Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

The Elegant & Beautiful Sakshi Tanwar (Page 104)

luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
@ muaaz:

Hi Bushra! Smile...How are you Pal? Its been ages since i came around..Embarrassed...hope your exams went on very well yaar! Wink..so you must be chilling around at home right now..Big smile...Missed You yaar! Ouch...well, First of all, how do i Thank You enough dear? Embarrassed Smile...for having been around whenever possible n for having posted all those articles, video links n pics..Clap...Thank You so much for all that info yaar, n also for those Amazing Rakhi swayamvar video links with Sakshi in it...Embarrassed Hug...n also for those Super Gorgeous pics of Sakshi! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed...OMG!!...believe me, i was totally clean bowled looking at those pics! Day Dreaming Blushing...My Super Gorgeous Sakshi looks as stunning as ever!! Embarrassed Hug Day Dreaming...n as always, words fail me...Smile Embarrassed....i could'nt notice anyone but Sakshi around there! Embarrassed Day Dreaming...n Sakshi did Rock throughout!! Dancing...As Always! Party...TOUCHWOOD...Sakshi's the Best!! Clap...I truly Miss her Heaps on TV n hope to see her around with a new show soon! Thumbs Up...Take care...

@ Winnie:

Hi Winnie! Smile...How are you yaar?...finally managed it to the Forum..Embarrassed...hope i can come around more often henceforth! Wink...will defo try to yaar..Embarrassed...Missed you so much dearie! Cry...A Big Thank You to you to for having kept the Forum with your Ever Rocking posts, whenever possible! Clap...hope to read more of your posts soon yaar! Smile...can't wait for you to get back to the Forum...Big smile Embarrassed...till then, Take Care n Have a Gr8 time! Wink

@ Shweta:

Hi Shweta! Smile...How are you yaar?...Hope your studies n your course are going Gr8! Big smile...Miss you Loads yaar...Cry..Wish you the very Best in all your endeavours n hope to see you around the Forum sometimes! Embarrassed Wink..Take Care yaar...

@ Geeta:

Hi Geeta! Smile...Howdy Buddy? Its been really long...hope all's well at your end! Wink...Thank You so much yaar, for having kept our Fav thread alive with all your Rocking posts! Clap...n apologies for not being around for so long! Embarrassed...just got a 'lil held up...Missed you too yaar! Ouch...Haven't seen you around the Forum lately...you seem to busy...Embarrassed...hope to see you back with your Fantabulous Posts, Pics, Articles n Videos! Big smile...Take care...

@ Deepthi:

Hi Deepthi! Smile...How are you yaar?...Haven't seen you around lately...Embarrassed...hope to see you around our Fav thread with your Rocking article n video collection! Big smile...Take Care...

Lots of Love n Hugs!!

luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Hey Buddies! Smile Putting up a Sakshi sig...Embarrassed..Do feel free to use & leave your comments! Big smile

Cheers

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

muaazSakshi_Deewani

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luv_sakshi

@ muaaz:

Hi Bushra! Smile...How are you Pal?Hi Chandrika Big smileme fine .how r u .Its been ages since i came around..Embarrassed.Really yaar miss u a looooooot and also other friends..hope your exams went on very well yaar! Wink..so you must be chilling around at home right now..Big smileexam doing well but i am feeling so booring right now Confusedi apply for job hope getting job soon.pray for me ..Missed You yaar! OuchMe toOuch.well, First of all, how do i Thank You enough dear? Embarrassed Smile...for having been around whenever possible n for having posted all those articles, video links n pics..Clap...Thank You so much for all that info yaar, n also for those Amazing Rakhi swayamvar video links with Sakshi in it...Embarrassed Hug...n also for those Super Gorgeous pics of Sakshi! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed...OMG!!...believe me, i was totally clean bowled looking at those pics! Day Dreaming Blushing...My Super Gorgeous Sakshi looks as stunning as ever!! Embarrassed Hug Day Dreaming.Agree with U Sakshi Looks super gorgeous and stunning.Day Dreaming Day DreamingDay Dreaming.n as always, words fail me...Smile Embarrassed....i could'nt notice anyone but Sakshi around there! Embarrassed Day Dreaming...n Sakshi did Rock throughout!! Dancing...As Always! Party...TOUCHWOOD...Sakshi's the Best!! Clap.completely agree every word u say..ClapClap ClapI truly Miss her Heaps on TV n hope to see her around with a new show soon! Thumbs UpMiss sakshi a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot CryCry. Cry..Take care...

take care with Love,

Bushra.

