Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 99)

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:10am | IP Logged

Another recent article:

Link: http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/06/06/3954/

"I am a nobody in Bollywood" - Rajeev Khandelwal Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Seema Pherwani, June 6, 2008 - 17:32 IST

In an industry where many glamour for 'fast fame on the fast lane', Rajeev Khandelwal continues to use words like honesty and conscience. Passionately stubborn about his craft, the actor had the guts to walk out of top rated telly serials ('Kahiin to Hoga' and 'Left Right Left') at the peak of his raging popularity. Post this, Rajeev changed gears, took a long sabbatical only to return with a bang with his flick Aamir.

We caught up with Rajeev on a rather philosophical note, while sipping some green tea, at his suburban pad in Goregoan. He says, "Actors are scared and insecure that if they're out of mind they will forever be out of sight. But I believe absence makes your heart grow fonder. Also, if you have it in you, you will always be back with something good for the public. So, here I am."

All gung-ho about his first film Aamir, which happens to be a thriller, the handsome hunk shares his life's journey, insecurities in an exclusive tte--tte with Seema Pherwani.

So, here goes Rajeev unplugged…read on.

After a long wait Aamir is finally being released. How do you look back at the journey?
Oh, it has been a wonderful experience. I was fortunate because the whole Aamir team was a very passionate lot, including the director and cameraman. They're the kind of people who are always dissatisfied with every shot and would want to actually go back and reshoot it every time. I love to work with professionals for whom cinema comes first and nothing else. For me, it was almost like starting from scratch.

We hear that you're already looking at other scripts?
I wanted to play a very fair game with the producers. So, I've wanted to wait for the release of the film to see how it fares at the box-office. Afterall, UTV and Anurag Kashyap have given me the first opportunity, and had faith in me in spite of my 'television tag'. Last few months, I've only been listening to scripts.

What kinds of films are being offered to you?
I am being offered films by decent banners and good people. But I would call it a herd mentality. This could simply be because I am doing a UTV film, so they want to sign me on. I keep telling producers, please see my work and then sign me on. A top company wanted to sign a contract with me for five films, which I didn't want to do. Simply because money has never really been my priority. My aim is to focus on good roles which give me creative satisfaction.

Now that's being a bit too humble…..afterall you've been a big tellystar?
(Smiles) No, I have moved on from the small screen to the big screen, so I am a nobody in Bollywood. I like to believe that I am starting from scratch. Some of my fans had gifted me a few portraits of mine (pointing at the walls) but now I've taken them all off. Simply, because I wanted to get into the skin of Aamir, the role which I've essayed in the film. I was a new comer on the sets of 'Kahiin to Hoga' when Ekta spotted me and I felt the same when we began shooting for Aamir… i.e. like a newcomer.

I have moved on from the small screen to the big screen, so I am a nobody in Bollywood.
What happens to your TV career? After 'Left Right Left', have you been approached by another production house for any of the soaps?
Almost all the big shows which are on air right now have approached me. I haven't really turned them down, but just conveyed it to them, that I am not prepared for TV as for now. Also, last one year, I was in a mood to slow down my pace in life. So, I kept refusing all the major soaps.

What do you think ails television?
TV producers keep offering me obscene amount of money and I keep telling them, please give me quality. So, the medium has to evolve further.

What's the main difference between television and films?
As a television actor, we get used to close ups being shot on the small screen but this is not the case on the big screen. I took some time to understand the nuances of the medium.

What if the film doesn't do well?
I feel life is so beautiful and is worth living. I love the thought of 'living on the edge'. I don't mind starting from scratch all over again and going back to a rental apartment, as long as I am breaking new ground.

I don't mind starting from scratch all over again and going back to a rental apartment
You can say this probably because you still don't have anybody financially depending on you?
Yes, that's true, I am still not a family man and I don't have to please a girlfriend. But I keep in mind that I've four people working for me at home. And I also want to give the best to my mom and dad. Ten years down the line, I want to feel good about my work. Failure and success are a part of life but I rather not do things which are not heartfelt. I too have my own insecurities, my jittery moments but I will never do something which the world thinks is the rule. I would rather play a gamble…follow my conscience (grins)… Usi mein to maza hain.

