Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

The Elegant & Beautiful Sakshi Tanwar (Page 94)

saakshi_fan Newbie
saakshi_fan
saakshi_fan

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:01am | IP Logged
hey Guys.....h r u all??? Sorry for not posting anything....seriously waiting for any news abt Sakshi...

Finally some good news abt our Queen..........Coffee House is releasing on April 17th. Chk this link out...

http://www.sindhtoday.net/entertainment/79157.htm

Hope that the film becomes a big hitt...and Sakshi gets many more awards this year!!!!!!!!

Bye...tc

Deepthi

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Hi gays Big smile how r u all ? Hope u all fine Big smile .sorry for not being around of late..........so busy for sis wedding and Exam prepration both in april.Miss u all gays.

Hi Winnie Big smile wooooooooooooooooooooooow great postClapsimply awsome  and RockingClap.Miss Sakshi a looooooooooooootCryCryCry

Hi Geeta Big smile how r U .Waiting ur new vedio . Hope Sakshi back soon T.V land .Miss her a LooooooooooooooooooooootCry.

Read an article about coffee house post here

Coffee House press meet

March 25th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by sampurn  -

Saakshi Tanwar and Ashutosh Rana will be seen on silver screen for the first time in a film called Coffee House. The film is directed and written by Gurbir Singh Grewal. The film represents the youth, unemployed and retired senior citizens. Besides Saakshi and Ashutosh, two new actors will also be the part of this ' Neha Mishra and Aman Dhaliwal.

The event was held in Axis Bank, Lokhandwala, Andheri. The most important man who earlier was not recognized in the event was director Gurbir. But later on everyone took an interview of this director. The main attention of the press meet was Saakshi Tanwar, who is hardly seen in parties. She was dressed very simple as she had worn pista color Punjabi suit and was quite excited for giving the interviews.

Saakshi Tanwar plays the character called Kavita, who is Ashutosh Rana (Kamal)'s wife. We spoke to Saakshi about her role, "The main role is of Ashutosh Rana who plays the character called Kamal. He is associated with theatre group and also owns of newspaper."

While the two debutants Aman Dhaliwal and Neha Mishra were just busy posing for the photographer's. After giving a lot number of clicks for the paparazzi, the two new comers were spending time together while the rest of star cast arrived little late.

The film is releasing on 17th of April. -Sampurn Media

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/coffee-house-press-meet_100171214.html

Edited by muaaz - 25 March 2009 at 10:24am
saakshi_fan Newbie
saakshi_fan
saakshi_fan

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys...

Sakshi's recent interview

link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Simple-is-boring-says-Sakshi/articleshow/4314754.cms

That's the reason why television's favourite bahu, Sakshi Tanwar, doesn't like being written about much. Before taking a 'big' plunge, the actor talks to TOI about competition and creative satisfaction

What made you choose this role?
Years back, when I started off, the first good role that came my way was offered by Gurbir Singh Grewal. It was for a serial on Doordarshan. He didn't know how I was as an actor, but had full faith in me. There was no looking back after that. I came to Mumbai and a whole new world opened its doors to me. So, when he called me up some time back for Coffee House, I gave him my nod, without even asking a single question. I wouldn't say it's my gurudakshina to him, because that's too small a word to explain what I feel. Earlier, I had played a cameo in C Kkompany, but this is my first full-fledged film.

What's your role like?
I play Kavita, the protagonist's (Ashutosh Rana) wife in the film that deals with several social issues. I'm his support system. Neither of them are idealistic. Though Kamal (Ashutosh) is more rigid, Kavita is worldy-wise. She's a very strong woman and I loved playing every bit of the character.

How different is your role from that you played on television?
No, Kavita is very different from Parvati — the character that I played on TV for eight years. The issues in the popular soap revolved around the Agarwal family. I would say, the film is a step forward. Kavita is stronger than Parvati. She is a girl next-door, who doesn't say much in words. Unlike Parvati, she isn't sari-clad all the time and runs her father's newspaper. Though Kavita is high in moral values, she has the freedom of thought and is very human.

