Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ttimpy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
gr8 work.........desi gal...dont know ur name but its terrific....and tell u what.......the image of saagar in my mind is definitely Saif..........................i dont know why but i am imagining him as in Race but the gal is not Kareena.....i dont know why...she's still faceless.....

but the story is very engrossing.......it reallly binds you.........
pl.PM if possible.

👏
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you!
Next update:

After many agonizing hours, the surgery was finally completed. The doctors emerged from the ER with exhausted faces and sighs. Rhia didnt need to approach them. She saw Dr. Ashok walking towards her, expressionless. He stopped before her, sighed deeply, and conveyed the situation to her. He hated this part of his job.

Dr. Ashok: The surgery was a success, but we're still not sure of anything right now Mrs. Malhotra. Lets pray that he regains conscience before tomorrow.

With an encouraging smile, he was off, leaving Rhia to fend off her own fears. The impact this accident had made on her was phenomenal. Never had she realized the extent to which she loved him. Only now, when she was almost losing him, did she realize with painstaking clarity, that her life would never be the same without him. Another array of hours crept by, and she found herself looking through the glass window into Saagar's room. He was barely recognizable. The IVs and bandages masked the flawless face of the man that had wowed her from the instant she set eyes on him. And yet, she had never felt these torrent of feelings stirring before either. As a nurse walked by, she called her out.

Rhia: Excuse me...is it ok if I go inside?

The nurse looked around uncomfortably, and then after a quick consultation with the nearest doctor, gave her approval. Rhia pushed the door open and tiptoed towards Saagar's bed, almost as if she was afraid of waking him up. He looked so frail, lying down amidst the white sheets, that she was almost afraid to touch him. Hesitantly, she reached out and touched his cheek, expecting him to flinch. But he didnt respond. His eyes remained tightly closed.

Rhia (whispering): Hey Saagar, wake up sweetheart. (she lowered herself onto her knees) Look, you've been sleeping for so long now, its time to get up.

Again, she reached out and touched his cheek, and then moved to his forehead.

Rhia (whispering): Saagar, you cant do this to me. I cant believe you'd be this selfish, to just walk from life when things got complicated. These doctors (pointing to door) tell me that unless you wake up...(trails away, and then takes a deep breath) but I know they're wrong. I know how competent you are, and how you prefer to deal with problems head on, rather than running away. Come on, just wake up.

She closed her eyes in frustration, and pressed her fingers to her temples. She could already feel a killer headache coming on, but she pushed all her pains aside. With renewed determination, she rested her head on his pillow, facing his bruised right cheek and held his hand.

Rhia (forcefully whispering): 6 months are not enough. Its only been six months since we met, can you believe it? It felt as if I'd known you forever, but its only been six months. Six months are NOT enough to know you. Six months are not enough to laugh with you, to cry with you. Six months are nothing. I want to spend the rest of my life with you sweetheart...I love you Saagar.

And that's when she felt it. His hand, which had been lying immobile in hers, twitched. Rhia froze. She wasnt sure if what she felt was real or just her desperate imagination, so she waited.

Rhia: Saagar?

This time the movement was unmistakable. His fingers brushed the back of her hand and, feeling a rush of exhilaration, she sat up. She was breathing hard, feeling her own hand tremble with excitement.

Rhia: Come on Saagar, I felt it last time. But I want you to do this again sweetheart. Come on, do something. Saagar brush my hand again (she applied pressue to his hand with hers to guide him), come on. You can do it.

And after a few seconds, she saw his hand curling slowly, but surely, around hers. With a yelp of excitement she pressed the button the call a doctor. Dr Ashok rushed inside with urgency.

Dr. Ashok (panicked): What happened, is everything ok?

Rhia (speaking fast): He moved! Look, look at his hand, look how he's holding mine. Do you see?

The doctor's eyes widened for a moment before he regained composure. Walking to the other side, he spoke to Saagar firmly.

Dr. Ashok: Mr. Malhotra, do you hear me?

Silence at first, and rhia tightened her hand around his.

Dr. Ashok: Mr. Malhotra can you hear me? If you can hear what I'm saying, can you respond?

This time, in addition to squeezing Rhia's hand, Saagar's eyes fluttered as well.