Tell us a little about your struggle in Mumbai?
I've rarely ever spoken about my struggle in Mumbai. It started in Delhi, when I managed to bag a small role as an actor. But that didn't work out, so I went on to script and direct a documentary. I came to Mumbai hoping that I would meet up producers to back my project. But wherever I went, they kept offering me a role. I was scared of saying yes because then I would be put into the 'confused category bracket'. Later, I figured out somewhere inside me I had a burning desire to act and get it out of my system.

I had no money and no place to stay here, so for about a year I stayed with a friend of mine. I didn't have a portfolio, but kept going for auditions. But nothing worked out till Balaji's 'Kahiin to Hoga' came up.

Aren't you thankful to Ekta Kapoor for having given you the first break?
Yes, of course. She knows which actor can actually fit into her characters.

Is there a casting couch in the industry?
I would say, there is a 'couch' everywhere, even in the corporate world. But if you have the talent to rise up, then you can set your own rules.

We heard you took special acting classes for Aamir?
Well, not classes but I did work very hard on my craft. Afterall, acting is like any other job where you keep improving yourself. You have to keep analysing yourself, even if you land the biggest break here.

How far do you identify with the character of Aamir?
When I was shooting for this film, I didn't think anybody was looking at me. I felt I am Aamir. As for now, I don't want to reshoot the film, as I've put my best foot forward, considering the situation and time frame I was in.

reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged

thnx for d article Big smile

so aamir is getting good response that sounds good Dancing

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged
"AAMIR'S" Review from My point of view.. today i went to see the movie not as a "Rajeevian" but as a normal individual..i speak as a normal individual..the movie was a outstanding effort..it is a movie with a message.. it carries a lot of meaning in every person day-to-day life... Aisi pictures roz-roz nahii banthi...it is a commendable effort made by every person in the movie..it is not only Rajeev whose work which is mastt...Every single person's work in that movie is just par excellence...chahe woh "Amit" ka music ho , "Amitabh" ke lyrics ho , ya "Alphonso" kii cinematography ho each & everything was in place.. perfect..i liked "Raj Kumar Gupta" direction.. it was cooll.. it was nice to watch a movie like "Aamir".. For people who love cinema, missing "Aamir" is not good... the movie is short,simple,no larger than life sets,no heroine,no love songs nothing at all but phir bhii yeh movie aap sab hi par ghehri chaap chod jayegi...it is a kind of a movie which a cinema lover will never want to miss...you may feel that may be because i'am a "Rajeevian" i'am supporting the movie... but it is not like that..i had taken my two cousins & a friend of mine with me to the movie... & my friend told me "Suri thanks for inviting me to such a movie which has so much of meaning.." the movie made me cry by the end... i was just staring at the screen & the movie ended.. tears were flowing down my eyes i never realized it.. Suddenly my cusin brother shouted "Superb movie Suri.." i never realized it then keerthi[my cusin sister.] saw that i was sniffing & crying & staring at the screen.. she was like "Don't cry... it is such a beautifully made film.." The songs in the movie once you see them will give you a total meaning..the songs really carry loads of relevant meaning on the movie "Aamir"...from the scene one to the last scene you can see "Rajeev".. he has done a brilliant job.. "Aamir" mein uski acting dekhkar yeh koi nahii keh sakega kii yeh uski pehli movie hai...I always knew "Rajeev" was a very good actor.. lekin joh usne "Aamir" movie mein kiya hai it is totally outstanding.. I'am very sure "Aamir" joh koi bhii dekhega whether she/he is a "Rajeevian" or not it will touch their hearts.. "Aamir" is a short movie for about one hour 50 mins.. but it is worth it..not even for a second i could move my eyes away from the screen..it was such a thriller... har ek pal something or the other was happening..& i surely did not even want to miss a bit of it...movie khatam hone ke baad   keerthi was like " are dekh lights on hue hai.. and all will see you crying.." i just managed to give her a smile.. Even now i'am not out of the "Aamir" hangover... The scenes of the songs were just too goodddd.. It carried so much of relevance... jab you see the songs with the scenes it will leave a chaap on your heart... The movie had "Rajeev" "All The Way".. He has very well stood up to the character of "Aamir Ali.." Nobody else could have played the role as well as "Rajeev" did... The placrs where the movie was shot were so crowed..lekin aisa lag raha tha kii "Rajeev" did it with ease... The way he expresses his emotions,his anger,his helplessness everything was amazing...The way the cameras have shot around the "Chor Bazar" , "Bhindi Bazar" , "Dharavi area" & other slum areas was just superb... I always knew "Rajeev" could make one cry , & laugh with him..but what he has done in "Aamir" is remarkable... it is awesome.. superb..outstanding..mind-blowing..mind-blasting..
fantastic...great...lovely..wonderful..par excellence.. bole tho ek dum jhakaas..raapchik..dhassu..bindaas... "Rajeev" surely deserves "The Best Critic Actor & the
Newcomer of the year 2008..." In short the movie is not be missed... Everything in the movie is MIND-BOGGLING...
According to me we can give "Aamir" a 4 star out of 5...     Day Dreaming