So, will television take a backseat from now on?
An actor needs a platform to showcase his/her creativity. It could be serials, stage or films. When I got into television, I didn't know my serials would be so popular. So, after the popular soap was pulled off air, I took a six month's break before giving a final nod to films. If a character appeals to me, I'll not think whether it's for small or big screen. I'll take it up.

Don't you regret having joined films so late?
Things happen when they are meant to happen. There's nothing like wish I had joined films two years earlier! I fully believe in destiny.

Prachi Desai, Rajeev Khandelwal and Aamna Sharif have switched over from small to big screen. Does that mean more competition?
To begin with, competition is a healthy thing and there's no harm in it. But I don't think about people who've joined films from television. The whole idea is to give a competitive performance. Main jo kam karungi, usmein 100 per cent hi doongi. The best part about Bollywood today, is that a lot of experimental subjects are coming up. Even talented actors, who would sit at home because they didn't belong to the so-called bracket of commercial heroes, are finding good work. There's something for everyone who's talented.

You are a recluse...
(Laughs) That's because in my initial interviews, I had spoken about everything. So, I was
practically left with nothing to talk about. Also, I'm not an extrovert and can't deal with media much. I don't like being written about much. Simple is boring! Who would want to read so much about me?

queen_hetepet Senior Member
queen_hetepet
queen_hetepet

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:06am | IP Logged
@Bushra - Hiya buddy - missed you and the forum heaps too!! How are you anyways? I hope all is well and happy - I am good, am so excited to hear that Saakshis proper debut film into bollywood is gonna be released finally!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this movie gives her the platform she deserves to get awesome roles for the future!!!! :P
queen_hetepet
queen_hetepet

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Saakshi and Fellow co-stars at film launch of "Coffee House"

queen_hetepet
queen_hetepet

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Okay, so I know I am being rather inquisitive or just plain nosy, but is it me or is Saakshi wearing a ring on her engagement finger (ring finger on left hand - am not sure how prevalent it is in India, from what I know both hands can wear engagement rings, but here in Australia, ring on left hand ring finger means you're getting or are married!) - she seems to be hiding the ring in a couple of the photos, what do you guys think?

Anyways, regardless of anything, thought this little observation deserved some pondering, at least to liven up the forum discussions anyhow (hopefully its not too libelous or something! If it seems so please let me know and I will edit my post as I don't mean it to be taken in a negative manner).

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Hi Geeta  Big smileThanks a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot for picsBig smile.Me fine yaar hope every thing fine in ur side Big smile.

Hi Sakshi Big smile thanks for sakshi interview and article Clap
 Hi Guys post sakshi interview Big smile

The medium is not important for me, the role is
Saakshi Tanwar 

For the last eight years, the nation has known her as Parvati Agarwal. In fact, so powerful has been her presence and role that viewers just refused to accept her in any other role. It would not be an overstatement to say that she, along with Smriti Irani (Tulsi in Kyun Ki…) epitomized the character of a bahu in Indian television. Meet Saakshi Tanwar, who has taken a new stride in her career by deciding to move to the big screen. The pretty actress chatted with Tellychakkar on life after Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki,her upcoming film Coffee House and other plans for the future.

How is life after Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki?

(smiles) Well, I have to admit that initially it was very weird! It was difficult to imagine a day when I could wake up late and leisurely do everything instead of rushing to get ready and heading for the sets of Kahani …Guess eight years had made me get used to the routine! I really felt weird and lost when I did not have to go to the sets of Kahaani, meet my colleagues and start shooting for an episode. It was difficult to adjust.

But I guess I needed this break – on the personal and professional front. In fact, I feel even the audience needed a break from me! I am sure they were also getting bored seeing the same face in the same role for eight years!

I went on a long holiday to the US and UK and chilled out. This is the first time I went on a holiday without having a tight schedule. I really took it easy and stayed there for as long as I wanted to. After coming back to India, I went to Rajasthan and spent a month with my parents. I am back now, recharged to take on new challenges in my professional life.

Are you in touch with your Kahaani… colleagues?

Yes of course! They are like my second family. We had been working together for eight years and these are the people who supported me when I came to Mumbai eight years back. I am in touch with almost everyone associated with this show and we meet up pretty often.