Dr. Ashok: I think he's coming around! Mr. Malhotra, I need you to open your eyes. Can you do that for me?

His lips parted, and he moaned in response, but it was the most welcoming sound to Rhia's ears. She bit her lip to keep her emotions in check.

Rhia: Come on Saagar, open your eyes. We're all here with you.

Another moan, and his eyes opened halfway, and then shut back again. With more additional encouragement from both Rhia and the doctor, Saagar gave a deep sigh, and then after a few prolonged moments, opened his eyes slowly...focusing them right onto Rhia. She gasped. She couldnt help it, because she would have never thought that after his close call with death, the first object he would focus would be her.

Dr. Ashok, unaware of the connection before him, continued to babble on excitedly.

Dr. Ashok: Very good Mr. Malhotra, very good! Excellent!

Rhia (almost inaudible): Oh Saagar...

He opened his mouth, attempting to speak, but failing to do so. He looked at the doctor frustrated with his lack of vocal skills, and the doctor calmed him down.

Dr. Ashok: Its ok, its going to take a few tries. Keep trying.

Finally, he was able to muster out the first word, rough, raspy, but very much obvious.

Saagar: R..r..ia...

She smiled, feeling her vision blurring due to the influx tears. The doctor, witnessing the personal moment, smiled once, reminded Rhia to call him if she needed anything, and left the couple to enjoy the moment.

Rhia: You've been very lazy Saagar. (smiling)

Saagar: I..I..I'm s..soorryy ab..b..bout..what I s..said...earlier.

He was regaining control of his voice rapidly.

Rhia: Shhh (places finger on his lips), dont talk. You need to rest.

Saagar: I've been resting. I need to talk now.

Rhia (smiled at first, and then became serious): You scared me there for a second. You wouldnt wake up. I didnt know what to do.

Saagar: I know, I'm sorry. But I heard what you said, about wanting to spend the rest of your life with me. How could I not wake up? It was an offer I couldnt refuse

He grinned, but the pain it caused was visible in his eyes. She laughed, feeling absurd that she could even in such a terrible situation, but she couldnt help it. She bent down and kissed his forehead. When she straightened up, she saw him staring at her intensely.

Rhia: What's wrong?

Saagar: I was just wondering...where have you been my entire life?

Rhia (quietly): Finding my way through I guess. Just getting through life.

Saagar : Really?(after a moment) I've been lost.

This time, she couldnt control herself. She broke down and pressed his hand to her face. He felt horribly helpless, and tried to pacify her, but it was no use. For the first time since the accident, Rhia realized what a helpless position she was in. She had forgotten the dilemma they had faced together almost a day ago. And now, it wasnt as easy to say good bye to Saagar like she had that time. Because, she realized with dread, she was desperately and madly in love with him.
umagaurav thumbnail
I liked the way U picturised the scene Saagar coming to senses when he heard Rhia's voice
desigal90 thumbnail
Thank you for reading it 😊
Continuing soon 😊
desigal90 thumbnail
In the following months, Rhia devoted her full time and attention to Saagar's recovery. While she managed to catch up on her office work, she spent the majority of her time at the hospital with Saagar. She was there when he was first able to sit up, and she was there to feed him his meals. She was also with him when he took his first steps, holding his hand tightly, and almost shouting with excitement when he was able to move on his own. Rhia found herself a constant support for not only Saagar, but his kids as well. Neha and Aryan grew ever more closer to Rhia over these months. SHe was their best friend as well as a mother. Even though Aryan didnt understand the severity of Saagar's injuries, he was well aware that his father was hurt. Neha dealt with the harshest blow. Seeing her normally healthy father bed-ridden hadnt been easy, and it took Rhia every bit of energy to console her.
She took on the responsibility of his home as well. THe maids were instructed to follow Rhia's every order to ensure that the house remained functional. In all this time, Rhia had all but forgotten that she was married to another man. Her mind, heart, and soul all belonged to Saagar, and she had finally accepted that. She didnt bother calling Ritesh up anymore. She was tired of doing the chasing, and with time, their calls stopped entirely. Rhia was amused to discover that she didnt even care all that much anymore. In fact, the entire hospital staff took her to be Saagar's wife, and she played the part almost as if she had always been his life partner.
They had grown so used to this routine that one evening, after the kids had just left for home, Saagar whispered almost as if thinking aloud.

