India-Forums

Ramayan
Ramayan

DRONAGIRI village secret !! (Page 2)

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
^ That story is actually found in more than 1 version of the Ramayan. And not just the south if I recall correctly. I'll try and look it up. Smile

Ram is criticized in several versions both written and oral to this day. There are so many versions (literally hundreds) of the epic that this is not surprising actually. These myths have been floating around for centuries and different communities interpreted and/or viewed them differently. It is understandable though that in today's world where the Tulsidas version reigns supreme, the other ones may be indigestible for many ppl. Anyway that's a different issue. Wink

BTW, I can understand the hatred towards Kaikayi, but why Bharat? Confused

Edited by Kal El - 17 May 2008 at 2:42pm

Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

^ That story is actually found in more than 1 version of the Ramayan. And not just the south if I recall correctly. I'll try and look it up. Smile

Ram is criticized in several versions both written and oral to this day. There are so many versions (literally hundreds) of the epic that this is not surprising actually. These myths have been floating around for centuries and different communities interpreted/viewed them differently. It is understandable though that in today's world where the Tulsidas version reigns supreme, the other ones may be indigestible for many ppl. Anyway that's a different issue. Wink

actually that version is women version women sing ramayana and it if i rember clearly then it is south version
Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
^ I think you are correct, I have come across that story too. I am saying that it is also found in some other versions of the epic. And this story - variations on it - are found in many of these versions. I'm aware of the women's songs. BTW, there is a version which says the Ravan portrait actually came to life (temporarily)! Wink

Edited by Kal El - 17 May 2008 at 2:55pm
Shruti11 IF-Sizzlerz
Shruti11
Shruti11

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

^ I think you are correct, I have come across that story too. I am saying that it is also found in some other versions of the epic. And this story - variations on it - are found in many of these versions. I'm aware of the women's songs. BTW, there is a version which says the Ravan portrait actually came to life (temporarily)! Wink

yes it is same version i just hate this version
coolpurvi Goldie
coolpurvi
coolpurvi

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:27pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

akhl IF-Rockerz
akhl
akhl

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

I think you are referring to Sita's post in which she has written, "I hate Kaikeyi from the bottom of my heart just like Bharat."

It seems you are thinking that Sita (i.e. the user Sita11) hates Kaikeyi and Bharat. But I am sure she meant something else. I think she wanted to say that just like Bharat hated Kaikeyi, the same way she (Sita11) also hates Kaikeyi. Anyway, she is the best person to clarify what she meant.
sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged

Content Removed

sitakshii IF-Stunnerz
sitakshii
sitakshii

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 2:23am | IP Logged

Ram is criticized in several versions both written and oral to this day. There are so many versions (literally hundreds) of the epic that this is not surprising actually. These myths have been floating around for centuries and different communities interpreted and/or viewed them differently. It is understandable though that in today's world where the Tulsidas version reigns supreme, the other ones may be indigestible for many ppl. Anyway that's a different issue. Wink

I MEANT tht just like bhrat (who hates kaikyeye from his heart) i too hate kaiyeye from the bottom of my heart !!

bhrat was  a great soul !! how can u ever think tht i wud write for bharat in tht way !!

i hate kaikyeye & ravan & manthra all ,theya all wereAngry

Edited by sita11 - 18 May 2008 at 2:24am

Go to top