Did you watch television during this break?

When I was working in Kahaani…, I hardly got time to watch even one episode of any show. However, after Kahaani…, I have been relaxing and watching two Balaji shows regularly – Bandini and Kitni Mohabbat Hai and am liking both of them. Another serial I have been following is Balika Badhu – it is one of the best ongoing shows today. However, in the last few days there is some interior work that is going on in my house and thus I am not being able to watch television.

Did you stay away from work completely?

Not really. I have a friend who has a production company. She offered me a very interesting role for a month. She produces a serial called Samman for DD1 and wanted me to help her with the production of the serial. It was a fantastic opportunity and I readily accepted it. Today I am thankful and grateful to her for having given me this opportunity.

Actors come on the sets, deliver their bit and go back thinking they are the most important aspect of a show. But this behind-the-scenes stint taught me how important the other aspects of production are. I did everything – reading and discussing scripts, sitting in the editing table, deciding on sets and even going down on my knees to find a lost earring of the heroine to ensure continuity! I think I am much enlightened after this stint. My friend was very gracious in putting my name in the credit list as creative consultant.

How did you get the offer for Coffee House?

While I was shooting for Kahaani …I got a call from the director of Coffee House – Gurbir Singh. He asked me whether I was ready to take up a role in his film. Not many people are aware that Gurbirji was the person who offered me my first role in television – for a show called Dastoor. Those days I was a greenhorn, but still he had faith in my capabilities and offered me the role. Since the offer of Coffee House came from him, I definitely had to give it a good thought.

Plus, many times it has happened in my life – and perhaps in everyone's life – while talking to someone about a project, an instinct tells you that it is something good for you. There may apparently be no rhyme or reason, but you do sense an inner voice telling you that it will be good. I got the same feeling with this film. Plus my saying yes also meant me saying thank you to him for restoring his faith in me.

Tell us something about the film and your role in it.

I am playing the role of Kavita, the wife of the male protagonist (played by Ashutosh Rana) Kamal. He owns a newspaper and runs a theatre group. Both of them are completely different individuals and have different ways to approach life and have varied ideologies. Kavita brings in the much required balance in their relationship.

The couple visits a coffee house where they meet up with a number of friends and discuss their life, politics and the society in general. They spend hours there to understand different points or view and also present theirs on various issues. In other words, Coffee House is a contemporary, socio economic statement.

Have you ever been to a coffee house in your real life?

Yes of course! During my college days in Delhi, we used to go to Coffee House a lot. And anyone who has visited a coffee house will know that this is usually located close to the University and government run. As a result, you get inexpensive but good food there. So it was a much-favoured hangout during our college days, since we had to run on limited pocket money. Most of our birthday parties and other celebrations took place in coffee house. So I can relate to the film's scenario very well!

Any plans for the small screen? Will it take a back seat with you being busy with Coffee House?

Honestly speaking, I believe that we are ruled by our destiny. In my eight years of television career, I have never met anyone with a request to give me a role. But destiny has its own plans stored for me. If working in films was there in my destiny, I could have done this movie six years back. But that is not how it was supposed to be.

For me the medium is not important, the role is. If the role is good, I am ready to do a film, TV serial or a street play – it does not matter to me. Also, for most actors getting out of the comfort zone is very important. I am happy that I have been able to do that after Kahaani. I feel now is the time when I need to create my niche space in the industry.

Television is changing. Films are becoming more experimental. I think the division and gap between films and television is getting bridged.

Any plans of getting married and settling down in your personal life?

(Smiles) I am sorry I could not hear that question!
muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Sakshi Tanwar on Coffee House

Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Like most actors whose long running shows on television have suddenly wrapped up, Sakshi Tanwar too feels an emptiness as she gets used to not shooting daily with her 'family'. And with the show's run ending after eight years, the actress took time off to bond with her family and friends, spend time with her parents and even learn the ropes at a television production house. She followed the newer TV shows airing and especially liked Ballika Vadhu and Bandini. But perhaps what kept her busiest was shooting for her film Coffee House, directed by Gurbir Singh. We caught up with the resourceful actress to find out more about the film, getting used to life without Kahaani and her experience behind the cameras.