Edited by sun_423 - 06 June 2008 at 11:25am
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged

great review yaar Big smile

i am really happy Dancing

bhoomikauttam IF-Dazzler
bhoomikauttam
bhoomikauttam

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Watched Aamir today... First half felt the script is the hero of the movie.. second half finished and the movie.. I felt Oh Rajeev's perofrmance is the real hero.. Awesome.. We r so proud we have observed ur work closely and u didnt let us down.. surpassed our expectations..
sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sun_423

"AAMIR'S" Review from My point of view.. today i went to see the movie not as a "Rajeevian" but as a normal individual..i speak as a normal individual..the movie was a outstanding effort..it is a movie with a message.. it carries a lot of meaning in every person day-to-day life... Aisi pictures roz-roz nahii banthi...it is a commendable effort made by every person in the movie..it is not only Rajeev whose work which is mastt...Every single person's work in that movie is just par excellence...chahe woh "Amit" ka music ho , "Amitabh" ke lyrics ho , ya "Alphonso" kii cinematography ho each & everything was in place.. perfect..i liked "Raj Kumar Gupta" direction.. it was cooll.. it was nice to watch a movie like "Aamir".. For people who love cinema missing "Aamir" is not good... the movie is short,simple,no larger than life sets,no heroine,no love songs nothing at all but phir bhii yeh movie aap sab hi par ghehri chaap chod jayegi...it is a kind of a movie which a cinema lover will never want to miss...you may feel that may be because i'am a "Rajeevian" i'am supporting the movie... but it is not like that..i had taken my two cousins & a friend of mine with me to the movie... & my friend told me "Suri thanks for inviting me to such a movie which has so much of meaning.." the movie made me cry by the end... i was just staring at the screen & the movie ended.. tears were flowing down my eyes i never realized it.. Suddenly my cusin brother shouted "Superb movie Suri.." i never realized it then keerthi[my cusin sister.] saw that i was sniffing & crying & staring at the screen.. she was like "Don't cry... it is such a beautifully made film.." The songs in the movie once you see them will give you a total meaning..the songs really carry loads of relevant meaning on the "Aamir"...from the scene one to the last scene you can see "Rajeev".. he has done a brilliant job.. "Aamir" mein uski acting dekhkar yeh koi nahii keh sakega kii yeh uski pehli movie hai...I always knew "Rajeev" was a very good actor.. lekin joh usne "Aamir" movie mein kiya hai it is totally outstanding.. I'am very sure "Aamir" joh koi bhii dekhega whether she/he is a "Rajeevian" or not it will touch their hearts.. "Aamir" is a short movie for about one hour 50 mins.. but it is worth it..not even for a second i could move my eyes away from the screen..it was such a thriller... har ek pal something or the other was happening..& i surely did not even want to miss a bit of it...movie khatam hone ke baad   keerthi was like " are dekh lights on hue hai.. and all will see you crying.." i just managed to give her a smile.. Even now i'am not out of the "Aamir" hangover... The scenes of the songs were just too goodddd.. It carried so much of relevance... jab you see the songs with the scenes it will leave a chaap on your heart... The movie had "Rajeev" "All The Way".. He has very well stood up to the character of "Aamir Ali.." Nobody else could have played the role as well as "Rajeev" did... The placrs where the movie was shot were so crowed..lekin aisa lag raha tha kii "Rajeev" did it with ease... The way he expresses his emotions,his anger,his helplessness everything was amazing...The way the cameras have shot around the "Chor Bazar" , "Bhindi Bazar" , "Dharavi area" & other slum areas was just superb... I always knew "Rajeev" could make one cry , & laugh with him..but what he has done in "Aamir" is remarkable... it is awesome.. superb..outstanding..mind-blowing..mind-blasting..
fantastic...great...lovely..wonderful..par excellence.. bole tho ek dum jhakaas..raapchik..dhassu..bindaas... "Rajeev" surely deserves "The Best Critic Actor & the
Newcomer of the year 2008..." In short the movie is not be missed... Everything in the movie is MIND-BOGGLING...

