Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umang-e-rajeev thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

This content was originally posted by: binidoshi

Guys...did anyone read this in BT today...its an art by Subhash Jha..nobody has posted..so here it is..there is an entire art on this but am posting just abt rajeev...have skipped the rest

It's raining newcomers ! But star kids making their debut in the film industry still seem to have an edge over debutantes from non-filmi backgrounds

A star is definitely born this week. And he is not born into a film empire. He doesn't have a sugar daddy. Ekta Kapoor disowned Rajeev Khandelwal long ago. And Rajeev disowned televison for good. Watching him in his debut film single handedly holding up a taut, gripping & utterly beguiling thriller you can't help but wonder ..where did that come from ??

The best part is the art begins with rajeev n there is a nice pic of his...

thanks for the articalllllllllllllllllllllll😳

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Hi friends,

Aamir: Rajkumar Gupta take a bow

All the reviews are pouring in and poring how. Everyone, every reviewer, every critic, every channel is raving about Aamir. Unfortunately i havent seen the movie yet, and am not sure if i will be able to watch it soon, as it maynot release in Dallas. If anyone knows of show timings please do let us know. Well this is not about my take on Aamir, instead its on the take of other reviewers on Aamir and Raj Kumar Gupta and Rajeev Khandelwal, and everyone associated with Aamir.

Never since the release of Black Friday has each and everyone praised of the movie in teh same breathaway..coz i guess both the movies took their breath away…and to think about it, Rajkumar Gupta and Anurag Kashyap were associated with both the movies. From what i have heard and seen of rajkumar Gupta he is the next best thing to happen to Bollywood.

Link:

http://passionforcinema.com/aamir-rajkumar-gupta-take-a-bow/

Hi friends,

Important announcment

Plz, on the sucess of Aamir, do pm me ur wishes and msgs to Rajeev, I will be sending them to Rajeev INSHALLAH....

Last date is on 11th June....

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
hey gys
time to celebrate
👏

Hi friends,

The results of the box office are posted in the bollywood section, do plz comment there INSHALLAH 😳

Link:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/962504

Hi friends,

The review of Aamir (4/5) once again!!!!!!!....

Aamir not to be missed!!!!!!....

Posted on bollywood section, plz, do comment there INSHALLAH

Link:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/962549

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

'Aamir': A terrific watch!

If you discount the implausibility of the plot — and you do, for most commercial films, right? — then Raj Kumar Gupta's debut film 'Aamir' is a terrific watch.
Movie review by Deepa Gahlot:

Unfortunately, the film isn't original — it bears too close a resemblance to Philippino film Cavite (which had similarities to Nick of Time and Phone Booth) to be  coincidental — but Gupta's control of the medium is still masterful.

Aamir Ali (Rajeev Khandelwal), a doctor returning from London, puts up with the insolence of the customs officer with remarkable patience. The minute he steps out of the airport his nightmare begins.

A cell phone is tossed to him by two sinister men on a mobike, a voice tells him to take a cab and come to Dongri (a Muslim-area in South Mumbai), and that his whole family has been kidnapped and will be killed if he won't obey.

Aamir is made to go on a mad chase through the slums and ghettos of the area, presumably because the caller (Gajraj Rao) wants the privileged doctor to see how poor Muslims live, and feel the anger and urge to fight "them."  Eerily, the film captures an ordinary day in the life of the caller — including his playing with a cute child.

Aamir's complete passivity is odd, as is his not taking off his suit jacket and tie in Mumbai's heat; at a few points in the film it looks as if Aamir will attempt to fight back, but this is not about unreal herogiri,  it's about an ordinary man's extraordinary heroism.

Finally,  in a tense few minutes shot in real time, his courage and humanism come to the fore. It is this kind of Muslim, the film seems to say again, who suffers the most and still holds on to his innate decency.

Apart from Khandelwal's superb performance, the other hero of the film is cinematographer Alphonse Roy, who realistic work (a lot of handheld and hidden camera shots) gives the viewer goose bumps --a scene in a filthy toilet makes you hold your breath, as if you were there yourself. The actors all look like they were picked from the real locations. The editing and music are near-perfect too.

Gupta worked with Anurag Kashyap earlier and the similarity in style is discernable, but the newcomer has all the makings of an excellent director.  If only he can come up with an original script the next time.

Source: India Syndicate
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
'I REMAIN MUCH IN MY OWN WORLD'

...says actor Rajeev Khandelwal talking about his health quotient

What keeps me fit

More than workouts, I'm into sports. I must have my two-hour game of tennis everyday. I can give up gymming but not my tennis. That's probably because I have been playing tennis right from my college days, though I took a break from it for a while – when I shifted to Mumbai from Jaipur to pursue a career in showbiz. Now I'm back to tennis with a vengeance. Actually, I'm more of a racquet person and am into badminton, squash and table tennis too. The other sport that helps me keep fit is swimming.
   But, here I'd like to say that I do go to the gym atleast two to three times a week. Ideally, I'd like to combine both tennis and gymming. At the gym, I have a very good trainer who knows what workouts are best for my body. I don't go into heavy-duty stuff. I don't believe in looking bulky – the idea is not to look as if you spend hours at the gym, but welltoned, sporty, and of course, good and healthy.

My diet plan for the day

I have been very particular about my diet for the last 12-13 years. And it's not because I'm into showbiz, but because I believe in looking good and healthy. If you're healthy then nothing like that feeling – you feel you can then conquer the world. No wonder, as they say, health is wealth.
   For breakfast, these days I have switched over completely to fruits. Earlier, I used to have king-size breakfast, but now, my day begins not with tea or coffee but with a tall glass of orange juice. Till noon-time, i just have fruits like papaya or apples. I take care not to mix citrus or solid fruits at a time.
   My lunch is huge. The regular stuff like dal, chicken and, of course, vegetables. I love all veggies – in fact, you can buy me with vegetables.
   For dinner, if I'm home, I toss plenty of things together – be it sprouts, salads, vegetables, etc and create something that's tasty, besides being healthy. I avoid carbs, so no rice or chappatis for me in my last meal of the day.
   I don't eat junk food and just stick to nuts and fruits if I feel hungry in between. This is not to say that I don't enjoy stuff like paranthas and fried stuff. Actually, when I'm in Mumbai, I lead a very regimented life but when I'm out of the city, I don't know what happens to me – I gorge on all the stuff that most health freaks would frown upon.

What gives me happiness

I'm happy when I'm able to stand by my decisions, being able to follow stuff that's close to my heart. Although I'm very fond of my family and friends, I'm much into my own world. Of course, it gives me great happiness to be able to bring a smile onto someone's face. Be it by helping an old lady get a new pair of spectacles that she can't afford – it's just very difficult to talk about these things.
   I'm very close to my family, and although I can't visit them too often because of my work, I speak to my mother on the phone every single day.
   Finally, happiness is when you're close to nature. I often take off for a trekking trip and mountaineering. I just took a break and went off to Goa. Last year, I had a splendid time trekking in Ladakh. And then, what also gives me that exhilarating feeling is river-rafting. Nature has so much to offer us – things that give us so much happiness, it's up to you to choose what works best for you.
   As told to PURNIMA SHARMA

rittika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Posts (April 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the woderful review vandu 🤗