India-Forums

Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann
Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann

What Betiyaan can do to increase TRP

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:39pm | IP Logged

They shud stop those big big emotional dialogues and show some action . Those dialogues ....especially , Garodia this and Garodia that sound like big empty bubbles . Instead they shud put in more humane , realistic dialogues.

Kajri track and Ranbir track is now boring. Kajri was exposed too late , and after that she has been boring us with one petty thing after another . The scenario is always the same : The garodias keep talking loudly of how she can never destroy Garodia ijjat and she only stares at them shamelessly and blinks . Same scene....always.

Put in a controversy like the Gauri Dev love affair . Dev is tapori and Gauri , a rich , sanskari gal . Let this love affair be totally diffrent from the other love affairs , and yes , like DUrga rebelled against Saraswati , do show Gauri rebelling if told to stop the affair  and being the first sister to ,marry Even if Surya says NO. Show some controversy within the family , sides taken within family .  All the gals sacrifice their husbands like goats at their Bapujis altar ....show Gauri having a mind of her own.

Show Niyati being more attached to Savitri than evil Menaka.Show her to have guts.

Show fulki marrying someone.

Show Betiyaan entering business and making a success of it.

Decrease the god scenes and show more practical things.. Ab main pani nahi piyungi or ab hat diyese nahi hatega r really terribly corny ways of manipulating that supreme power . Show real woman strength....the strength to say NO. Sobbing , gasping , running to god , cut down a little.

And yes , show the husbands of betiyaan asking them to wear salwar kammezes etc ....in such a way promote new look , and new hair styles.

Im sure , the new look will increase TRps.Good luck !

Prestigious IF-Rockerz
Prestigious
Prestigious

Aap Ki Antara Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
You've mentioned some great ideas that I would definitely love to see in the show. In the last episode when Savitri walks up to the God's idol and says that she will not worship Him if he fails in helping her daugters, I thought, come on Savitri, why don't you take that first step in helping your daughters? God will help you through the hurdles that you may face throughout your struggle but you need to begin. After all, the Garodias cannot expect everything to be alright just with a snap of fingers.
I wished to see Savitri, Karan, Gauri, Laxmi, or Ranbir's mom supporting Saraswati but it's strange that none of them have yet stepped forward. Confused
Regarding Kajri, I completely agree with you. She continues to repeat the mistakes over and over and all Garodias do is lecture her and that is it.
Now that Niyati is married to Yuvraj, I hope to see her in action and not just remain silent in the background.
It was nice to see Dev back in the show and I hope he doesn't just disappear after the wedding. I would love to see him and Gauri together. The way he looked at her when she was going back home after leaving Niyati at the salon, it seemed as if he is falling for her. Embarrassed Big smile I agree, Dev and Gauri will make a unique pair and the creatives need to use such unique ideas in the show and not make it repetitive.

Edited by Prestigious - 16 May 2008 at 6:49pm
neela226 IF-Rockerz
neela226
neela226

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
these are great ideas to improve the show. kajri and bhav bore me now. even the god scenes are boring.
rainabow Senior Member
rainabow
rainabow

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
How about giving the Garodias a brain they can all share? The problem with this show is that none of the characters are likable. They are all so frustratingly stupid or annoying in one form or another.

I'm tired of all that BS about how no one can split up the Garodias, etc. etc. For one thing, IT'S NOT TRUE! Say what you will about Kaj and Rasili, but their relationship has really proven to be stronger and more genuine than that of the Garodias. They always support each other, whereas the Garodias are ready to suspect each other long before they are willing to suspect their own worst enemies. They have no sense of family unity at all.

It's nice to see characters that have imperfections for a change but now that's all I see. One stupid thing after another.

I also agree that this Kajri track has been going on for far too long. It should have ended when Karan exposed her at his birthday party. And the worst part is, every day they conclude the episode with Kajri saying something like, "They will pay for this humiliation!", making it sound like something really big and earth-shattering will happen...but it never does. Just the same thing over and over again. "you're just a kothewali, we're the garodias rah rah rah" blah blah blah. I don't even watch this show anymore to be honest. I just read the updates so I know when it might be worth it to start watching again.
AmritaRao-Nina IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 4:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
gp00 IF-Dazzler
gp00
gp00

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
I think original ideas and storylines are very hard to find and execute
convincingly.

Yes, the show feels like one big deja-vu moment. Seen it, now move on.

I think the show has utterly destroyed some promising, intriguing
characters, and that is what hurts this show. Kajri is still the b***h she
always was. How hard is it to get her out of their house and lives? Frame
her for a crime. Pursue prosecution for contract fraud, trying to
fraudulantly marry Yuvraj. If I could suggest an apt exit for her, it would
be Bhavishya knocking her down the stairs, oh the divided staircase.
Whose side will she fall on?

Saraswati acts soooo old, that I feel myself aging watching her. I hope
she triumphs with this Bhavishya storyline, and that it gives her
confidence to make changes in her own life, like being more expressive,
argumentative, etc. Change her look....please. It's just not right for a
lovely young woman to look like that.

A Gauri and Dev storyline could provide some much needed comic relief
in this show that lacks one. Let's not overthink this track--have some
conflict but more happiness and optimism.

They've destroyed the character of Lakshmi, and in so doing, have
marginalized Karan. I cannot even bring myself to watch this show.

Ideas, which may or may not be original:

A blast from Savitri's past. Give her another "face". Surprise us!

Saraswati and Kshitij having issues. Move ahead with the loan track.

Nyati's past and unknown ties to Garodia family.

I personally would love to see a strong relationship at the heart of the
show and not related to family. Could be a couple, could be secret loves.

Someone enters the Garodia family's life and makes everyone rethink
their beliefs about themselves, challenges existing relationships.

Huge fallout among sisters over something.

The one I really love: have someone come into the Garodia household
who is very different from the sisters. Someone who is more modern, laid
back, and funny. Playingly poking fun at everyone. Garodia dilemma: do
we change her or accept her who she is.

I stop pushing the stories past that "invisible" ceiling, where core
watchers become alienated.

Looking forward to reading other responses.

Edited by gp00 - 19 May 2008 at 3:37pm
priyav IF-Dazzler
priyav
priyav

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by rainabow

How about giving the Garodias a brain they can all share? The problem with this show is that none of the characters are likable. They are all so frustratingly stupid or annoying in one form or another.

i totally agree. garodia parivaar badly in need of brains. Somebody needs to put this on their brain -'God help only those who help themselves'.

bhav & kajri's track stretched way too much.if they stretch anymore it will break(trps will hit all time low)

angel_of_09 Senior Member
angel_of_09
angel_of_09

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
I think you said it all!!!

Go to top