Saagar: You know, I feel as if we share one soul.

Rhia smiled. It was true in a sense. She felt so deeply and intricately connected to him, that it was sometimes a hassle to wrap her mind around the fact that they werent married.

And so, her days continued. Saagar's health improved day after day until they were told by an exuberant doctor that Saagar could go home within a week or two.

Rhia (after the doctor had left): That's great! Saagar I cant believe we made it. (hugs him).

He smiled, but Rhia noticed that it didnt reach his eyes.

Rhia (frowning): What's wrong?

Saagar (with a laugh): Nothing. I'm happy and all...but I'd kinda grown used to us being together this way.

Rhia's smile faded away as his statement sunk him. He was right. There was no way they could continue on living this way after a week.

Saagar (cutting through her thoughts): But it doesnt matter. Because we're gonna be together even after this...right?

She didnt answer, and turned to walk away. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

Saagar (urgently): Right?

She didnt have an answer, not yet anyways. Instead of answering, she sat by him on the bed and kissed him deeply. It worked. Saagar became distracted, and Rhia was spared an answer. Just then, there was a knock at the door, and they both pulled apart, slightly breathless. A doctor walked in to check up on Saagar, giving Rhia the opportunity to slip away.

While she tried to catch her breath outside in the lobby, her phone rang. This was strange, she thought. Who would be calling her nowadays?

She gasped when she head the all familiar voice that she had almost forgotten.

Ritesh: Hey Rhia...

uh oh i wonder wat is going to happen cont soon
Dark Love thumbnail
O.o Ritesh! I hope he's cheating on her so it's even 😆

Very well-written! And these parts are so quick! Amazing! Continue Soon!
desigal90 thumbnail
For a moment she was floored. His voice had shattered a mirage that she had been living in, this life in which no one existed but her and Saagar. So she was unable to say anything, but stand in the lobby looking lost listening to her phone.

Ritesh: Rhia are you there? Rhia?

This time she snapped out of her trance.

Rhia (weakly): Yeah I'm here...

Ritesh: Rhia where have you been?

Rhia: Me? (speechless) Where have I been? Did you ever think of asking urself this question Ritesh?

Her words began to flow faster with a sharper edge, clearly displaying her rage.

Ritesh: Rhia listen to me, I know you're angry, but just sit down, and talk to me. This is really important.

His voice seemed controlled yet urgent, giving no emotion away. She had grown used to this tone after a few months. With a sign, she approached a bench nearby and sat down.

Rhia: What?

Ritesh (after a pause): What's happening to us Rhia?

Rhia (clueless): What?

Ritesh (a sigh): If you havent noticed, we've drifted apart.

She gave a bitter laugh, and clenched her fist.

Rhia (sarcastically): Oh you just noticed?

Ritesh: Come on Rhia, cut the sarcasm.

Rhia: How about you cut the drama? Why do you act as if you care all of a sudden huh?

Ritesh: Rhia, how could you say that? I do care about you...

She paused. Something in his voice triggered a part that she had been holding back. He meant it. There was no denying it, he had meant what he said. And he was genuinely hurt by her accusations. Now she truly felt torn, and the tough facade crumbled away.

Rhia (in a small voice): That's what I've been saying to you for the past months Ritesh. We're drifting apart...we're drifting apart, but you? Argh, forget i!

Ritesh: No Rhia, I wont forget. Listen, I dont know what happened to us, but I do know, we shared something very special, and I'm not ready to give up on it...not yet I'm not. Rhia, plz, lets try again, lets start over. Lets give our relationship another chance.

Rhia was too overwhelmed to say anything. Too much was happening too fast. In between listening to his words, she kept seeing images of Saagar. Saagar with his promises, Saagar with his passion, Saagar with "their" new future.

Ritesh (begging) Come on Rhia, why are you silent? I know I messed up, but plz, give me another chance. I want to save our marriage, I want us to stay together. Rhia, help me help us. Lets give our marriage another chance. Are you with me?

