Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 99)

bhoomikauttam IF-Dazzler
bhoomikauttam
bhoomikauttam

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Watched Aamir today... First half felt the script is the hero of the movie.. second half finished and the movie.. I felt Oh Rajeev's perofrmance is the real hero.. Awesome.. We r so proud we have observed ur work closely and u didnt let us down.. surpassed our expectations..

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sun_423

"AAMIR'S" Review from My point of view.. today i went to see the movie not as a "Rajeevian" but as a normal individual..i speak as a normal individual..the movie was a outstanding effort..it is a movie with a message.. it carries a lot of meaning in every person day-to-day life... Aisi pictures roz-roz nahii banthi...it is a commendable effort made by every person in the movie..it is not only Rajeev whose work which is mastt...Every single person's work in that movie is just par excellence...chahe woh "Amit" ka music ho , "Amitabh" ke lyrics ho , ya "Alphonso" kii cinematography ho each & everything was in place.. perfect..i liked "Raj Kumar Gupta" direction.. it was cooll.. it was nice to watch a movie like "Aamir".. For people who love cinema missing "Aamir" is not good... the movie is short,simple,no larger than life sets,no heroine,no love songs nothing at all but phir bhii yeh movie aap sab hi par ghehri chaap chod jayegi...it is a kind of a movie which a cinema lover will never want to miss...you may feel that may be because i'am a "Rajeevian" i'am supporting the movie... but it is not like that..i had taken my two cousins & a friend of mine with me to the movie... & my friend told me "Suri thanks for inviting me to such a movie which has so much of meaning.." the movie made me cry by the end... i was just staring at the screen & the movie ended.. tears were flowing down my eyes i never realized it.. Suddenly my cusin brother shouted "Superb movie Suri.." i never realized it then keerthi[my cusin sister.] saw that i was sniffing & crying & staring at the screen.. she was like "Don't cry... it is such a beautifully made film.." The songs in the movie once you see them will give you a total meaning..the songs really carry loads of relevant meaning on the "Aamir"...from the scene one to the last scene you can see "Rajeev".. he has done a brilliant job.. "Aamir" mein uski acting dekhkar yeh koi nahii keh sakega kii yeh uski pehli movie hai...I always knew "Rajeev" was a very good actor.. lekin joh usne "Aamir" movie mein kiya hai it is totally outstanding.. I'am very sure "Aamir" joh koi bhii dekhega whether she/he is a "Rajeevian" or not it will touch their hearts.. "Aamir" is a short movie for about one hour 50 mins.. but it is worth it..not even for a second i could move my eyes away from the screen..it was such a thriller... har ek pal something or the other was happening..& i surely did not even want to miss a bit of it...movie khatam hone ke baad   keerthi was like " are dekh lights on hue hai.. and all will see you crying.." i just managed to give her a smile.. Even now i'am not out of the "Aamir" hangover... The scenes of the songs were just too goodddd.. It carried so much of relevance... jab you see the songs with the scenes it will leave a chaap on your heart... The movie had "Rajeev" "All The Way".. He has very well stood up to the character of "Aamir Ali.." Nobody else could have played the role as well as "Rajeev" did... The placrs where the movie was shot were so crowed..lekin aisa lag raha tha kii "Rajeev" did it with ease... The way he expresses his emotions,his anger,his helplessness everything was amazing...The way the cameras have shot around the "Chor Bazar" , "Bhindi Bazar" , "Dharavi area" & other slum areas was just superb... I always knew "Rajeev" could make one cry , & laugh with him..but what he has done in "Aamir" is remarkable... it is awesome.. superb..outstanding..mind-blowing..mind-blasting..
fantastic...great...lovely..wonderful..par excellence.. bole tho ek dum jhakaas..raapchik..dhassu..bindaas... "Rajeev" surely deserves "The Best Critic Actor & the
Newcomer of the year 2008..." In short the movie is not be missed... Everything in the movie is MIND-BOGGLING...
According to me we can give "Aamir" a 4 star out of 5...     Day Dreaming

Thanks for your review. Yours is a first  first-hand review of an IFian that I read. ClapClap

Trying to be with you right there in the cinema and feel what u have felt. Smile

Hope I will be able to grab a VD very soon.

SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sun_423

"AAMIR'S" Review from My point of view.. today i went to see the movie not as a "Rajeevian" but as a normal individual..i speak as a normal individual..the movie was a outstanding effort..it is a movie with a message.. it carries a lot of meaning in every person day-to-day life... Aisi pictures roz-roz nahii banthi...it is a commendable effort made by every person in the movie..it is not only Rajeev whose work which is mastt...Every single person's work in that movie is just par excellence...chahe woh "Amit" ka music ho , "Amitabh" ke lyrics ho , ya "Alphonso" kii cinematography ho each & everything was in place.. perfect..i liked "Raj Kumar Gupta" direction.. it was cooll.. it was nice to watch a movie like "Aamir".. For people who love cinema missing "Aamir" is not good... the movie is short,simple,no larger than life sets,no heroine,no love songs nothing at all but phir bhii yeh movie aap sab hi par ghehri chaap chod jayegi...it is a kind of a movie which a cinema lover will never want to miss...you may feel that may be because i'am a "Rajeevian" i'am supporting the movie... but it is not like that..i had taken my two cousins & a friend of mine with me to the movie... & my friend told me "Suri thanks for inviting me to such a movie which has so much of meaning.." the movie made me cry by the end... i was just staring at the screen & the movie ended.. tears were flowing down my eyes i never realized it.. Suddenly my cusin brother shouted "Superb movie Suri.." i never realized it then keerthi[my cusin sister.] saw that i was sniffing & crying & staring at the screen.. she was like "Don't cry... it is such a beautifully made film.." The songs in the movie once you see them will give you a total meaning..the songs really carry loads of relevant meaning on the "Aamir"...from the scene one to the last scene you can see "Rajeev".. he has done a brilliant job.. "Aamir" mein uski acting dekhkar yeh koi nahii keh sakega kii yeh uski pehli movie hai...I always knew "Rajeev" was a very good actor.. lekin joh usne "Aamir" movie mein kiya hai it is totally outstanding.. I'am very sure "Aamir" joh koi bhii dekhega whether she/he is a "Rajeevian" or not it will touch their hearts.. "Aamir" is a short movie for about one hour 50 mins.. but it is worth it..not even for a second i could move my eyes away from the screen..it was such a thriller... har ek pal something or the other was happening..& i surely did not even want to miss a bit of it...movie khatam hone ke baad   keerthi was like " are dekh lights on hue hai.. and all will see you crying.." i just managed to give her a smile.. Even now i'am not out of the "Aamir" hangover... The scenes of the songs were just too goodddd.. It carried so much of relevance... jab you see the songs with the scenes it will leave a chaap on your heart... The movie had "Rajeev" "All The Way".. He has very well stood up to the character of "Aamir Ali.." Nobody else could have played the role as well as "Rajeev" did... The placrs where the movie was shot were so crowed..lekin aisa lag raha tha kii "Rajeev" did it with ease... The way he expresses his emotions,his anger,his helplessness everything was amazing...The way the cameras have shot around the "Chor Bazar" , "Bhindi Bazar" , "Dharavi area" & other slum areas was just superb... I always knew "Rajeev" could make one cry , & laugh with him..but what he has done in "Aamir" is remarkable... it is awesome.. superb..outstanding..mind-blowing..mind-blasting..
fantastic...great...lovely..wonderful..par excellence.. bole tho ek dum jhakaas..raapchik..dhassu..bindaas... "Rajeev" surely deserves "The Best Critic Actor & the
Newcomer of the year 2008..." In short the movie is not be missed... Everything in the movie is MIND-BOGGLING...
According to me we can give "Aamir" a 4 star out of 5...     Day Dreaming

Hailaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, u made my day and my night with his post Suro, I am so happpppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Let's celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Let's celebrate the success of our very own Rajeev Big smile

Party Dancing

Day Dreaming

SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

Thanks for your review. Yours is a first  first-hand review of an IFian that I read. ClapClap

Trying to be with you right there in the cinema and feel what u have felt. Smile

Hope I will be able to grab a VD very soon.