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 18 July 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luv_sakshi

Hey Buddies! Smile Putting up a Sakshi sig...Embarrassed..Do feel free to use & leave your comments! Big smile

Cheers

Hi ChandrikaBig smile wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow super gorgeous SigClap Love itClap this for uStar Keep Rocking .

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 19 July 2009 at 2:42am | IP Logged

Ramp-aging in Bindis & Mehendis.

KATHMANDU, July 19: The ballroom at Everest Hotel looked all deserted at 9:30 am on Saturday. Radico Fashion Private Limited had invited journalists at 9:30 in the morning for the launch of their new fashion product. But what was the product? It was kept a secret. And it was to be launched by Sakshi Tanwar, more popularly known as Parvati Agrawal of the popular Indian teleserial "Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki".

Tanwar arrived in Kathmandu on Friday evening and she had promised to unveil Radico's new fashion ensemble on Saturday morning. Sadly, there was no one inside the ballroom at the given time other than the technicians. After waiting for around two and half hours, the invitees and journalists were finally relieved to see the event get underway at last.

Model turned actress Nisha Adhikary started the event, but Tanwar was still not around. Sources said she had gone to bow before Pashupatinath Temple and it would take some time still for her to reach the launch venue. The curtain got raised despite her absence and amidst many technical hassles.

After much anticipation about what the new product would be like, the organizers finally uncovered their "very special fashion accessory". It was Radico's different styles of "bindi" (A decoration, often a red dot, traditionally worn on the forehead by married Hindu women and now also by other Asian women and girls in different color and shape varieties).

Radico Fashion Private Limited is an international company which has been producing herbal hair colors and hair styling creams with natural ingredients. It has spread its wings to 45 countries worldwide. Now it also wants to get into skin fashion. That was why the fashion house also promoted some imitation tattoos (mehendi) during the launch program.

It must have been quite embarrassing for emcee Nisha Adhikary when Tanwar failed to appear on stage despite repeated invitations. Meanwhile, chief guest Dr Arzu Rana Deuba lit the traditional oil lamp to begin the program. And then the much awaited Sakshi Tanwar also showed up to grace the show. Wearing a beautifully embroidered satin-silk sari, quite like those lavish things she wore for her serial and with a heavy jhumka falling to her neckline, Tanwar walked up the ramp to launch the bindis.

"Sabko Mera Pyaarbhara Namaskar (Warm greetings to everyone). Your country is as beautiful as you all are," she made it short and went on to unveil Radico's new bindis.

"These are a beautiful accessory. They make traditional Hindu women look so cultural and they complete us. I thought bindis, mehendis and tikas were only popular in India. I'm pleased to learn that these things play equal value in Nepali women's life too. After all, we share a lot in common. Don't we?" Tan war said and smiled gracefully.

Additionally, many other guests at the extravaganza shared their views on how the relationship between women and bindis has grown stronger over the years. How they play a major role in women's life, depict their pride and personality and how they complete the make up ensembles for any women or even for teenagers now.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/?action=news_details&news_id=7628

To that added Arzu Rana Deuba, "Fashion and presentation are so important for women in their lives. While I was doing my PhD in India, faculty members often asked me why I was so much into fashion than my studies. I asked them not to judge me by my looks. That's another part of my personality. Women can't simply keep themselves away from fashion. And on top of that bindis make us feel so complete."

The surprise of the event was not bindis, actually. Things took an interesting turn when our very own Nepali models and movie heroines did the catwalk. Actress Rejina Uprety, Mahima Pokharel and promising models like Hema Shrestha, Kunchhang Moktan, Kalpana Shrestha and Eliza Giri stole the show stomping the ramp flaunting Mehndi designs and bindis. Not to miss were the beautiful dresses they were adorned in. Special mention goes to the students of batch five at Namuna College of Fashion Technology (NCFT) who came with their creative evening gowns and one-piece designs that looked so carefully constructed.

"We'll soon come up with seasonal skin care products," confided Sanjeev Dutta, managing director of Radico Fashion Private Limited, and Sakshi Tanwar promised to return to Nepal and exploring more the country and its natural beauties.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/?action=news_details&news_id=7628

Edited by muaaz - 19 July 2009 at 2:44am
muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:31pm | IP Logged

Hi siruBig smile Thanks for information.But i am not able to watch because i dont get DDI hope anyone put the vedio.

