Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 87)

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by togepe30

Arey Guys,

Good News!!

Aamir has got a U/A certificate yaar........Not an "A".......Its come out in the papers today.......And delhi times has got an article on Rajeev in the front page.........If sumone cud scan it,plzz do !Embarrassed

this is good vanduuu.....no thankoo for the info....ClapClapClap

lrllike IF-Dazzler
lrllike
lrllike

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
heyya vandu really happy for u..thks for giving the info in detail..i felt like sleepin in b/w puri ramayan bakh di..but u r lucky yaar kaash mai bhi noida mai rehthi par chal waha crime bahut hai mai yaha hi theek hu

waise mai bhi tuesday ko movie dekhne jaa rahi hu hehehe weekend houseful hai Wink LOL
MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
vandu dear no thankoo so muchh for posting the pics & the article..SmileRajeev looks tooo gooddd... Embarrassed
MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
@Ritika-thanku so muc for link link.... Smile
ranjitha IF-Dazzler
ranjitha
ranjitha

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Will Rajeev Khandelwal be the next 'Aamir'?

Spicezee Bureau

New Delhi, June 06: Small screen wonder Rajeev Khandelwal will surely have his fingers crossed for this one. The actor is all set to take on the Bollywood as his debut film 'Aamir' releases across the country today.

The actor in an exclusive interview to Spicezee spoke about his debut flick that releases on the same day as the Bollywood's most awaited flick 'Sarkar Raj'.

'I have heard plenty of scripts in past. None excited me as much as 'Aamir' did. This was the first time a script did not let me sleep after reading it. I read it when I was flying from Mumbai to Delhi and when I landed; I called up the producers and said yes to the movie.'

'And about the movie, it is a beautiful story. I am romancing in the movie, not any woman though. but I am romancing life itself," Rajiv elaborates.

When asked about the tough competition coming from Bollywood's first family as the much-hyped Sarkar Raj releases on the same day, Rajeev simply laughs at the comparisons.

"I just met Abhi-Ash in the aircraft (pauses, laughs) and I was glad meeting them. I said that the movie is going to give 'Sarkar Raj' a tough time. No, I am not nervous about it at all, rather I am really excited. I am a big Bachchan fan and I am happy that my posters are put next to his; at least, he'll get to know that there is somebody called Rajeev Khandelwal. '

When asked as to what his debut film is all about, the actor stated, 'The movie 'Aamir' is about an average middle class Indian Muslim guy who has dreams for himself and his family. He is like a normal middle class guy who doesn't bother about the communal or political issues. When he returns home after studying abroad, a phone call throws him into the throes of a conspiracy."

The story moves on to show how he finds the way out of this trap and towards the end is left with one option ' whether he accepts destiny or writes his own destiny and that is what the byline says, 'Kaun kehta hain ki aadmi apni kismat khudh likhta hain.'

This movie is an attempt to explore the psyche of a modern 'foreign-returned' Indian as he's plunged headlong into the Kafkaesque nightmare of crime, grime, extremism and fanaticism in the underbelly of the big, bright and bewildering city of Mumbai. It is a 'Swades' on skids, hurtling down into an abyss of unpatriotic instigations.

From the moment Aamir (Rajeev Khandelwal) touches down on Mumbai's international airport, what one sees is that overpowering sense of an individual's struggle to survive in a pitiless and often unforgiving city.

The taut and tense narration finds supreme sustenance from its outdoors. Indeed, apart from Rajeev and his portrayal of the reluctant hero, the real protagonist of 'Aamir' is the busy city Mumbai.

The crowded, congested 'chawls' and 'gullies', the reek of deprivation, and the stench and sweat of anxiety assail your senses in a way that was last seen in Anurag Kashyap's 'Black Friday'.

Squalor seldom seemed so splendidly evocative. As the protagonist winds his way through a day in the city that would lead to his inevitable doom, the camera captures crowds of bored bystanders and curious passersby looking at our man on the run with a tell-tale red briefcase in his sweaty hands.