Sunaina, I am getting the film very soon INSHALLAH, I will try to give it to u on YM INSHALLAH once I get it, me so excited Party Dancing

binidoshi Senior Member
binidoshi
binidoshi

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Guys, just saw the film...n am speechless...full marks to the entire team of this film...it's brilliant...n hats off to rajeev...he has far surpassed my expections....aamir seems a role that was tailor made for him...he fits in so perfectly

Who knows what the BO fate of this film may be..but its so heartening to read all the rave reviews ..take a bow..aamir

SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:31am | IP Logged

Hi friends,

Review and video!!!!!!!!!!!!:....

MOVIE REVIEW: Aamir
  Song picturisation of Aamir
THOUGH SMALL 'AAMIR' HAS PLENTY TO OFFER

By Pankaj Shukla

Critic's I-view

SmasHits.com

'Aamir' is a small movie but has plenty to offer to its audience. Its director Raj Kumar Gupta is new, but has proved his worth in his debut. The protagonist played by Rajiv Khandelwal attracts wide applause from the viewers as well as the critics though he doesn't belong to the big star category. The movie is different in many respects: It has no heroine kind of a character nor does it contain regular formula of a romance, song and dance track or an item number. The movie is without much-hyped foreign or domestic locales shooting. The director has justly shot the Mumbai city's dingy lanes and bye-lanes that are too crowded to move about; small and cheap eating houses and hotels, besides all the dirt the city has.

After all, Aamir goes through it in the few hours of a day! The credit for all this goes to the proper handling of the subject by Raj Kumar Gupta. Yes, he wouldn't have been successful without the support from his other departments like the cinematography by Alphonse Roy and background score by Amit Trivedi, apart from tight editing and just screenplay. Among its anonymous cast, Rajeev lends full support to the director by his excellent performance inasmuch in emoting like a troubled common man. Gajrao Rao performs equally well as the vicious villain.

SmasHits.com

According to the story, 'Aamir' meaning leader takes off as a thriller about a common man forced into criminal exploitation in the course of a day. This is about Aamir Ali who lands on the Mumbai airport coming back home from London and when he finds his family missing to receive at the airport; he goes to the nearby PCO and makes a call back home. Two men on a bicycle throw a cell phone at him and the phone starts ringing and Aamir is forced to do follow instructions given on the cell phone because his family has been kidnapped by the caller, a terrorist group.

SmasHits.com

Rajeev Khandelwal who plays the lead character of Aamir has been turned a scapegoat by an extremist group to indulge in the worst crime. So, he has to move in the lanes and by-lanes of Mumbai city as instructed by the terrorist group with no clue about their mission. Before he comes to know about his assignment, he has already been involved in a bombing conspiracy. Though the basic premise of the film is the same as in 'Black and White', 'Shaurya', 'Hope and a Little Sugar' the movie doesn't attempt to give a lesson to its viewers. The director presumes that his predecessors have already dealt on the subject through their ventures.

SmasHits.com

On the whole, 'Aamir' has indeed succeeded unlike other contemporary movies. As said earlier, the movie is meant for appealing to the minds rather than the hearts of the audience. The movie is worth a watch. After all, it shows how a common man from London can help a big city like Mumbai from the clutches of terrorist-the enemies of the humanity.

Link:

http://smashits.com/news/bollywood/movie-review/6732/aamir.h tml

binidoshi Senior Member
binidoshi
binidoshi

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Btw just saw CNN-IBN..Rajeev Masand review...i missed a bit...he pointed bit towards the similaries with cavite n another film...but over all his review is positive...has praised the director n rajeev....gave it a thumps up..n rated it 3/5
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 11:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by binidoshi

Btw just saw CNN-IBN..Rajeev Masand review...i missed a bit...he pointed bit towards the similaries with cavite n another film...but over all his review is positive...has praised the director n rajeev....gave it a thumps up..n rated it 3/5

I think he pointed the similarity between ''Cavite'' and ''Aamir'', coz many said they are similar....

I am proud of Rajeev, ''Aamir'' is an original indian story as I heard!!!!!!!!!!.....

Go to top