DD1

Channel Genre : Hindi Entertainment

Channel Language : Hindi
Programs for Saturday, July 25, 2009

The News Saturday 25th July
8:00 PM to 8:15 PM

Genre : News | News Bulletin

Tag : Current Affairs

Synopsis:
News Bulletin.

Samachar
Saturday 25th July
8:15 PM to 8:30 PM

Genre : News | News Bulletin

Tag : Current Affairs

Synopsis:
News Bulletin.

Faujji - The Iron Man Saturday 25th July
8:30 PM to 9:00 PM

Genre : TV Show | Drama | Language :Hindi

Tag : Drama

Synopsis:
A tale revolving around a man who is plotting to ruin the Indian economy and the army's efforts to stop him from carrying out his plans.

Kab Kyon Kaise Saturday 25th July
9:00 PM to 9:30 PM

Synopsis:
Show anchored by Sakshi Tanwar. It focuses on crimes against women.

No Smoking
Saturday 25th July
9:30 PM to 12:00 AM

Genre : Film | Drama | Language :Hindi

Tag : Drama , Thriller

Synopsis:
Thriller has a chain smoker enter a rehabilitation centre, on his wife's insistence. He is released with a threat that if he starts smoking again, the life of his family is in danger.

This show also air in 1 august

Programs for Saturday, August 01, 2009

Kab Kyon Kaise Saturday 1st August
9:00 PM to 9:30 PM

Synopsis:
Show anchored by Sakshi Tanwar. It focuses on crimes against women.

Edited by muaaz - 20 July 2009 at 10:38pm
muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 10:51pm | IP Logged

Hi i am confuesd here in TVR rating they show the tvr of KAB KYON KAISE its mean this show already on air

DD1 23-Apr-09 Thu 9:30 PM KRAZZY KIYA RE 20.45
DD1 25-Apr-09 Sat 9:00 PM KAB KYON KAISE 18.62
DD1 23-Apr-09 Thu 9:00 PM HARI MIRCHI LAL MIRCHI 18.12
DD1 21-Apr-09 Tue 10:01 PM CHANDRAMUKHI 17.76
DD1 19-Apr-09 Sun 12:01 PM HFF GUMNAAM 17.6

DD1 23-Apr-09 Thu 9:30 PM KRAZZY KIYA RE 3.89
Star Plus 21-Apr-09 Tue 9:31 PM YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI 3.83
DD1 25-Apr-09 Sat 9:00 PM KAB KYON KAISE 3.64
MAX 20-Apr-09 Mon 9:46 PM L/T DLF IPL2 T20 CSK/RCB-PE 6.01
MAX 19-Apr-09 Sun 9:18 PM L/T DLF IPL2 T20 KKR/DC-CT

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tvr/indextam.php4?startperiod=19/04/2009&endperiod=25/04/2009

muaaz IF-Dazzler
muaaz
muaaz

Posted: 24 July 2009 at 12:50am | IP Logged

Hi GuysBig smile Posting sakshi interview hope u like itBig smile.

We are drama queens: Sakshi Tanwar

KATHMANDU, July 22: A decade ago, Sakshi Tanwar was nobody to many, like most of us. Her father dreamt of her becoming a software consultant. And he invested heavily on her studies in in Software Engineering. She walked around as a free bird with no big dreams. She had options: if she would not be a software consultant, she would pursue either teaching students at a school or a job as civil servant.

And one day she met Ekta Kapoor (of the Balaji Telefilms). After which everything changed for her.

"I sill remember that day nine years ago. As I met Ekta, she offered me the lead role in her serial. I wasn't comfortable in the beginning. She warned me how my life would change in two weeks if I signed her offer," Sakshi reminiscenes.

And it did.

The idea was to accept the challenge of Ekta Kapoor. The debutante accepted the offer and got into her first serial. Her first step to showbiz was called "Kahani Ghar Gharki" (KGGK)

Before KGGK, there were hardly any teleserials on Star Plus channel. A different genre of Hindi soaps including crime investigation and horror used to dominate the evening shows. The household stories of "normal families" were never the content for the television audience. With the arrival of KGGK and "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" – another Balaji production – and wave of such women-based family shows the idea of producing such shows was soon adopted by Sony Television, Star's archrival in India. In fact, KGGK was one of the very few teleserials and one by Ekta Kapoor that ran for eight straight years and got the highest TRPs for Star Plus so far. Now Star Plus is entirely known for daily soaps that are based on family dramas and are high on emotive story content. In Nepal, the audience limited itself to Pakistani teleserials shown on Nepal Television (NTV).

