Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi Geeta thanks a lot for video...... Sakshi looks stunning in clips.

Hi Deepti thanks for the article.
winner13 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hi guys.😃 How are you all??? Firstly, apologies for the 'great' disappearing act… was really busy… bit short of time today too, so just this lil msg... 😳 this is for all here…👏 many, many thanks to all of you, Geeta, Deepthi, Bushra…😃 for posting these wonderful videos, articles and pics of Saakshi…😃 aw, its so wonderful to read about her and from her again…😳 the interviews were awesome… sweet, simple and so honest…😳 Miss her loads!!!😭😭😭 Great to know that Coffee House is releasing soon, waiting eagerly to see it… 😍 she is looking too cute in those pics…😍 unfortunately, haven't been able to watch the videos yet, will do so a.s.a.p. … hope to be around more often, but won't be possible for some time…😭 will be quite irregular… will try to make some more of my lil posts on Queen Janki whenever I can… thanks for all the kind words on my last post…😳 and welcome back Chandrika, good to see you again yaar…😳 Many thanks to all again, hope you guys keep rocking this special thread...😳 Take care, bye.

Lots of love,🤗

Winnie.

saakshi_fan thumbnail
Feature Film Coffee House Ready For Release in April,09

The feature film Coffee House is ready for release presented by Shivkala Motion Picture in association with Marwah Studios and GTV International, produced by Mahim Mittal, Sandeep Marwah and Krishan Kumar.The film is written and directed by President Award Winner Gurbir Garewal who has written and directed number of Super hit TV serials. The cast includes Ashutosh Rana and Sakshi Tanwar jointly for the first time. Music by Javed Kumar, Dances by Longiness Fernandes, Cinematography by Sabestian AKN, Lyrics by Mahim Mittal, Backround Music by Sanjay Chakarvarty, Sound by Avneet Garewal, Editing by Omkar Nath Bhakri and Rerecording by Deepan Chatterjee.

The other artist includes Paintal, Aman Dhariwal, Neha Mishra, Hemant Pandey, Harsh Chaya, Vinod Nagpal, Javed Knan, and S.M.Zaheer. The film Director has also given opportunity to many trained artist from Asian Academy Of Film And TV AAFT, Noida in various roles.

"The film covers social objectives and highlight different family problems" said Gurbir Garewal at the press conference at Mumbai." It was a very humble start when my friend Gurbir narrated the subject to Mahim Mittal in my room we all decided to go ahead with feature film, keeping in mind it is so important to tell people the truth of the society", said Sandeep Marwah of Marwah Studios and Founder of Film City Noida. "I found that this can be the best way to combine the cast and crew from Delhi, Noida and Mumbai. "The film was shot in record time." added Marwah.

The songs are sung by Sunidhi Chauhan, Sadhna Sargam, Manoj Mishra, Roop Kumar Rathod, and Sonali Rathod informed Mahim Mittal.
# # #

Aaft is the first ten best film schools of the world.attracting students from 68 countries of the world.offering 30 media courses from 3 months to three years.
saakshi_fan thumbnail
Hey guys!!

Some pics of our Queen....here are the links!!!

http://www.surfbollywood.com/cacheimg/DSC01284_1.jpg

http://www.surfbollywood.com/cacheimg/DSC01285_1.jpg

she's really gorgeous in these pics.......

Regards,
Deepthi
muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Deepti 😃 for pics links & Articl. Sakshi looks gorgeous😃

Hi winnie 😃 how r U .AgrEE so wonderful for Read about Sakshi Miss her a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt😭😭😭.Waiting ur post about Queen janki 😃.
Edited by muaaz - 15 years ago
queen_hetepet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Saakshi Tanwar gets nostalgic

Mumbai: For a lot of actors, the walk to stardom has not been easy. But for Saakshi Tanwar, who has become the bhabhi of the nation, it wasn't that difficult.
Going back in time: Saakshi Tanwar

Saakshi, a student of Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi was perusing a diploma course in software for three-and-half years. And like a diligent student, she was gung-ho about civil services and seriously preparing for that until something happened.

"One fine day, a friend called me and asked whether I was interested in hosting a show. I was puzzled. She told me that her producer wanted someone who could speak good Hindi and had a decent face. My friend was hosting the show for DD and her co-host hadn't turned up. It was an eleventh hour call. Thinking of no harm, I went ahead and did it," Saakshi says.

