Fan Fictions

Strings of Fate (Completed!) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
That night, Saagar was watching T.V with Aryan on his lap when the bell rang.

Saagar: That must be Rhia

Aryan: Your girlfriend?

Saagar: She is NOT my girlfriend, now behave.

The guard opened the gates and allowed Rhia to approach the front door where Saagar stood already. He gave her a hug and moved back when he truly took a good look at her appearance. A bulky shopping bag hung in one hand and he threw her a questioning look.

Rhia: I told you I'd come prepared (grins)

Saagar: What are these? (takes a peak inside and groans) ahh no rhia, you didnt...you didnt! You shouldnt have! Damn it, if I'd known you'd do this, I would have never asked you to come over

He put his hands on his face but Rhia nudged him aside so she could enter. Placing the bag on the couch she stretched her arms out and noticed Aryan lingering around in the back out of the corner of her eye. She turned towards him and motioned for him to come over. Perplexed, the little boy pointed to himself in surprise and then shrugged and came over cautiously.

Rhia (holding her hand out): Come on, dont be afraid.

Once he was by her side, she knelt down and held out her hand.

Rhia: We didnt get introduced properly. Or shall I say, you didnt introduce urself. Tell me Aryan, do you like cars?

Aryan (taking and shaking her hand): Uhh, yeah, I love cars.

Rhia: Then I hope you like this.

She reached inside the bag and pulled out a wrapped package. Aryan's eyes instantly widened and he shivered with delight as she offered it to him.

Rhia: A little gift for a little boy

Aryan: Oh wow! A present!

He snatched the package and ran to the couch while Saagar made his way behind Rhia and tapped her on the shoulder. No matter how hard he tried, he couldnt hide his pleasure.

Saagar: That was foul play, you know that? Rhia, why did you? I mean, you shouldnt have, really.

Rhia (hushing him): Shh, look

She pointed towards Aryan's excited face and his rapid fingers as he tore the paper off. He squealed when he saw the remote control car that she had gifted him and grinned in excitement.

Aryan: This is so awesome!

Saagar folded his arms and looked at Rhia in appreciation, then at Aryan, a little stricter.

Saagar: Aryan, what do we say?

Aryan (looking up): Oh yeah!

He put the toy aside and ran towards Rhia, still knelt on the ground, and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Aryan: Thank you! You're the best!

She put her hand where he had kissed him and smiled unconscionable, and then broke out into laughter. She couldnt explain why his joy made her feel so special. Somehow, winning the little boy's heart felt like an accomplishment. Just then, she felt someone else's presence in the room. Turning around, she saw Neha leaning against a pillar with her arms folded. "Now the harder part," she thought. She smiled and walked up to Neha with a small package in her hand that she withdrew from the bag. Despite her efforts, the girl's eyes sparked with interest when she glanced at the small present.

Rhia: Here, I saw this and thought that you might like it. (offers the wrapped present)

The girl eyed the present with keen interest and stared at it for a few seconds. Saagar bit his lips anxiously while Rhia tried to remain firm. Finally, against her will, Neha slowly took the present. Rhia's smile widened and she nodded at the package.

Rhia: Go on, open it!

Neha tore the paper off slowly and opened the case. A dazzling bracelet graced her eyes, and Rhia thought she saw a small smile tug at the girl's lips, and then she masked it again with that sober expression. But this time when she looked at Rhia, the hostility was gone from her eyes.

Neha (softly): Thank you.

Rhia (smiling): You're welcome

The girl turned around and trudged back up the stairs. Feeling that she had made an improvement, she looked back at Saagar and gave a confident smile.

Rhia: Told ya I'd come prepared.

He shook his head in disbelief and laughed.

Saagar: You are unbelievable, you know that?

Rhia: Thanks! (looking towards the stairs) Is she always like that?

Saagar (frowning): No, she was such a happy kid, but lately she's grown so bitter. I know I cant be home all the time, but I honestly try my best. I dunno Rhia, I feel like I'm losing my baby girl.