Sakshi, more popularly known as Parvati of KGGK, had her role in the serial well received not only in India but also in Nepal. Housewives started to gather around their television every evening and the story content started to dictate the norm and understanding of a middle class urban family. The wives, daughters and mothers fell in love with Tanwar's character, and they made sure that they didn't miss any of the episodes. And if they did, they made sure they were updated with either a re-run or from their "saheli." It was then began the battles between husband and wife, father and mother started to erupt in families across. Men could not stand the soaps while women could not stop gluing themselves to such shows. The intense attraction of the family dramas may have shifted to reality-based shows like Indian Idol and Rakhi ki Swayambher, but the tussle between the men and women for remote control still holds strong.

On her short visit to Kathmandu for the promotion of a women's accessory product, Sakshi Tanwar talked to Republica about the growing popularity of serials in India, its influences, her career and more.

Excerpts:

Republica: Just like in India, there are a lot of people in Nepal, too, who love watching Hindi serials. How do you guys make people addicted so much?

Sakshi: See, when KGGK started, we wanted to make sure that we touched everything that happened to one's life. We wanted to deal with human emotions and we wanted to give people different ways of coming out their problems. We largely succeeded. That's why we're loved by so many.

You're talking about going close to reality through serials. You mean to say all that emotional dramas keep on taking place in real life? Often, it's just tragedies in serials.

Don't you think human life is so full of tragedies and miseries? And when it comes to women, it's even more. Isn't it a truth that we go through difficult times more that we come across happiness?

But because of these serials, men are often upset with their wives. Channels like Star Plus and Sony show serials one after the other and mostly during the evenings and men don't get to grab the remote control.

If the remote control is left to your "home minister" just for the evening hours only, what's so wrong about it? [Laughs]. Women look after everything from dawn to night. So let her chill down during the evening, and let her relate her own life and problems to the serials.

You said the kind of family drama serials Star Plus has been coming up with helps people come out of their problems. But there have been much complaints that the same serials add mess to households.

How can you say that? We always show that no matter what, truth wins by the end.

It may be true. But those sisters-in-law, who never fought before, started fighting with each other because they are influenced by Parvati and Pallavi of KGGK going the opposite directions in the serial. They are influenced by their lifestyles, and the accommodation standards your serials often depict. Now they want highly embellished and sophisticated lifestyle, heavy makeup kits, jewelries like you all wear. Even in boutiques, women are found saying 'I want saris like Parvati and Prerana wear in their serials.'

Yes, it's true that women want to look like us, want to dress up stylishly like the actors do in the serial. But what's wrong about that? Women are often tagged with beauty and sensitivity, aren't they? And if so, we ought to be beautiful. Even men want their wives to be like Parvati, a dedicated wife, a good homemaker, a good daughter-in-law, and a responsible mother. But they forget to be like Om (Parvati's husband in KGGK)) – a complete man in all disciplines. So if you behave like Parvati, your in-laws will get all what you want.

You talk about getting close to reality. Everything's portrayed so picture-perfect in the serials. But don't you think women in real life don't wake up wearing an embroidered sari on and in full makeup even when they are physically ill. Take yourself for example. You must've been 90 to 100 years in KGGK before the serial came to an end. And you still looked like you were in your mid-thirties when you already had you great grandson.

[Laughs aloud] See, somewhere one has to draw the line between fiction and reality. You can't bring a 90-year-old to do the role. Besides, as actors, we come at the last stage of filming. We do have our say but we don't poke into the ideas of producers and directors. All of us are given our jobs. We concentrate on that. Apart from that, there's always good and bad about everything. It's up to you to what you want to take up.

Why do you think almost all Indian serials are so women-oriented? Can't there be serials based on lifestyles of men?

We have to admit that women are very emotional. We're drama queens, and television is a medium for us to get inspiration. We can't be rational like men. We don't understand James Bond coming out and shooting here and there all the time. We want relief, and we look forward to relating ourselves to something that's close to us. So serials are the right platform for women to come up with all that they face in their lives. And there are other reality shows for men on various channels.

Okay, coming to your personal life, KKGK ended more than half a year ago. What next in your career now?

After working for eight years, I surely deserve some rest. I've already worked for Ashutosh Rana's upcoming film "Coffeehouse" and I'm doing the Crime against Women program in Doordarshan. I guess I may not be doing serials again because somewhere in life you need to move in another direction. Let the new generation follow our steps. I'm single and I hope to be like my character in real life too.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=7749

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi

Go to top