Celebrity Fan Clubs

Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 139)

Post Reply New Post

Page 139 of 145

togepe30

IF-Stunnerz

togepe30

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MURALIDHARAN99

waise agla fc kaun start kar raha hai Wink

its under construction...lolzzLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Aamir Fanclub - Enjoying Rave Reviews ! (Page 139)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KMP14

KMP14

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by farislove

Originally posted by togepe30

Originally posted by ranjitha

This is a small piece of news which has come in some paper

IIFA 2008 begun with premier of Sarkaar Raj and the trio of Bachans was seeming quite excited about that. The movie is sequel to Sarkaar that was hit on box offices. Audiences and even film city also hopes for the same result from this movie.

The movie is in hard comapettion with Aamir, led by Rajeev Khandelwal as audiences are liking this also. Who takes away the pie is awaited?

Omgggggggg..........Wow........Pitted against the bachchans.......Aur wo bhi ek nahi....2 nahi....3-3 bachchan'sParty.......Nikal padi apni to !!Party

Yuppppppppppppppppi Party 

This is a call for a celebration!!!!!!!! Party

yes dear vandu & zee this is a call for a celebration

i am happy now PartyParty 

arunasri.m

arunasri.m

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Aamir - Review
10th June 2008 | posted in meetu, Hindi Movies |
Alternate Names: Amir
Rating:      Watch for sure - preferably in theatre (Rating Scale)

Don't just sit there reading this, go watch it!
Quick review

There isn't one single department which can claim that it carried Aamir on its shoulders. Each and everything - make-up, set design/locations, background music, lighting, camera work, dialogue, and of course acting work towards creating the build-up and the final impact. And what's more religious fundamentalism is dealt with subtlety - the lost virtue. It has been maintained almost throughout, except for the abruptness of the background music in parts and the portrayal of the antagonist.
Rating: Watch for sure - preferably in theatre (Rating Scale)
==================
So many movies based on religious fundamentalism have come and gone, that you wonder if any stone is left unturned in this territory. And then comes along a movie like Aamir that not only defies all standards of film-making in Hindi cinema but also breaks barriers of approaching the subject. Be warned though, that you are in for a very slow paced, extremely serious cinema.

Movies of this genre are made to inspire the audience. And usually they end up inspiring by a long, unwieldy sermon in the climax. But here, since you are so in tune with what the character is going through just by seeing him, you start thinking how you would react in that situation. And ultimately, you realize its all building towards inspiring you by action and not just by words.

Every time I watch a Hindi movie in which I feel what the protagonist is going through without anyone telling me, but just by observation, it scores with me. Such is the brilliance of the performance by Rajeev Khandelwal who plays Aamir Ali. Despite knowing very little about the kind of person Aamir is, we feel what he is going through on that particular day of his life.

His performance is adequately supported by regular day-to-day dialogues. Also, since the dialogues are minimal, the plain lines don't get boring. The dialogues given to the villain though are repetitive and thus mundane. Also, the "villainish" things he is made to do on his chair in a dimly-lit room are too on-the-face and unimaginative compared to the tone of the rest of the movie. Because they come across as typical, you are reminded you are actually watching a movie. And thus he hardly strikes terror in the minds of the audience.

What is terrorizing though is the ambience created by the sets/locations. Be it a stench-filled place or a claustrophobic hotel room that Aamir is confined in or the crowded roads on which he feels like everyone is watching him - all make you feel like getting Aamir out of there as soon as possible.

The lighting keeps in mind the source of natural light in each scene and adds towards the "natural" feel of the movie. Similarly, the camerawork - especially the close-ups and handheld camera movements get you deeper into Aamir's state of mind.

Even the combination of slow pace and short run-time also works towards achieving the required impact. There is a bit when 3 minutes in the story time is actually elongated to maybe almost double its length. But since the movie itself is barely over 90 minutes and you are so engrossed, the slow motion doesn't get annoying.

The songs complemented this style of narration too. Especially "ghumiyo", which in a way was symbolic. The traffic jam Aamir is trying to resolve seems so much like the confusion in his life that he is trying to sort out. The background score is the only thing that seemed abrupt to me. As in, the music itself was very good but since it didn't flow from one scene to another, it felt jerky.

Maybe, just maybe this movie could have dropped one level on the rating scale for a part of the audience because of its pace, but the build-up in the drama can only be sensed in a closed, dark environment. It would be injustice to all the faculties of film-making by watching it at home, with all the distractions and the smaller screen.
- Meetu, a part of the audience

Detailed Ratings (out of 5):
Direction: 4      Story: 3.5
Lead Actors: 5      Supporting Cast: 3
Dialogues: 4      Screenplay: 4
Music: 3.5      Lyrics: 3.5

Aamir - Cast and Crew
Director: Rajkumar Gupta
Lead Actors: Rajeev Khandelwal
Music Director, BackgroundScore: Amit Trivedi
Lyrics: Amitabh Varma
Editor: Aarti Bajaj
Producer: UTV Spotboy Motions Pvt. Ltd.
Action Choreographer: Parvez Khan

http://withoutgivingthemovieaway.com/main/aamir-review/

togepe30

IF-Stunnerz

togepe30

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Lead Actor - 5 Tongue .....omg........yipeeeeee!! Ful marks to rajeev......yahoooooo!!! Tongue

MysticRiver

IF-Stunnerz

MysticRiver

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by togepe30

Lead Actor - 5 Tongue .....omg........yipeeeeee!! Ful marks to rajeev......yahoooooo!!! Tongue

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Dancing

reva_roy

IF-Rockerz

reva_roy

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:50am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=arunasri.m]

Detailed Ratings (out of 5):
Direction: 4      Story: 3.5
Lead Actors: 5      Supporting Cast: 3
Dialogues: 4      Screenplay: 4
Music: 3.5      Lyrics: 3.5

Aamir - Cast and Crew
Director: Rajkumar Gupta
Lead Actors: Rajeev Khandelwal
Music Director, BackgroundScore: Amit Trivedi
Lyrics: Amitabh Varma
Editor: Aarti Bajaj
Producer: UTV Spotboy Motions Pvt. Ltd.
Action Choreographer: Parvez Khan

http://withoutgivingthemovieaway.com/main/aamir-review/ [ /QUOTE]

balle balle Dancing

lrl rocks

IF-Rockerz

lrl rocks

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged
yipeeeeeeeeeeeee finally i saw the movie...movie was awesome Clap outstanding prefomanced by rajeev Clap i loved the movie Clap Clap message was really reallly good Clap fame theater sab lok bol rahe the nice message Party

today i am soooooooooooooooo happy i met aamir khan also Big smile woh bhi aaya tha mall maine gajni ke shoot ke liye with jiya khan Big smile i told my friend aamir deekhne aaye aamir khan deekh gayaLOLSmile

Edited by lrl rocks - 10 June 2008 at 7:12am

reva_roy

IF-Rockerz

reva_roy

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 7:17am | IP Logged

hey vaishu

i am really happy for u ClapClap

congratz ClapClap

so u met aamir khan hah that s great Smile

Edited by MURALIDHARAN99 - 10 June 2008 at 7:25am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top