Ragini khanna - Article

mich09 IF-Rockerz
mich09
mich09

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged

alsoread2("CBEFF8");

document.write("")

Guess what Ragini has in her genes

The charming Ragini Khanna recognised also as Govinda's niece is a chirpy, bright actress. With her feet planted firmly on the ground Ragini has no starry airs atleast for now! Currently seen on NDTV Imagine's Radha Ki Betiyaan kuch Kar Dikahayengi Ragini has been well received by viewers. Though she is now a recognized face what her fans are not aware of is her hidden talent. Ragini is a versatile singer and dancer. Now that should not be surprising as she hails from a family of good singers. Govinda's mother has been an outstanding classical singer. Govinda too sings well. And so does his elder sister (Ragini's mom). Along with her acting she is also focusing very seriously on her singing which is her second love.

Wanting to know more on this unknown facet of her life tellychakkar got up front and close with the appealing Ragini who not only spoke on everything close to her heart but even sang exclusively for tellychakkar listeners. Click on to the video to hear the mellifluous singer.

"I never dreamed of becoming an actor but a singer. Acting just happened to me but I'm happy doing both now. I've a dream to come up with my own album," says Ragini.

Elaborating on her talent she explains, "I'd been learning classical singing since 15 years and wanted to make it my career. Besides that I've also learnt to play the tabla, sitar, tanpura. Music is my worship. Whenever I sing I get peace of mind."

When do you get time to practice you singing and music? "Whenever I'm not shooting, I'm practicing. You can find me doing riyaaz with my guruji at home."

Not many people know that Ragini is a good dancer as well. "I've learnt Kathak. Alongside I had been doing jive, salsa, belly dancing, cha-cha and Bollywood style dancing as well.

So when do we see you launch your album? "I want to do everything independently and thus I know it will take a lot of time and capital to come up with my album. I initially worked in a call centre so that I could save money for my portfolio. I then went and auditioned for number of serials and finally landed up in Radha Ki Betiyaan…," she concludes.

Is there anything else in the pipeline? "I have three films in the pipeline but currently I can't reveal anything. The shooting has not yet begun. My first movie has Kumar Sahil and me in the lead roles," she states.

Until her film releases Ragini is happy exercising her vocal chords. May be some day she will be a singing-dancing heroine.

courtesy tellychakkar

Michelle

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thesaint148shanti05

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:59am | IP Logged
thanks for article she sure has a lot of spirt .....
good luck to her Embarrassed
shaz81 IF-Rockerz
shaz81
shaz81

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
wow i'm impressed what a nice girl and so talented TFS !!!
gambi IF-Rockerz
gambi
gambi

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
She is a bundle of talent! Tongue Thanks for sharing Mich. Tongue
amitbhubaneswar Newbie
amitbhubaneswar
amitbhubaneswar

Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:45am | IP Logged
she is surely the freshest person on tv now
and a terrific actor 2
  • Page 1 of 1