DOTW: Aek Chabi Creatives - be careful.!!

Posted: 15 years ago

Hi, I guess everyone on this forum must hv guessed what this topic is about. I wanted to summerise everything we are feeling about Aek chabi epiosodes we are getting lately..

Right, every viewer here is feeling Chabi is going in a wrong direction lately, and they need to wake up and do something about it before its too late.

major factors are:

Its just not like the classic chaabi anymore. - the uniqueness and the freshness of the ideas in we got in 1st year or so is completely lacking.

The story was concentrating at least 35-40% on Sandeep-Urmi every episode previously. It didn't had move anywhere everytime, but stll watching them was a pleasure and the ideas for their scenes were fresh and unique.

Now - we hardly get to see them - and never with moholla. If its a moholla, we dont see S-U at all.. and S-U story needs to be definitly less depressing... the repeatations are not putting us off..

Characters inconsistencies :

Aek chabi's characters were amazingly consistent until a month or so ago.. but its rapidly chanhging now.

e.g.

Pammi - she was very different and quite understanding (sometimes) in sona's wedding.. she wasn't the most clever person around.. but still.. they totally overdid her gossiping around in post-holi episode. Its just wasnt like pammi anymore..

Sandeep - Everyone on this forum and outside agrees his hair is ruining his chatacter and the very beautiful chemistry between Urmi-Sandeep. The main attraction of the show!

Sandeep's chatacter - people loved his character beacuse he was unique, full of life and beleived in what he is doing. to give an example, Sona's wedding episode - A conversation between sandeep-sagar! - It was very amazingly handled. πŸ‘ Thats where I actually started liking Sandeep and the show, b'coz it was so different and unique and yet very true.

The sandeep we are getting lately is completly clashing that character and is someone you just cant connect to. He is the main part of the show.. and u just cant afford to mess his character like this!

I even found urmi's behaviour hard to connect to her past episodes sometimes... and their story is lacking creativity..

Other stories - well half of the ppl are not there! if its a moholla show, you gotto show moholla ppl..! u really cannot compromise this.. even their stories are getting dull and dragging..

Dialogues - this is another major issue! They are hardly funny neither are they witty!! .. its just not like chaabi anymore.

If they want ideas, they could look around. India-Forums is a best place to get idea of what ppl want! Communicate with the viewers, like they did in past. That is if they care..

Overall

We suggest, refresh your memories, watch old classic episodes like sona's wedding, urmi's kidneystone chapter etc... even raamlila preparation episode. and diwali..

and give us old magic chabi back. we really do love this show.. and we would be very sad to watch it loose its charm. hence this post!😊

If they dont do something to get those golden days back, well.. viewers are already loosing hopes and interest and we really do not want that happen! 😊.

Aek Chabi still is one of the, if not the best show on Indian TV.. we just dont want it to suddenly go in some wrong direction..

P.S.: sorry u guys, I know we decided not to give advices and stuff, but I m just summerising how we all feel from diff posts..

This is my last hope really..

so do reply ppl, I m goinging to do whatever I can to make sure this post reaches their team.