Rhia: Have you tried talking to her?

Saagar (confused): Talking to her? Does that help?

Rhia (stunned): Saagar, you never tried to talk to her?!?

Saagar (defensive): What? I mean, if something's bothering her, she'll just come and tell me. She always does!

Rhia: Really, when was the last time she told you anything?

Saagar: Well...(pauses as if struck by a thought) uhhh...

Rhia (rolling her eyes): Saagar, you are ONE CLUELESS FATHER!

Saagar: I'm sorry, but why wont she just come to me if she needs help?

Rhia: Coz she's almost a teenager, and they never come to you. You have to go to them, especially girls!

Saagar (feeling dumb): Ohh...

She looked back at the stairs and started to feel an unexplainable urge.

Rhia: Saagar, I'm gonna go talk to her.

Saagar (eyes widen): WHAT? Rhia are you sure? Neha's in a very sour mood. She may end up saying something that might offend you.

Rhia: She's just a kid, I can handle it. Let me try atleast.

She waited for his approval, and finally, after debating on it, he reluctantly nodded.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Strings of Fate (Completed!) (Page 4)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Rhia ascended the staircase slowly, deliberating her moves in advance. A new hallway came into view, and for a moment, she was confused as to which room was Neha's. She finally spotted a "Do No Disturb" sign on one of the doors and inferred that it must be a teenager's room. She halted in front of the closed door and knocked cautiously. At first there was no response and she was about to turn back when the door swung open behind her and Neha stood with an irritated look.

Neha (surprised): You? What do you want?

Rhia (putting on smile): Nothing, just wanted to check out your room. Is that ok?

Neha (after a pause): I guess

She moved aside and allowed Rhia to enter her room. Rhia walked around in a full circle, taking in all the posters, the photos, and stuffed animals placed around the room, and then at Neha, who by now had began to sort her C.Ds.

Rhia: Nice room

Neha (turning around expressionless): Thanks

The girl's adament stare was starting to unnerve Rhia, so she turned around to leave. Right at the last moment, she turned around and spoke.

Rhia: Neha, I know you may not like me very much, but I want you to know, that if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here.

Neha's eyes softened and her brows shot up in amusement, yet she didnt say anything that second. Right when Rhia was about to leave she called her back.

Neha: Wait! (when Rhia turned around) Why would you care?

Rhia: Well, coz I was a teenager once, and I know how hard it really is to try and fit in with everyone, and the pressures you have to go through, especially if you're a girl.

Neha (sitting at the edge of the bed): You really understand?

Rhia: I think I do. You wanna talk?

Her head remained down for a few moments before she finally looked up and nodded wordlessly.

Rhia (feeling relieved): Great, here, let me just shut the door so no one can listen.

After making sure the door was firmly closed, Rhia made her way to the bed and sat on the edge like the young girl.

Rhia: So, tell me. How's life?

Neha (looking down): Its ok

Rhia: Just ok?

Neha: Yeah...

Rhia (sensing her feelings): What's wrong?

This time when Neha raised her head, her eyes were flooded with tears and her mouth quivered from the strain of holding back her emotions.

Neha: Everything...(wipes eyes) Everything sucks! School sucks! I hate my life! I hate growing up! I wish I never had to grow up!

Taken aback by the emotional outburst Rhia ravaged her mind for ways she could calm the girl down. Instinctively, she drew her close into a protective hug.

Rhia: Oh sweetheart, its ok. Twelve's an aweful age, just aweful. You're not a kid, you're not a teen, you're just stuck in the middle.

Neha (drawing back): And on top of that, I'm so UGLY!

Rhia (frowing): Woah woah, who said that?

Neha (through her tears): No one has to say it, I can see, I have eyes!

Rhia: First of all, you are NOT ugly. You are a very pretty girl, and never question that (wipes her eyes). Saagar tells me that you're very talented as well. You can play the piano, is that correct?