To sum it all, 'Aamir' is a rare film, which provides you with food for thought without burdening with sermons on the quality of existence. The thrill element presides over the message. The disturbing undercurrents just flow out of the story with a virile fluency.

heena_mehta IF-Rockerz
heena_mehta
heena_mehta

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
thanxs alot vandu for pics of premier, raj was looking cool Embarrassed Wink

vandu di bas aapko ek cheez jo raj se puchani chahiye thi wo ye ki ek din me kitne phone calls attend karta hai LOL
ranjitha IF-Dazzler
ranjitha
ranjitha

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Rajeev Khandelwal says he is romancing life
5 Jun 2008, 2235 hrs IST
,Vasundhara Sanger,TIMESOFINDIA.COM
 Print  

Bookmark / Share

Write to Editor  Single page view

doweshowbellyad=0;
Rajeev Khandelwal (TOI Photo)
MUMBAI: Dashing actor Rajeev Khandelwal, heartthrob of millions of television audience is all set for the release of his debut film, Aamir . In between his busy schedule he speaks to timesofindia.com about his forthcoming release, Ekta Kapoor and his experience while shooting for his maiden film. Excerpts:

Q: Are you playing a terrorist in the film?
A: You'll have to wait to know that. I play a doctor.

Q: The promos of Aamir depict ample street action. As a TV actor you were used to a closed door environment. How did you adapt to the street show in the film? As an actor did you face any difficulty?
A: Oh, yes plenty of difficulties in terms of the environment and approach but not in (my) performance. Previously, I was used to shooting in air conditioned rooms and worked under a very controlled environment whereas in Aamir I shot on the streets. After giving my shot I wouldn't know whether it went right or wrong since we were filming with hidden cameras, were on phone and wireless equipments. I would do my shot and then wait for someone to say whether it was okay.

Q: And to add to it you were being mobbed too. It must have been a distraction.
A: Yes, that too. But I felt the distraction, initially. Later it didn't matter, as I was too focused on the work at hand to notice anything else. We received a fantastic response from the people on the streets. And working with hidden camera was an experience in itself. I think we have become experts in working with hidden cameras. It gives one a chance to discover the mood of the crowd. The mobbing did interrupt things but delays were a part of the game.

Q: It is said you are not romancing anyone in the film.
A: I am romancing LIFE!

Q: But there is no heroine who plays your love interest in the film. You have an image of a romantic hero. Aren't you worried that your audience may not like you in this new role?
A: When have I ever been worried about anything? I have an image of a romancing hero; a lover boy image. But if you have noticed, after playing 'Sujal' in the TV serial Kahiin Toh Hoga , I have never really romanced anyone, onscreen. In Left Right left (TV serial) I was shown to be falling in love but did not romance the girl in actual sense of the term.

Q: We won't ask you about your association with your former co star and good friend Aamna Sharif but there is news of your patch up with Ekta Kapoor? Is it true?
A: There was never any fight, to begin with. It's only media generated. Ekta and I did not work for so long because I did not relate to all her shows. And Ekta was making serials where she didn't need me. It was as simple as that.

Q: So, will you work with Ekta?
A: I don't know. But there is no ego issues involved here.

Q: You have a reputation for being choosy. What made you choose Aamir to be your debut film?
A: It is the script. I found it so exciting that after reading it I didn't have second thoughts. I called up the producers immediately and said I wished to work in the film. For me, narration of the film matters.

Q: Will you now direct or produce a film since you were a documentary filmmaker before embarking on a career in acting?
A: I'd surely like to direct. Army is a subject that has always excited me right from the time I was a child. I'd love to do a film on Army but right now there is no plan.

Q: After the release of your film, what do you plan to do next?
A: When I signed up for Aamir and began shooting for it in October last year, I promised myself not to sign any other film till it ( Aamir ) was completed. Fortunately, we managed to wind up fast and the film is set for release, tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd have had to wait for god knows how long to sign another film. Now, I'd be signing another film. I am on a two film contract with UTV so I'd be doing their second film after Aamir . In the second film I play a romantic hero. But I am free to sign other films, too.

heena_mehta IF-Rockerz
heena_mehta
heena_mehta

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3103459.cms
hey guys here is dlink of pics of raj in todays times of india

Edited by angel 16 - 06 June 2008 at 12:00am

Go to top