Thanks for your review. Yours is a first  first-hand review of an IFian that I read. ClapClap

Trying to be with you right there in the cinema and feel what u have felt. Smile

Hope I will be able to grab a VD very soon.

SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sun_423

"AAMIR'S" Review from My point of view.. today i went to see the movie not as a "Rajeevian" but as a normal individual..i speak as a normal individual..the movie was a outstanding effort..it is a movie with a message.. it carries a lot of meaning in every person day-to-day life... Aisi pictures roz-roz nahii banthi...it is a commendable effort made by every person in the movie..it is not only Rajeev whose work which is mastt...Every single person's work in that movie is just par excellence...chahe woh "Amit" ka music ho , "Amitabh" ke lyrics ho , ya "Alphonso" kii cinematography ho each & everything was in place.. perfect..i liked "Raj Kumar Gupta" direction.. it was cooll.. it was nice to watch a movie like "Aamir".. For people who love cinema missing "Aamir" is not good... the movie is short,simple,no larger than life sets,no heroine,no love songs nothing at all but phir bhii yeh movie aap sab hi par ghehri chaap chod jayegi...it is a kind of a movie which a cinema lover will never want to miss...you may feel that may be because i'am a "Rajeevian" i'am supporting the movie... but it is not like that..i had taken my two cousins & a friend of mine with me to the movie... & my friend told me "Suri thanks for inviting me to such a movie which has so much of meaning.." the movie made me cry by the end... i was just staring at the screen & the movie ended.. tears were flowing down my eyes i never realized it.. Suddenly my cusin brother shouted "Superb movie Suri.." i never realized it then keerthi[my cusin sister.] saw that i was sniffing & crying & staring at the screen.. she was like "Don't cry... it is such a beautifully made film.." The songs in the movie once you see them will give you a total meaning..the songs really carry loads of relevant meaning on the "Aamir"...from the scene one to the last scene you can see "Rajeev".. he has done a brilliant job.. "Aamir" mein uski acting dekhkar yeh koi nahii keh sakega kii yeh uski pehli movie hai...I always knew "Rajeev" was a very good actor.. lekin joh usne "Aamir" movie mein kiya hai it is totally outstanding.. I'am very sure "Aamir" joh koi bhii dekhega whether she/he is a "Rajeevian" or not it will touch their hearts.. "Aamir" is a short movie for about one hour 50 mins.. but it is worth it..not even for a second i could move my eyes away from the screen..it was such a thriller... har ek pal something or the other was happening..& i surely did not even want to miss a bit of it...movie khatam hone ke baad   keerthi was like " are dekh lights on hue hai.. and all will see you crying.." i just managed to give her a smile.. Even now i'am not out of the "Aamir" hangover... The scenes of the songs were just too goodddd.. It carried so much of relevance... jab you see the songs with the scenes it will leave a chaap on your heart... The movie had "Rajeev" "All The Way".. He has very well stood up to the character of "Aamir Ali.." Nobody else could have played the role as well as "Rajeev" did... The placrs where the movie was shot were so crowed..lekin aisa lag raha tha kii "Rajeev" did it with ease... The way he expresses his emotions,his anger,his helplessness everything was amazing...The way the cameras have shot around the "Chor Bazar" , "Bhindi Bazar" , "Dharavi area" & other slum areas was just superb... I always knew "Rajeev" could make one cry , & laugh with him..but what he has done in "Aamir" is remarkable... it is awesome.. superb..outstanding..mind-blowing..mind-blasting..

Hailaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, u made my day and my night with his post Suro, I am so happpppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Let's celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Let's celebrate the success of our very own Rajeev Big smile

Party Dancing

Day Dreaming

SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

Thanks for your review. Yours is a first  first-hand review of an IFian that I read. ClapClap

Trying to be with you right there in the cinema and feel what u have felt. Smile

Hope I will be able to grab a VD very soon.

Sunaina, I am getting the film very soon INSHALLAH, I will try to give it to u on YM INSHALLAH once I get it, me so excited Party Dancing

Go to top