Rhia (speechless): Ritesh I...

Ritesh: Rhia, we have to do this. For old time's sake, we have to try. I'm coming back in about two weeks. Rhia, we're gonna get through this, I know we will! And we'll come out stronger than ever. Rhia do you hear me? Rhia do you?

Rhia (stammering): Y..yah..i hear you.
She felt breathless, but there was nothing else she could manage to say. Ritesh sounded overjoyed. He made more promises on the phone, while Rhia sat there, feeling vacuous, hollow and lost, and finally, after what seemed like eons, he hung up. She put her phone away slowly, dazed and confused. She was sitting immobile when she felt a hand on her shoulder, and another voice, one that made her heart race up and her thoughts melt.

Saagar: Rhia? Everything ok?

She looked up to see his intense eyes looking down at her full of concern. She nodded, hoping that he wouldnt sense her distress. His eyes narrowed, piercing her gaze, digging deeper into her mind until she looked away. And then he was by her side and had her wrapped within his comforting embrace, his arms rubbing her back as he murmured softly in her ear.

Saagar (whispering): I love you

Rhia began to shake as tears streamed down her cheek. She managed to wipe them away before they dripped on his neck, and so he had no idea she was crying, but felt her body shaking.

Saagar (with a sexy smirk): Do I really have such a strong affect on you jaan?

She tightened her hold on his and buried her face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent, memorizing every elegent chiseled feature of his body.

Saagar (sensing something was wrong): Hey jaan, what's wrong?

Rhia (managing to control her voice): Nothing...just...be with me Saagar. Dont leave.

Confused by her reaction, Saagar smoothed her hair and kissed her cheek, and held her tighter still. Rhia wanted to melt in his arms and never emerge, never speak, never think. No matter how much she tried, she couldnt get herself to tell him what had just happened. "God, what have I gotten myself into?"
umagaurav thumbnail
Ritesh r Saagar?
continue soon.
desigal90 thumbnail
A week went by in a blur, and still Rhia was unable to enlighten Saagar to Ritesh's plans. What made reality all the more difficult to comprehend was the fact that Saagar spent every waking moment at her apartment. His kids understood that he was still weak and needed to be taken care of, so no questions were asked when he was absent from home until midnight sometimes. She took care of him like caring for a child, and he enjoyed every minute of the attention Rhia showered on him. One particular night, everything shattered.
The light was faded in Rhia's bedroom, throwing countless shadows around the walls. In the middle of the bed, Rhia sat with her legs partially crossed while Saagar stretched out with his head resting on her lap. She unconsciencely ruffled hair gently as she looked straight ahead immersed in deep thoughts. His eyes were closed in content and bliss as he felt the magic of her fingers on his scalp. He had forgotten how good it felt to be loved with such intensity. In fact, now that he thought about it, he hadn't been loved this way at all. What he felt with Rhia was so different. It was so intense and strong that he couldn't stand the thought of her absence in his life for even a minute.

Rhia (emotionless): Ritesh is coming back

Saagar stiffened momentarily, but no further response arose. She waited for him to speak, to question her, to respond, but he remained as still as a stone. She sensed the change in his manner instantly. His breathing had slowed, and his muscles stood out against his neck, tense.

Rhia (continuing): He's coming in a week.

Again, no response from Saagar. He continued to lay in her lap, wanting time to freeze at that moment.

Rhia: Saagar, are you listening to me?

Finally, he opened his eyes, and looked up at her steadily. Something had changed. His eyes, which usually looked playful looked hollow and hard, like he was holding back.

Saagar: Yeah, I'm listening.

Rhia: What are we going to do?

She had asked the inevitable question, which had been haunting both minds since their confession, but which had been purposely pushed to the back of their minds.
He continued to gaze at her in a strange way. She shifted uneasily and touched his cheek.

Rhia: Saagar, did you hear me?

With a deep sigh, he pushed himself off her lap and sat up.

Saagar: I think the question is, what do YOU want?

She averted his gaze and pursed her lips. She knew what he was asking. It wasn't what she wanted...it was who. Never in her life had she thought that she would be faced with such a dilemma, where her heart would be screaming two names simultaneously. He waited patiently looking as grim as if the life were being squeezed out of him.