Neha nodded and then burst back into tears. Rhis held the sobbing girl's body close and tried to think of a solution to this problem.

Rhia: Ok, I have an idea. I'll show you just how beautiful you are. (she takes the girl's round framed glasses off and observes her eyes) Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. But tell me, who bought you these glasses?

Neha: Dad...

Rhia (rolling her eyes): Surprise surprise. K, tomorrow, I'm going to take you with me, and we'll get you a new pair of glasses. There are such cute frames out nowadays that you dont have to be stuck wtih these (holds them up). And lets do your hair, shall we?

She ran her hand through Neha's knotted and curled hair and pursed her lips in thought.

Rhia: Do you have a straightener?

Neha shook her head.

Rhia: How about a blow dryer?

This time she nodded.

Rhia: Perfect! That'll work! Show me your wardrobe as well, I wanna try this look with you.

And Rhia was off working with the girl. Within a few minutes, Neha forgot all her formalities with the "stranger" and took Rhia in as if she was a lost friend. Meanwhile, Saagar was pacing outside the locked door imaging the worse possible scenarios. Finally, he couldnt take it anymore and knocked insistently.

Saagar: Rhia? Neha, you two in there?

The door swung open and he barged in panicked.

Saagar: What's going on in here? I heard someone crying and woah... (his mouth drops open when he looks at Neha after her makeover) woah...woah...

Rhia (standing next to Neha): I decided to share some tips with the kid. I hope you dont mind Saagar.

Saagar: Woah...woah...

Rhia: What's the matter? Dont you like it?

Saagar mouthed something, but couldnt utter a word. Instead he approached his daughter and knelled in front of her.

Saagar (cupping the girl's cheek): Neha? Is that you baby?

Neha (feeling shy): Yeah dad...

Saagar: Wow (feeling emotional) When did my baby grow up? Wow... You're so beautiful sweetie.

Neha (laughs): Daddd!

She threw her arms around her father and clung on. Rhia smiled at the sweet moment and began to inch out the door to allow the father and daughter some privacy, but not before Saagar looked at her with a face full of gratitude and mouthed a "thank you". She smiled in response and walked out, almost stumbling on a peeking Aryan.

Rhia: Woah there, what are you doing here little man?

Aryan: Nothing, I just thought it'd be funny to see Neha crying, but I hear her laughing. Darn it!

She laughed and held out her hand.

Rhia: Come on, show me how that car runs.

He took her hand with a grin and ran with her to his room. A few hours later, after wrapping up some official work, Saagar was walking Rhia out the door when they heard Neha in the doorway behind them.

Neha: Rhia hold up!

Rhia halted and looked at the girl. She was stunned when Neha ran towards her and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug. Even Saagar looked shocked with this improvement.

Neha (drawing back): I like you, so I dont mind if you're my dad's girlfriend.

That said, she hugged her again, leaving Saagar turning a bright shade of red in embarrassment. Fortunately, this time Rhia burst out laughing while Saagar smiled cheekily.

HalkatJawaniJay

IF-Dazzler

HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
beautiful chapter and Neha awww... Keep up the good work Clap Clap

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
As the days went by, Rhia felt herself being distanced from her husband. No matter how hard she tried, sometimes she forgot that she was married at all. Her days revovled around her work, and ultimately around her growing friendship with Saagar. Whenever she needed someone, he was there. Whenever she went out, he came with her. Whenever she went shopping, he acompanied her and even gave his opinions. They began to hang out so much that once or twice, they were mistaken as a married couple. By that time, that comment seemed natural and not at all awkward. Saagar just laughed and explained the relationship calmly while Rhia stood by watching in amusement. Sometimes, she caught her and Saagar's reflection in a mirror and couldnt help but think that they made a beautiful couple. Then she would feel guilty and take a walk by herself, leaving Saagar feeling confused by her mood swings.
Two days before Diwaali, Rhia decided to give Ritesh a call. As usual he picked up just when she was about to hang up.