Edited by ketaki_ry - 15 years ago
Well put Kets! πŸ‘ Good summary of our feelings..I really hope you can get this to the production team.Edited by Nisha_07 - 15 years ago
hmm...........very well put......... πŸ‘ i hope they read it n act on it.........
Hi ket..its an excellent synopsys..however i must confess as far as i am concerned i am facing only two problems as a viewer..one Sandeep....major makeover required in looks personality dialogues..second problem i have is stories must have everyone present. Like you rightly said if u/s story is there..rest are missing...they should try get all of them together to portray a typical mohalla!!..you know i quite like Pammi..her character ..she makes us laugh..and stories...its still ok.. and lets not forget after all they cant produce an A1 episode every single week!!..i am even fine with that!.as long as i can have fantastic entertainment and a great laugh every 2-3 weeks even.... basically i am facing a problem accepting Sandeep being overshadowed bigtime and absence of typical mohalla atmosphere!!!..thats all really........
But all in all it would be absolutely fantastic if all the above you mentioned could be worked upon...that would be too good to be true!!! Edited by Fazila~ - 15 years ago
Agreed Kets but since this is DOTW lets discuss more πŸ˜ƒ .. I think for mohalla members being absent nobody can do anything not even the production house..So we cant really bother them on that..But I agree we miss them all being together.. Lately the stories in chaabhi have been ok with no great punchlines..Thankfully the deewanes have been there throughout..If they can introduce new and interesting characters then viewers can enjoy that.. One mohalla neednt have only one Urmi Sandy we can have more.. 😳 We can have a new family moving in..This can help the creative to get better stories instead of creating stories for existing available resources.. But for all this I think they should stop dragging things and give them a meaningful end.. 😳  I am just waiting to see a grand mohalla shaadi and lets see how much the deewanas dance this timeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†Edited by monu1101 - 15 years ago
A request to all the members....plz dont attack the actors.. meaning Varun Badola, thats against the rules of IF...see Kets knows the rules thats y she has used Sandeep urmi, pammi, n not their real names......im sure u all dont know about this rule, and now u know, so plz be careful ni future....... πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›
Originally posted by Fazila~

A request to all the members....plz dont attack the actors.. meaning Varun Badola, thats against the rules of IF...see Kets knows the rules thats y she has used Sandeep urmi, pammi, n not their real names......im sure u all dont know about this rule, and now u know, so plz be careful ni future....... πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

But we have been attacking his hair bigtime for a month or over now i think!!!!...come on my dear .......its pretty obvious we mean varun badola needs a haircut..howcome no one objected!!!....anyway i dont feel anyone has offended any actor or varun badola for that matter....if we have commented its all light!!!!...which is hopefully what this forum is all about...we are not having fun at his expense...we are only being honest which i hope is not forbidden!!!!!!..i am only here for fun and my views from day 1 have been honest from within my heart...i hope it can remain like that...because i think we all mean well!!!!
Originally posted by Fazila~

By the way..i dont know any of the actors real name except sandeeps and urmi!!!!...so dont worry.... πŸ˜‰

yes, It will be ok as long as we dont really abuse them. and I know we wont. coz we do really like them!

Discussing them, their hair, their career is fine. 😊 thats what fans do.

Anyways, everyone knows what 'sandeep needs a haircut' means. πŸ˜› (ecxept him probably.. )

but yes, Haircut is not the only thing - Sandeep himself is lost somewhere in the story... the one we are getting - as nisha rightly said - the sandeep 'Attitude', his thinking (great example will be sona's wedding) his happy nature is completly missing!! πŸ˜•

They need to concentrate more on script really. b'coz Aek chabi's beauty was never in hi-funda tufani drama, it was in subtle things (like dialogues and characters..).. and they can be easily damaged..  So be careful Makers.. please! 😭

if that doesnt come back, the show is gonna loose its charm in no time!... and I would be very sad..

Edited by ketaki_ry - 15 years ago
Originally posted by ketaki_ry

yes, It will be ok as long as we dont really abuse them. and I know we wont. coz we do really like them! Discussing them, their hair, their career is fine. 😊 thats what fans do. Anyways, everyone knows what 'sandeep needs a haircut' means. πŸ˜› (ecxept him probably.. ) but yes, Haircut is not the only thing - Sandeep himself is lost somewhere in the story... the one we are getting - as nisha rightly said - the sandeep 'Attitude', his thinking (great example will be sona's wedding) his happy nature is completly missing!! πŸ˜•

Same feelings exactly!...sandeep is not the same sandeep...period!

They need to concentrate more on script really. b'coz Aek chabi's beauty was never in hi-funda tufani drama, it was in subtle things (like dialogues and characters..).. and they can be easily damaged.. So be careful Makers.. please! 😭if that doesnt come back, the show is gonna loose its charm in no time!... and I would be very sad..