Saagar: Rhia, it all rests on you. Nothing I want, or Ritesh wants, will go. This is about you, and your decision.

She felt a tightness in her throat and gulped it down. Clenching her fists, she willed her heart to toughen up, willed her tears to stay back. Saagar held her chin and turned her face around to face him.

Saagar (whispering): Do you love me?

Rhia (instantly): Yes...

Saagar (firmly): Then you have to tell him.

Cold harsh words poured into her like a rapid flood. Nothing made sense. He was talking about her husband. She had to tell her husband. Taking another breath, for it seemed that the room had suddenly run out of air, she spoke breathlessly.

Rhia: I cant...

Saagar's eyes hardened, and she saw his jaw clench.

Saagar (getting angry): What do you mean you cant? That's not an option, damn it.

Rhia: I said I cant, ok? I cant do this to him Saagar, I just cant. He's my husband, we've been together for 4 years now, I cant just tell him its over without a reason. That's cruel and heartless, and he doesn't deserve it.

Saagar (after a pause): And I do?

She pulled away and stood up, unable to sit next to him, to stare into his intense gaze. He was on his feet in an instant, now fully worked up, shaking with controlled fury, and a subtle hidden fear. He was losing her. She was leaving him. He couldn't think, he couldn't talk, he couldn't breathe. Saagar Malhotra had not lost very often, and now he was losing the most dear thing in his life. Desperately, he turned her around and pulled her close while forcing her to look right at him. Like a man lunging for his last lifeline, he pleaded with her.

Saagar (begging): Come on Rhia, we go so well together. We're so compatible, I mean, our mentality, attitude, everything goes together. Come on, dont throw this away, its too special.

Rhia (crying softly): Stop, plz look away, look away. Dont look at me like that. I said LOOK AWAY! (breaks away from him and moves away) I was never yours Saagar, dont you realize that? What we shared was never meant to happen. We dont have a right to love each other. We live in two separate worlds, and our relationship has already been defined by society, by laws of decency. I'm a married woman, and you're not my husband. I dont have a choice. I have to give Ritesh another chance.

Saagar (angry): Why? Why does he deserve another chance? That man takes you for granted, he stopped caring for you when you needed him the most. He doesnt realize what a lucky bas***d he is, and takes advantage of the fact that fate rewarded him with an angel for a wife. Why, if I were in his place, I would...

He advanced aggresively towards her and she moved back till she hit the wall. Her eyes closed, waiting for a blow, a slap, something to stun her so she could also feel the pain she knew she was causing him. Instead, she felt a gentle carass on her cheek, and upon opening her eyes, she saw Saagar looking at her with such tenderness and wonder she wanted to break apart.

Saagar (whispering): I would cherish you like the jewel you are.

He paused and stared at her, suddenly confused, as if thinking. After a deep sigh, he walked back to bed and sat down uncertainly, his face held in his hands. Rhia stood rooted to her spot, afraid to move.

Saagar (face still in hands): I suppose its fair. You never were mine to begin with. I did borrow you for a while (laughs bitterly) but I guess that wasn't a right either.

Countless seconds passed in silence before Saagar regained his composure, and spoke with the proper ettiquette he was known for.

Saagar: Its funny really. My wife cheated on me, and I always blamed her for ruining my life. And today, I was asking you to do the exact same thing. But you didnt yield. (looking up at her with admiration) That's what I love about you. I'm proud of you Rhia, for sticking by your principals (forces a smile)

She walked to him and knelt by his knees. This time, there was no barrier to keep her tears from spilling over. In a subtle, hesitant gesture, she cupped his cheeks with his hand and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

Rhia: Its not fair. I love you.

Saagar (bitterly): Life's not fair.

Rhia (all but holding back): Give me one promise Saagar, just one. If not as a lover, I still want to keep you close to me, even as a friend. Just dont take that friendship away Saagar. I want you to always be a friend, can we do that?

Her words sounded hollow, even to her. He scanned her face silently for a moment, and then turned away without any answer. She rested her forehead on his shoulder and began to sob. Saagar closed his eyes, and savored his last moments with the one woman that he would never forget.