lord Vishnu was just astonished to see the Bhrigu Rishi standing there. So he bended down his head with folded hands, and said to Bhrigu Rishi:

"My Lord, my chest is the strongest thing in the world, like a mountain, but your feet are so soft. Maybe you got hurt while kicking me. So please forgive me for that."

While listening to the words of Lord Vishnu, the Bhrigu rishi got very calm and felt very guilty, and he asked the God please to forgive him.

As all this happened, Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth, got very angry, and she said to Maharishi Bhrigu: "By behaving this badly towards my

husband, you have insulted me. Therefor I now give a curse, so that you and all your fellow Brahmins will always live in poverty begging for your living. I will never come to your home."

After listening to this the Bhrigu Rishi said: "Poverty Lakshmi! Whatever crime I did was in anger, and I have already asked the Lord Sri

Vishnu to forgive me. By not thinking very nicely, you have now given this curse to me and my fellow Brahmins. But anyway what has happened has happened. I will now write a Jyotish Grantha, from which the Brahmins can predict all about the past, present and future of every

person in the world. They will get good knowledge as well as good earnings from this. They will be able to earn their livelihood. And this way you have got to come to their home anyhow!"

Having said this Maharishi Bhrigu went back to his ashram, and wrote his book known as "Bhrigu Samhita" which contains the life-stories of

the past, present and future of all the people in the world on the basis of their Janma-kundalies.

First of all Bhrigu Rishi taught the principles of this Grantha to his own son and disciple Shukra. By Shukra it was little by little distributed to the Brahmins all over the world.

On the basis of this the Brahmins have predicted about the past, present and future, and made a living from that.

coolpurvi Goldie
coolpurvi
coolpurvi

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:21am | IP Logged
'Prabhu ki leela prabhu hi jaane'

Edited by coolpurvi - 17 May 2008 at 6:22am
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged
THANKS A bunch rupa for this great piece of info.

u always provide all of us with great info. abt RAMAYAN .

very grave thought tht why always vishnuji was ALWAYS cursed ????

i saw tht in an old hindi movie tht lakshmi ji was the daugter of rishi brighu & rishi brighu kicked right at vishnuji's chest !!! with anger !! tht was really a blunder & unethical from brighu rishi's part !!!! how can being a rishi he behaved in tht in-decent way with vishnuji !!

lakshmi ji said tht ------how indecently u beahved with ur jamata ???????

rupa i don't remember the name of tht hindi movie from where this scenes was shown ????

but it's really paththetic tht these rishi's use to behave in such a kiddish way when they used to curse others & esp how badly they cursed their own BHAGWAN NARAYAN !!

BUT KICKING SOMEONE AT HEART IS THEMOST DISGUSTING & INDECENT ACT tht anyone cud ever think of !!!!!

rupa can u tell me how come lakshmiji was the daughter of brighu rishi as it was shown in tht movie ??????
-Frozen- IF-Sizzlerz
-Frozen-
-Frozen-

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 7:14am | IP Logged
thanx for d info Tongue
akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Laxmi incarnated as Bhrigu and Khyati's daughter. Khyati was Bhrigu's wife.
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
THANKS A BUNCH AKHL !!!! for the info.
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 5:38am | IP Logged
poor vishnuji might be used to of getting curses in his life !!!

vishnuji & lakshmiji suffered the most in their avatar forms & thses two only got all curses in their lives !!

i really feel soooooooooooooooooooo sad & dejected at this !!!
akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Yes, Vishnu got lots of curses and he accepted them all. But Vishnu ji is simultaneously present in spiritual world and also in material world. There is Vaikunth Dham in spiritual world. Vishnu manifests Vaikunth Dham in material world also, for the purpose of his devotees.
Everybody cannot go to the Vaikunth of spiritual world. Only those, who are fully liberated can go there, because one who goes to Vaikunth does not fall from there. This means that these Bhrigu, Durwasa etc. did not go to the Vaikunth of spiritual world, but of material world.
I am writing this on the basis of Shastras. It is written in Bhagavatam that one incarnation of Lord Vishnu was Ajit. He created Vaikunth. But it is also written in shastras that Vaikunth is eternal. If it is eternal, then how did Vishnu create it? The answer is that he created another Vaikunth.
When Vishnu accepts a curse, then in one form, he suffers (or rather seems to suffer) from curse. But, in another form, he is eternally happy with Laxmi ji in spiritual world's Vaikunth.

Go to top