India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The best and worst of Preity-Ash at Canne

gossipgurls IF-Rockerz
gossipgurls
gossipgurls

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 4:12am | IP Logged

fter experimenting desperately with their wardrobes these ladies have come of their own

1 of 12  
It was onoly a matter of time before the most coveted beauties of Bollywood made an appearance at the Cannes Film Festival. A lot has been said about our stunners in terms of their elegance and poise. Some criticised them whereas some applauded them... all for good reason though. Check out our very own Aishwarya Rai and Preity Zinta and their sometimes disasterous appearances at Cannes.
2 of 12  

Preity Zinta, 2007

This dimpled beauty made an appearance at the Cannes almost half a decade after Ash. Preity was at the Festival as an ambassador of the international jewellery brand, Chopard. Dressed in a short golden balloon dress, Preity certainly looked like she could do with some lessons in red carpet dressing. Seen with her is Caroline Gruose-Scheufele, the Co-President of Chopard.

3 of 12  

But Preity has always been a bit of a fast learner. Black can rarely go wrong and Preity Zinta picked up this little fashion tip much much faster than Aishwarya Rai.

4 of 12  

Preity Zinta, 2008

Blue has not exactly been a tried-and-tested colour on the red carpet. But this year, Preity dared and we didn't entirely mind. The deep neck and low back Alberta Ferretti evening gown certainly made her stand out, not to mention the minimalistic jewellery. And yes we haven't missed Preity's brand new hairdo. But for some strange reason, she looked tad stiff. Wonder why...

5 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2003

As part of the jury, Ash seemed keen to make her presence felt at the Cannes. This infamous dress, which made her look like she'd torn a curtain from her house earned her enough flak for a lifetime.

6 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2003

If that wasn't bad enough, this parrot green outfit came right out of her suitcase and screamed… or should we say screeched (for that's what parrots do) on the red carpet. We were speechless and still are.

7 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2004

Bling is in, but only in India. This was a lesson that Ash may have learnt this year. Certainly not as bad as the last couple of years, this one is certainly not in her wardrobe anymore.

8 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2005

Floral prints came right back into fashion and so did Ash at the Cannes. Admittedly one of her better dresses, Ash certainly was making her presence felt.

9 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2006

The snake-inspired neck-piece certainly got some amount of positive reactions along with her navy blue dress. But we'd say Ash now had to take lessons in posing right. Notice the way her leg juts out of the slit...

10 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2007

And then she discovered black. Just out of her svelte Dhoom 2 look, Ash had finally arrived on the Cannes red carpet.

11 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan, 2007

Arriving with her as a package deal was Abhishek Bachchan. Looking dapper in this black suit, Abhi walked alongside his more famous wife. The evident awkwardness showed. But his first appearance at the Cannes was certainly far better than Ash's.

12 of 12  

Aishwarya Rai, 2008

Her dress, her walk, her air kisses... it couldn't have been any better. Cannes was now almost second home. Five years after she first walked the carpet Ash Rai Bachchan finally hit it right. And India celebrated.

Sorry if already posted.

Cheers!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36waterlily_126

babiigurl Senior Member
babiigurl
babiigurl

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:04am | IP Logged
i agree with the article... but i guess everyone has to make a mistake in order to learn from it later
maroon Senior Member
maroon
maroon

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged
LOL LOL that green thing was the worst. i wouldnt wear that if someone paid me to wear it!!
Mrs-KaranKundra IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs-KaranKundra
Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:14am | IP Logged
i think they both luked best in black
abhikidiwani Goldie
abhikidiwani
abhikidiwani

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:15am | IP Logged
thanks
i didn't like the green one
missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Smile
tangina r IF-Rockerz
tangina r
tangina r

Rock n Roll Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:18am | IP Logged
^ i totay agree LOL
gossipgurls IF-Rockerz
gossipgurls
gossipgurls

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by maroon

LOL LOL that green thing was the worst. i wouldnt wear that if someone paid me to wear it!!

I agree... LOL

Go to top