Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 15)

SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:15pm | IP Logged

Hi friends,

A new article where Rajeev is mentioned, posted on bollywood section, plz do comment there INSHALLAH Embarrassed and don't post the article here, let us all comment there INSHALLAH Embarrassed, to support Rajeev on bollywood INSHALLAH Embarrassed

Bollywood's new star wars

Link:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=948095

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Thanx for the info Zee di ! Tongue
SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:51pm | IP Logged

Hi friends,

A new article where Rajeev and his film (Aamir) is mentioned, posted on bollywood section, plz do comment there INSHALLAH Embarrassed and don't post the article here, let us all comment there INSHALLAH Embarrassed, to support Rajeev on bollywood INSHALLAH Embarrassed

Now June 6 hots up

Link:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=948107

cherishlove Senior Member
cherishlove
cherishlove

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

'Aamir is not cashing in on the Jaipur blasts'

Still from Jannat

Why are you so selective about revealing the plot of your film?
Aamir is a cutting edge thriller about a common man who is pushed against the world and asked to do certain things. The crux of the film is whether he gives up or fights back to deal with the circumstances. It's a situation that any one of us can get into unknowingly and how one deals with it. Mine is a compelling, moving and entertaining film that doesn't have any conventional female lead. Since the thriller unfolds with each and every scene, I am reluctant to say anything further. At the most I can say the film is set against the backdrop of terrorism.

Jannat's release date coincided with the IPL matches. Aamir releases just weeks after the Jaipur serial blast. Do you think real-life connections will help your film at the box office?
The release date of my film was decided much before the tragedy struck. Aamir is not cashing in on the Jaipur blasts. No tragedy should be commercially exploited.

Producers are suddenly showing interest in making films on terrorism and the Naxalite movement. Is that because terrorism in India is again rearing its nasty head?
I am not aware of many recent films on terrorism. Of course, there is a herd mentality. But then, that's not Bollywood specific. The moment a certain genre of films is successful, Hollywood too throws up some more films in the same genre. As for terrorism, it has never remained dormant.

You are going on record to say that you weren't aware of Rajeev Khandelwal's previous work when you cast him as the lead. Considering that Rajeev is a popular television star, don't you think such comments can hurt his ego?
Frankly speaking, I have never followed television and hence didn't know about his work. I met him through common friends and interacted with him. Thereafter, he showed me some of his works on the DVD. Rajeev came across as an actor who never carried any baggage of being a television star. He had a lot of respect for the script and all of the technicians.

So, who is the real hero of your film - Rajeev or the script ?
The script. The only reason that my producers gave a break to a newcomer like me who has no filmi connections (I come from Hazaribagh) is because I had a cracking script. Of late, a number of big stars and production houses have released films that have bombed. The reason is that they didn't have a good script.

Do you do your research for a film and write the complete script before approaching your producers?
Yes. I've assisted Anurag Kashyap for Black Friday and No Smoking. And one must be prepared to show a bound script to every producer who wants to read it. A producer might reject a script and there could be chances of portions of one's script being copied by others because one has shown it to some producers. But that's a risk one has to take. Film-making, in any case, is a risky business.

What else did you learn from Anurag Kashyap?
He told me that a film has to be made from the heart. Budgets are no excuses. I can never say that my film would have been better had I got a crore more. Budgets don't decide whether a film is good or not.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Aamir_is_not_c ashing_in_on_the_Jaipur_blasts/articleshow/3057067.cms

Edited by cherishlove - 20 May 2008 at 9:58pm
reva_roy IF-Rockerz
reva_roy
reva_roy

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
no thnx for d article Smile
lrl rocks IF-Rockerz
lrl rocks
lrl rocks

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
no thanks 4 the article Wink
anam.05 IF-Dazzler
anam.05
anam.05

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:47am | IP Logged
@zee di no thnx for the link
@cherishlove no thnx for the article
binidoshi Senior Member
binidoshi
binidoshi

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 2:08am | IP Logged
hey guys..did anyone upload the rajeev's interview on etc ???

Go to top