Ritesh: Hello?

Rhia: Hey, its me.

Ritesh: Oh hi Rhia, what's up?

She frowned for a moment at the realization that he had stopped calling her sweetheart like he used to. When was the last time he talked to her affectionately?

Rhia: Nothing much, what about you.

Ritesh: Oh you know, work takes up all my time.

Rhia: Right.

For the first time, she didnt know what to say to him and was at a loss for words.

Ritesh: Rhia, if this isnt really urgent I have to be going now.

Rhia: Wait, I remember now. I called to ask, are you coming over for Diwali?

Ritesh (as if trying to understand): Diwali? Diwali...oh shit! Diwali. I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about it. (laughs)

Rhia (annoyed): What does that mean?

Ritesh: I'm sorry jaan, I cant come. So much is happening that I just cant find the time.

Rhia (disappointed): Oh. What if I visit?

Ritesh: I wish it was that easy, but I dont want you coming all the way here and me not even being able to spend time with you. I'm really sorry yaar.

Rhia (somewhat angry): Oh, right.

Ritesh: Why are you getting mad? Its not my fault I'm so busy

Rhia: And I wasnt? I was just as busy Ritesh, but I MADE time for you.

Ritesh: Oh, so now its my fault? Rhia I thought you'd be happy for me.

Rhia: I am! But...just forget it.

Before he had a chance to reply, she hung up and then shut her phone down so she wouldnt have to recieve his calls. She tossed her phone on the couch and put up her feet feeling more miserable than she could remember. She toyed with her fingers and stared at her cell phone. Maybe he was trying ot call her back...maybe he was trying to apologize. She siezed her phone and turned it on. As if on signal, her phone began to vibrate with an incoming call. Without even bothering to look at who was calling she took the call.

Rhia: Hey Ritesh!

Voice: Uhh...sorry to disappoint you Rhia, but I'm not Ritesh.

Rhia (feeling disappointed, and then glad at teh same time): Oh, Saagar, its you.

Saagar: Disappointed?

Rhia: Not really.

Saagar: Everything ok?

She took a deep breath and told him the previous converstaion with as much control as she could muster.

Saagar: Ouch, a fight eh? Dont worry Rhia, every relationship goes through a fight, but it all works out in the end.

Rhia (miserable): Maybe, but the fact is, now I'm stuck at home all alone on Diwali. Just my luck.

Saagar: Hey, who says you're stuck at home? I just called to ask you if you were available on Diwali. Every year, I throw a grand party for all my office staff, and well, no duh, you're invited.

Rhia: I dunno Saagar, I dont feel like it.

Saagar: Bull shit! There's no option. I'm not letting you stay home alone on such an occasion. You're coming, infact, you're coming early and helping me set up. You're my co host.

Rhia: Saagar wait!

Saagar: No ifs ands or buts about it. You're coming and that's final! Bye!

Rhia: Saagar!

He didnt hear her response for he had already hung up. Rhia lowered the phone and couldnt help but smile.

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
How Saagar and Rhia look this evening:

The evening of the diwali party was bustling with life. As soon as Rhia arrived at Saagar's front gate, she knew she was late, because the parking was already filled with arrivers. When she managed to squeeze her way to the front door, Saagar tapped her shoulder from behind.

Saagar: Ur late!

She turned around and let out a deep breath.

Rhia: You scared me

Saagar (grins): Sorry, but might I add, (gazing at her intently) you're looking beautiful.

She shuddered and felt a tingling sensation in the pit of her stomach. Saagar always managed to do that. He called her beautiful but somehow the word carried twice the impact coming from his lips, causing a bright blush to appear on her cheeks. He didnt notice her blushing though. He was tongue-tied with her overall persona that evening. Her sari was a dark shade of red with a mixture of black that matched her sleeveless black blouse. Rhia was also checking him out in his classy black jacket and half button shirt. Her eyes paused momentarily on his built chest and she felt her breath catch in her throat. The spell was broken when Saagar spoke up.

