India-Forums

Punjabi Channel
Punjabi Channel

How well do you Speak Punjabi? (Page 3)

~*manai*~ IF-Sizzlerz
~*manai*~
~*manai*~

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
i know i love speaking english and punjabi!

AnotherMiracle IF-Dazzler
AnotherMiracle
AnotherMiracle

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:21am | IP Logged
I think my punjabi is reli good....except the word here and there which i forget in punjabi and end up using english words in between...other then that its all good! LOL LOL
simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
I was born and lived in a Pind for many years hence my punjabi is really Pendu LOL and oh yea I can read and write it too!

aajo jinhe jinhe classa lehniya eh, main tuhadi madam bann dhi aan Wink jehda galat boleh ga oh mere toh chittar khayega LOL
~*manai*~ IF-Sizzlerz
~*manai*~
~*manai*~

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by simran1285

I was born and lived in a Pind for many years hence my punjabi is really Pendu LOL and oh yea I can read and write it too!

aajo jinhe jinhe classa lehniya eh, main tuhadi madam bann dhi aan Wink jehda galat boleh ga oh mere toh chittar khayega LOL

chalo menu sikhade!

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by simran1285

i dont mind learning...but the chittar part is a bit scary!!WinkLOLLOL

JattiTude Goldie
JattiTude
JattiTude

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
i speak super good. I lived in a city in India but at the same time, Punjabi was spoken everywhere. I know all the punjabi sayings etc. I know all those pure punjabi words (i use it or not... thats different).... I score 149 out of 150 in my Punjabi exam in 10th grade. Then 12 years ago, when i was 16 we migrated to US, my brother was only 7 at that time. My father is a retired lawyer in the US and a very disciplined man... his rule was : you step in the house, you speak punjabi, if he would hear us talk in english to each other even, we were grounded... i guess that helped. then my brother having gurbani classes at home on sundays, my dad would teach him how to read gurbaani (he doesnt read it anymore, but he can if he has to), also read punjabi news paper and then a spelling test out of that....... My brother now is almost 20, grew up in the US but speaks much better Punjabi than me even,,,, i will say he speaks SUPER DUPER punjabi LOL LOL
Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sonu98

i speak super good. I lived in a city in India but at the same time, Punjabi was spoken everywhere. I know all the punjabi sayings etc. I know all those pure punjabi words (i use it or not... thats different).... I score 149 out of 150 in my Punjabi exam in 10th grade. Then 12 years ago, when i was 16 we migrated to US, my brother was only 7 at that time. My father is a retired lawyer in the US and a very disciplined man... his rule was : you step in the house, you speak punjabi, if he would hear us talk in english to each other even, we were grounded... i guess that helped. then my brother having gurbani classes at home on sundays, my dad would teach him how to read gurbaani (he doesnt read it anymore, but he can if he has to), also read punjabi news paper and then a spelling test out of that....... My brother now is almost 20, grew up in the US but speaks much better Punjabi than me even,,,, i will say he speaks SUPER DUPER punjabi LOL LOL

wow! thats amazing!!ClapClapClap

JattiTude Goldie
JattiTude
JattiTude

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_on_earth

Originally posted by sonu98

wow! thats amazing!!ClapClapClap

thanks  Tongue

Go to top