And thus began her journey to stardom. She started hosting shows on a temporary basis and that made way for a good amount of pocket money.

And then finally big break came in the form of the serial Rajdhani. "Director Gurbir Singh Grewal offered my first lead role and things changed drastically," she says.

She began shooting from Delhi. Slowly, in between all this her studies took a backseat. And the reactions from her family were quite varied. "My father was very supportive but my mother was a little reluctant. While doing the show, I started writing the script for Bhanwar, a show on real life stories. I realised over time that what I was doing was not for pocket money; it was more of exploring my creative side," she adds.

After this stint, she came down to Mumbai for a few days. "I was supposed to do a show which was produced by Kunal Kohli and Raveena Tandon. But it never took off. Then one day I went to the Balaji office with a friend who had to collect a cheque from them. That's when Ekta's maasi Nirmala Sood spotted me. She wanted my photographs and in no time I bagged the lead role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii," she says.

Interestingly, she did not want shift her base from Delhi to Mumbai and turned down the offer. "I was a little scared to move to Mumbai. I put up different conditions to politely turn down the offer. Surprisingly, Ekta agreed to all the conditions and thus began the journey of Parvati bhabhi," she ends.

Edited by queen_hetepet - 15 years ago
queen_hetepet thumbnail
Hey guys, here are some youtibe video links about Saakshi in coffee house and the press conference etc... some repeat the info, but in all there are some quite gud clips showing saakshi's acting in the movie.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtRIF9weMA (v.gud clip shows bits of the movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycohWQUUyJk (interview of Ashutosh, diff clips, gud vid)

Exoctica thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi all,

Thanks for the pics and info about Sakshi!

As for the Rajshri videos, I haven't able to watch them since epi 492 coz of buffering issues... 😔

What about all of u?
queen_hetepet thumbnail

MOVIE Review:  COFFEE HOUSE 

Film: Coffee House (Drama)
Cast: Ashutosh Rana, Sakshi Tanwar, Harsh Chhaya
Direction: Gurbir Singh Grewal
Duration: 2 hours
Critic's Rating:

Remember your coffee house days when you measured life in coffee spoons and talked about conquering the moon. Well, now it's time to re-visit those high aspiration times when revolution seemed round the corner and Utopia anything, but an impossible dream.

Coffee House is a small, unostentatious, yet meaningful film about dreaming big, seeking change and making a difference. Naturally, in today's high-voltage electioneering, the film comes as a topical reminder of the power of the common man. Ostensibly inspired by the life and times of noted theatre activist, Safdar Hashmi who died a brutal death in the 1990s, the film focuses on the valiant attempts of Ashutosh Rana and his street theatre group to change the system and make it more accountable, inclusive and humane. Apart from his nukkad natak, Rana also runs his wife's (Sakshi Tanwar) newspaper but steps back when the business interests of the paper come in conflict with his voice-of-protest editorial content. This however is a minor point of conflict between the much in love husband and wife who are the focal point of the ensemble cast which assembles in the neighbourhood coffee house for its daily adda-baazi sessions. The coffee house does not only witness a robust exchange of ideas on society, politics and ethics, it also becomes a platform for showcasing contemporary India's major problems.

the theatre group includes a live-in couple that breaks apart when the ambitious young girl is seduced by corporate honcho, Harsh Chhaya into a richer, more glamorous world of TV journalism. Also present are a group of senior citizens with their own share of problems (neglect and lack of respect from their offspring) and a con men trio that does a Robin Hood to corrupt bureaucrats.

Eventually, all the assorted coffee house regulars (read decent citizens, desirous of change) come together and begin a home-spun revolution. This naturally rattles the ruling politicians who are not ready from the new Indian who calls himself a Hindustani instead of a Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isai. Time for the goons to rush in....

The film scores mostly in its performances by actors who may not be big stars but are big in talent. Like, Ashutosh Rana who plays a consummate activist; Harsh Chhaya who perfects the art of genteel exploitation; Vinod Nagpal who touches you with his oldie 'emotional fool' act and Sakshi Tanwar who makes a smooth switch from the ever-wailing Parvati (Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki) to a woman of substance. Don't go looking for regular naach-gana and gloss and you will find substance and a soul.

Edited by queen_hetepet - 15 years ago
saakshi_fan thumbnail
thank u very much for the review... looking forward to watching the movie :)

Deepthi