Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
^ I think you are correct, I have come across that story too. I am saying that it is also found in some other versions of the epic. And this story - variations on it - are found in many of these versions. I'm aware of the women's songs. BTW, there is a version which says the Ravan portrait actually came to life (temporarily)! πŸ˜‰ Edited by Kal El - 15 years ago
Shruti11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kal El

^ I think you are correct, I have come across that story too. I am saying that it is also found in some other versions of the epic. And this story - variations on it - are found in many of these versions. I'm aware of the women's songs. BTW, there is a version which says the Ravan portrait actually came to life (temporarily)! πŸ˜‰

yes it is same version i just hate this version
coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I u r true bhakt then don't believe such 'BAKWASS' versions.

n if u r not a bhakt but u want to have empirical study on Ram-Sita then learn Valmiki Ramayana or learn Sanskrit n other languages n take a unbiased study of the texts. U'll know the truth. Edited by coolpurvi - 15 years ago
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

BTW, I can understand the hatred towards Kaikayi, but why Bharat? πŸ˜•

I think you are referring to Sita's post in which she has written, "I hate Kaikeyi from the bottom of my heart just like Bharat."

It seems you are thinking that Sita (i.e. the user Sita11) hates Kaikeyi and Bharat. But I am sure she meant something else. I think she wanted to say that just like Bharat hated Kaikeyi, the same way she (Sita11) also hates Kaikeyi. Anyway, she is the best person to clarify what she meant.
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: shruti_gauri1

actually this story is written in 1 south version oof ramayana in that they potray ramji as villan and u know according to that version painting was made bu soophnakha because she want revenge and kaikey help her in that  by putting that pic under sita bed and u know wat else was there according to that version ram got so angry that he order laxman to kill sita and bring proof but laxman consider sita as her mother so he left her in the forest and then he kill 1 deer and bring back his blood for proof

i simply hate that version because it potray ram ji as villian and ravan as hero🀒

THANKS !! SHRUTI !!! for telling tht in south version of ramayan ram is portrayed as villain 🀒🀒

oh!! i simply hate such fake & destorted versions ,valmiki & ramcharit manas by tulsidas are the best versions oframayan becaz both tulsidas & valmiki met lord rama themselves !!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

i hate all such craps abt RAM-SITA !!🀒

sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

^ That story is actually found in more than 1 version of the Ramayan. And not just the south if I recall correctly. I'll try and look it up. 😊

Ram is criticized in several versions both written and oral to this day. There are so many versions (literally hundreds) of the epic that this is not surprising actually. These myths have been floating around for centuries and different communities interpreted and/or viewed them differently. It is understandable though that in today's world where the Tulsidas version reigns supreme, the other ones may be indigestible for many ppl. Anyway that's a different issue. πŸ˜‰

BTW, I can understand the hatred towards Kaikayi, but why Bharat? πŸ˜•

I MEANT tht just like bhrat (who hates kaikyeye from his heart) i too hate kaiyeye from the bottom of my heart !!

bhrat was  a great soul !! how can u ever think tht i wud write for bharat in tht way !!

i hate kaikyeye & ravan & manthra all ,theya all were😑

Edited by sita11 - 15 years ago
Shruti11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sita11

THANKS !! SHRUTI !!! for telling tht in south version of ramayan ram is portrayed as villain 🀒🀒

oh!! i simply hate such fake & destorted versions ,valmiki & ramcharit manas by tulsidas are the best versions oframayan becaz both tulsidas & valmiki met lord rama themselves !!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

i hate all such craps abt RAM-SITA !!🀒

same here sita simply hate this version
coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Totally agree wid Sita di n Shruti. These versions r simply
Bakwass. I hate them.
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: coolpurvi

Totally agree wid Sita di n Shruti. These versions r simply
Bakwass. I hate them.

yes why people study these versions. me hate it too
aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry but these dont seem like authentic versions. The main South Ramayan is by Kamban and I doubt he talks such crap