Saagar: You were supposed to be here an hour ago, CO-HOST!

Rhia (grimacing): I'm sorry, but I'm here now. Tell me what to do.

Saagar: Well just go inside and check if the food's ok, and then just check up on the kids.

She nodded and made her way inside the tightly packed main room that was swarming with people. After checking up on the food, she was about to scan around for the kids when someone grabbed her hand. Looking down, she saw little Aryan with a grin on his face.

Rhia: Hey! (bends down and gives him a hug)

Aryan: Hey Rhia! I was waiting for you, I finally figured out how to work that car you gave me. Remember we were having problems?

Rhia (unknowingly fixing his hair): That's great Aryan, and here, I have something for you.

She reached into her bag and pulled out a chocolate bar, which Aryan quickly snatched and ran off with, yelling a "thank you" as he went. She turned around and walked in farther into the grand room. She finally caught sight of Neha surrounded by a few other girls and smiled when she saw her straightened hair falling around her shoulders and the new glasses perched on her nose. Neha seemed to take notice of Rhia for the first time and waved from far with an excited grin. She excused herself and ran towards her. Upon reaching Rhia, she embraced her tightly and pulled away in all her excitement.

Rhia: Hey sweetheart, you're looking gorgeous tonight.

Neha (blushing): Thanks, its all coz of you.

Rhia: Aww, thank you, I see your friends are here.

Neha (looking behind): Oh yeah, I cant believe they actually talked to me. It must be coz of the way I look now

Rhia: Actually, I think its the way you act now. You're acting like urself, and being very confident, and it certainly shows.

Neha: You know, they were asking me where I got my new glasses from.

Rhia: Great, did you tell em?

Neha (with a naughty grin): No

Rhia (laughing): Fine, lets just keep that between you and me

With one final hug, Neha ran back to her friends, leaving Rhia standing feeling a strange pleasure. Saagar came up behind her and took her by the waist.

Saagar (whispering in her ear): Come, I want you to meet some colleagues of mine.

He lead her to his circle of friends, all the while keeping his arm around her waist. She was semi conscience of his gesture, and felt guilty by how much she enjoyed being this close to him. As the party progressed, Rhia had completely forgotten her past and submerged herself into a new identity. She was Rhia, Saagar's co-host, manager of his household, guardian of his kids, and his shadow for the night.

Edited by desigal90 - 28 May 2008 at 3:57pm

Dark Love

IF-Rockerz

Dark Love

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Woahh! Yea this marriage is def falling apart! I have a feeling Ritesh might be cheating on her....

Cont Soon! =D

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Thank you!

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Saagar: Damn I'm tired.

The party was over, and everybody had left. Saagar and Rhia had just finished tidying up the house and much as they could before calling it quits. Now, he felt drained and ready for bed. Spreading his arms out wide, he collapsed on the couch and shut his eyes momentarily. Comfortably adjusting his hands behind his head, he opened his eyes and smiled at the scenario in front of him. Neha and Aryan sat on the ground in their pajamas as they played Luddo(board game) with Rhia. She was teamed up with Aryan since he was still unsure about the game and playing against Neha. Saagar noticed how she sat slightly behind the little boy and had her arm around his torso so he was almost sitting on her lap. He also noticed how she let him roll the dice and only pointed to a game piece, but allowed him to move. For a second he felt like he was in a dream. Isnt that what he had always imagined family to be like? Happiness, fun, love, and concern?

Rhia looked sideways and caught him staring at her in a daze.

Rhia (snaps fingers): Hello? You in there?

He snapped out of his thoughts and shook his head to clear his mind. Clapping his hands he stood up.

Saagar: Arrighty, bed time kids!

Both the kids interrupted into a session of protests and whining.

Saagar: Now come on, you guys know better than that.

Neha: But we wanna play with Rhia, let us at least finish the game!

Saagar: You guys have school tomorrow!