How is life after Kahaani'?
In the beginning, it felt strange that the show was over. I started working on Kahaani as soon as I came to Mumbai and suddenly, eight years have passed without me even realising. My association with Mumbai is as old as my association with the show. The whole cast and crew of Kahaani was my support system. They took care of me and made me comfortable. My family was not here at that time but the Kahaani team made me feel secure. I am in touch with most of them and we meet up occasionally. When Kahaani wrapped up there was a vacuum; I didn't know what to do. I decided to take a break and went to the US and the UK for a month. I have relatives there and usually, when I visit them, I am always in a rush to come back. But this time there was no pressure and I did not have to cut short my holiday.
When I got back, my parents, who live in Rajasthan, told me that it has been a while since I spent time with them them so I visited them for a month. In that time, I got over the habit of working everyday and by the time I was back in Mumbai, everything had settled down.

Have you started your own production house?
No, there was this friend of mine who started her production house. She was in a need of a helping hand and I was not in the mood to get back to the daily shooting routine so I told her that I would help. I learnt everything about production and I am still learning; from scripting to all the dirty work that goes into making a show to maintaining continuity. Whether it was the AD's job or the script assistant's, I just wanted to do everything. I realised that there are lots of things that go into making a show; not just the actors in front of the camera. Actors walk away with all the credit. For three months I was busy with concept meetings, editing, casting and everything. This was for the fictional show Samman that airs on DD and my friend was gracious enough to put my name in the credits as a creative consultant.

Did you write any of the show's episodes?
I did suggest a few ideas, out of which some were accepted and some rejected. Mostly, I was part of the creative process. I was also inspired by Kahaani for some of my ideas for the show.

Do you plan to start your own production house?
Right now, I don't think that I am ready to take up creative work or start my own production house. Scripting does excite me but I think that I have lots to do as an actor first. I want to be known as an actor; if something happens along with it, then so be it.

Tell us about the film Coffee House.
I was still doing Kahaani when this film was offered to me. It was in December 2007, I got a call from Gurbirji (Gurbir Singh, director). He told me he was making his first Hindi film and he wanted me to be a part of it. I instantly said yes. Every time I decide to do something, I follow my instinc

What is your character all about?
I play Kavita, the main protagonist Kamal's (Ashutosh Rana) wife. They are a regular couple and have very strong ideologies. But they both like to stick to their own ideologies and have differences of opinion. Kamal's character is rigid, while she is more flexible. She runs a newspaper and he is from the theatre industry. She tries to give him a more balanced view on life.

What is the connection between the title of the film and the story?
I do not know but in places like Delhi, coffee house culture is very popular. I used to go there regularly during my college days. Mostly, there are these Government-run coffee houses where you get dosa, idli and all with chai at very reasonable rates. We were a group of about 12 girls who used to meet up. We would go there to celebrate birthdays as our parents had certain boundaries set for us and this was an ideal place to.

What is your character all about?
I play Kavita, the main protagonist Kamal's (Ashutosh Rana) wife. They are a regular couple and have very strong ideologies. But they both like to stick to their own ideologies and have differences of opinion. Kamal's character is rigid, while she is more flexible. She runs a newspaper and he is from the theatre industry. She tries to give him a more balanced view on life.

What is the connection between the title of the film and the story?
I do not know but in places like Delhi, coffee house culture is very popular. I used to go there regularly during my college days. Mostly, there are these Government-run coffee houses where you get dosa, idli and all with chai at very reasonable rates. We were a group of about 12 girls who used to meet up. We would go there to celebrate birthdays as our parents had certain boundaries set for us and this was an ideal place to.

Are you still interested in television roles?
I will accept any good role, whether film, serial or street play. But since I can now afford to sit back and choose, I would like to do work which challenges me. It is important to break out of your comfort zone. I am happy that the divide between films and TV is reducing and TV actors are getting a chance to perform. I did reject a lot of offers, not because they were not good, but because I wanted to take a break. I have recently finished shooting for another film, a satirical comedy, but I cannot reveal anything about it.

http://www.indya.com/

Edited by muaaz - 26 March 2009 at 7:54am

Go to top