Jalwa Four 2 Ka 1
Jalwa Four 2 Ka 1

Ronit Roy's Maha sacrifice - Article

niveditha IF-Sizzlerz
niveditha
niveditha

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Ronit Roy's Maha sacrifice

Ronit Roy is working very hard for his role of Bhishma in Mahabharat. Apart from exercising everyday he is avoiding his favourite food like rice and fish. Since Ronit was busy in shooting we spoke to Neelam Roy about his diet and exercise regime.

"Both of us are on a weight loss programme so we have to take care of our eating habits. We love home made food so I do not give him too much sweet. I try and give him fat free or low calorie dishes so he does not eat food made up of butter and consume less oil. Moreover, I make sure he carries his lunch on sets everyday or send him the lunch. My mother in law also asks him to have at least toast and juice in the morning," reveals Neelam.

She however adds, "We can only put restrictions when we are on holidays otherwise he is very busy with his schedule. But now since he is on a weight loss mission he himself wakes up and has tea before he leaves home. He generally has salads in lunch or I give him jawar roti, dal and sabji. Rice is not definitely not a part of his food. When we prepare biryani he does not combine it with roti. He likes Chinese a lot, because it is very light food."

Neelam is thankful that food is a not a focal point for Ronit. "We like to dine together as he gets very less time and it is a way of giving company to each other," says Neelam.

About his gym schedule, Neelam says, "There are no fixed hours as such but he manages to go for an hour everyday. He rehearses for Mahabharat nearly 7 hours and then goes for his serial shoot so the cardio part of training is taken care of. He was very serious during Jhalak but now he is taking it a little easy. At least he is eating on time."

The shooting for Mahabharat begins on May 28. Some part has already been shot in Mumbai. The show will go on air in August.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top