Sports/Cricket

India-Forums

Sports/Cricket
Sports/Cricket

Whom to blame for RC's bad performance?

Poll Question: Whom should one blame for the Royal Challenger’s bad performance?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [14.29%]
5 [71.43%]
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Leo IF-Dazzler
Leo
Leo

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:07am | IP Logged
We have been seeing news abt the sacking of the  Bangalore Royal Challengers team selector Charu Sharma and all.....now....I wanna know.....what our IFians think abt it??? Whom should we blame?

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Lolz if I had to choose..den I wud hv said..can't say..or maybe..bad luck..cuz wen sum1 in the team..cicks den the oder doesn't..Dravid hs done well..even Zaheer..n the bowlers..r doing well..bt den thr maybe bad luck or smthng..makes dem defeated..
Knicks420 IF-Rockerz
Knicks420
Knicks420

Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
they need some more better players on their team
hanna_montana Groupbie
hanna_montana
hanna_montana

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:49am | IP Logged
well bad luck n also becos u c the format of T20 is such tht u need to be on ur toes .alert,ready active in mind,always planning at each ball....so a minute mistake n u lose the whole match ...

c how delhi lost its games ,mostly in last overs , n also at times slite wrong decisions by captain (like when viru decided to ball one over in rain affected match against mohali.
also c how much bad luk delhi had that day ,they were
94 for 1 in 8.1 overs n den this rain thing happened
n all was lost.
so its a little bit of everything
coolsonu IF-Rockerz
coolsonu
coolsonu

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Is Charu Sharma the selector or the team CEO????? Confused
I think Charu's the CEO!! Confused

coz selection is done by the team management including manager,coach n captain! Confused

Anywayz, back to the poll...
For RCB's bad performance, I'll blame the team owner,captain and whoever selects the playing XI.

Owner because...the players he bought!!! Confused C'mon..man! Are Kallis,Chanderpaul and even Dravid himself T 20 players from any angle?? Confused
Infact, Kallis and Chanderpaul have been blamed for numerous defeats of their respectiv national teams because the slowness wid which they bat!!
   I blame Dravid n the selectors because of the wrong team combinations they've played soo far.. playing Kallis n Chanderpaul together..u can't just afford that!!! Confused

And then keeping the 'world's best T20 Player' as declared by cricket experts, Misbah out in the dug out for sooo many matches!!!! Confused
Misbah is one person who can almost single handedly take the game home!!!And they kept him out for soo many matches.. and then, when they started playing him, they kept sending him at no. 5 or 6 most of the times with exception of a couple of matches!!

shellytt Senior Member
shellytt
shellytt

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by coolsonu

Is Charu Sharma the selector or the team CEO????? Confused
I think Charu's the CEO!! Confused

coz selection is done by the team management including manager,coach n captain! Confused

Anywayz, back to the poll...
For RCB's bad performance, I'll blame the team owner,captain and whoever selects the playing XI.

Owner because...the players he bought!!! Confused C'mon..man! Are Kallis,Chanderpaul and even Dravid himself T 20 players from any angle?? Confused
Infact, Kallis and Chanderpaul have been blamed for numerous defeats of their respectiv national teams because the slowness wid which they bat!!
   I blame Dravid n the selectors because of the wrong team combinations they've played soo far.. playing Kallis n Chanderpaul together..u can't just afford that!!! Confused

And then keeping the 'world's best T20 Player' as declared by cricket experts, Misbah out in the dug out for sooo many matches!!!! Confused
Misbah is one person who can almost single handedly take the game home!!!And they kept him out for soo many matches.. and then, when they started playing him, they kept sending him at no. 5 or 6 most of the times with exception of a couple of matches!!

I respect your opinion in this matter but i feel that I must comment and defend  the Chanderpaul aspect of your  comment. It is utterly incorrect to state that Chanderpaul has been "often" balamed for West Indies losses because of the slowness in which he bats. Yes I agree that he is slow and his style is much suited for Test cricket, but as a west indian, I can say that Chanderpaul has not (in recent history) been blamed for any of our losses because of the pace at which he bats. Chanderpaul is viewed by many in the region as in fact being our saving grace in both test and ODIs.

Regarding 20-20 tournements, it must be noted that this form of the game is not new to the Caribbean as we have had a regional 20-20 tournments for the  past few years, in which players from the west indies team have all participated at some point which much success, as can be evidenced by Dwayne Bravo's performance for teh Mumbai Indians. Chanderpaul's country as a matter of fact being one of the better countries in the tournement. Though admittingly Chanderpaul has had limited participation in the tournments due to unavoidable factors, he is still recognized as an intergral part of his national team (in ALL forms of the game) and also is viewed as a pivotal part of the West Indies team.

The "blame" for the Royal Challengers performance cannot be placed solely on the shoulders of any one or two players, nor can it be placed solely on the shoulders of team management. Players were "bought" on reputation and many of these players, Kallis, Dravid, Chanderpaul and others have proven success in ODIs which is what selectors would have looked at as a reference to their selection. We have to remember that these players are not accostomed to playing with each other regularly so that some adjustments would need to be made there, bad form (as can sometimes happen in cricket), or simply playing agaist teams able to handle these situations better and yes sometimes bad decisons regarding batting positions, bowling etc. are all factors that can be "blamed" for the teams bad performance.  But we must remember that this is cricket and anything can happen (need I remind anyone of India v Bangaldesh in the World Cup last year or Pakistan v Ireland ?)

Wow, I didn't realize that this post would be so long. Now I understand that my opinion may be biased (seeing as I'm a West Indian), so I hope that I didn't offend anyone. This is just my thoughts on the topic. Smile

Edited by shellytt - 21 May 2008 at 10:31am
Leo IF-Dazzler
Leo
Leo

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged
@ Shellytt and coolsonu

Its good to hear that you guys read the long posts and comment on it! Big smile This is the kind of discussion that our I-F mods appreciate!

But yeah...shelly...u were biased! LOL But I do have to agree that Chanderpaul is not such a slow paced batsman....I am not so sure but the part of him that I have watched, he doesn't bore me with his batting! Smile

Coolsonu...I respect your views....but I think Kallis is not boring player!! I mean he might be a little slowpaced but he does entertain the crowd with his fours and sixes!

We all though that Dravid is not a T20 player...but he went on hitting sixes and fours and actually made 75 runs with less balls!! Smile I couldn't believe it...i thought it was Dravid's t20 playing twin or something! LOL But then....you gotta give players the chance to show their skills na....
so both of u are right in your own way! Big smile
shellytt Senior Member
shellytt
shellytt

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Generally Chanders is slow paced (never boring Wink , yes biased again), but when the situation calls for it he knows how to adjust his game to suit. Added to that, Chanderpaul has been constant on the WI team for something close to 14 years now (I didn't realize its been that long..! Confused ), so he has the experience to play any form of cricket., so I would never count his as NOT being a 20-20 cricketer.

Go to top