Aryan: Its ok, we can take a day off (grins)

Saagar (grins back): Nice try (Aryan's grin is wiped out)

Neha: Dad this is so unfair! I still havent finished the game.

Saagar: Neha you know Aryan always has trouble getting up in teh morning.

Neha (whining): Then take him up, I'll finish the game with Rhia. Its not liek he was playing anyways.

Aryan: Hey!

Saagar: K calm down you two...

Rhia (cutting in): Saagar if she really wants to, why dont you put Aryan to bed and I'll handle Neha?

Neha (brightening up): YES! Yes dad, I'll stay with Rhia

She stood up, ran around the game board, plopped down next to the Rhia, and wrapped her arms around her.

Aryan (pouting lips): Rhia that's not fair, I wanna to play with you too

Rhia (giving him a hug): I'm sorry sweetie, but school's more important, right? How about this, I'll come over tomorrow and play an extra game just for you?

Aryan (giving a small smile): Okk...

He put his arms up for Saagar to lift him up, and allowed himself to be carried upstairs to bed. Rhia turned to look at Neha and gave her a wink.

Neha: Thank you! You're the best Rhia!

Rhia: You're welcome, but dont expect me to bust you outta bed time all the time, ok? Come on, now lets finish the game and you can tell me all about ur friends.

By the time Saagar came downstairs to check up on Rhia and Neha, silence dominated the family room where they had been playing. Confused, he looked towards the couch and saw Rhia's back to him as she read a magazine.

Saagar: Rhia, what's going on? Wheres...(he shut up when Rhia shushed him and put her finger on her lips)

She motioned for him to come around. When he walked around the couch, he almost tripped with surprise. Rhia sat on one corner of the couch, while Neha was laid out along the length with her head on Rhia's lap. The girl's eyes were closed and she snored gently.

Rhia (whispering): She just fell asleep while telling me about school

Saagar stood back marveling at the way Rhia had charmed her way into not only his, but his children's life as well. This moment would forever been engraved in his memory. The lights dimmed down, a comfortable silence, the room the perfect temperature, and his daughter sleeping with her head resting on Rhia's lap. For a moment, he was at a loss for words. Then he finally recovered himself and spoke in a whisper.

Saagar: Come on, help me take her up.

And almost as if they had done this before, Rhia shifted raised the girl's head gently so Saagar was able to slip his hands underneath Neha's sleeping form and scoop her into his arms.

Rhia (still supporting Neha's head): Careful...

Saagar (whispering back): I got her, come on.

They walked up the stairs to Neha's room and lowered her onto her bed. Rhia moved around, unraveled the blanket, and tucked the sleeping girl in, then followed Saagar out the door. He was about to go back downstairs, but Rhia turned towards Aryan's room instead.

Saagar (whispering): Rhia where are you going?

Rhia: Dont you wanna check up on him?

Saagar: I just put him to sleep a few minutes ago.

Rhia: Ohh...can we just check up to make sure he's tucked in?

Saagar (smiles faintly): Sure, come on

They both tiptoed into his room and stood around his bed. He was completely covered, but Rhia still adjusted his blanket tighter around his fragile shoulders. Then, overcome by a strange urge, she bent down and kissed him on the forehead. Saagar was touched by this gesture felt a strange sensation somewhere inside of him that he never knew he could feel in. Instinctively, he reached up and touched his heart. Rhia was also confused by the influx of maternal instincts towards the little boy, and so she didnt notice Saagar's hand lingering by his heart. Instead, she backed out of the room slowly, as confused as ever. Saagar followed close behind and shut the door.

Saagar (whispering): you see, and you thought you werent meant for kids. Maybe this will change ur mind now Rhia, they're only a blessing in ur life, never a curse.

Rhia (feeling dazed): Maybe...

She followed Saagar down the stairs bombarded by strange feelings. And then a realization of her desires shook her up. Because at that point, she didnt want to have Ritesh's kids. She wanted to have Saagar's.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top